Catch Me If You Can

Riazj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sounds like an eventful drive! I was really dissapointed that i could not make it, next time!

Will be great to see more reports on the trip.....

Take care and see you all soon.....
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Crazy trip, I guess it can be rename "Stop as much as you can" or "The Viking rope day" :030:
I thought long and hard what to write.....but to be honest I am in trouble...:032:
Everything that could happen has happened.....and even more!
Unfortunately my GPS decided to leave :035: on Thursday evening, so I am not able to say how
many km we did, but for sure very few, guess less than 15 in more than 4 hours.
I did more rescues in this trip that in all my "desert life"....:005:
Any way I would like to say a big thanks to Capri for the lead (for what he could do...), very nice and challenging
track for newbies, special thanks to Salhinai for the support given during rescue activities and pop-out,
and thanks to everybody for coming, hope to see you all soon on the sand.
I think that even if we drove few km, we had the opportunity to learn many things,
and for sure, even if for different reason, this trip will remain for long time in the memories of some people.
Take care and see you soon
Yoghy VR&TPT (Viking Rope & Towing Point Tester)
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is the Charm of CapriLand, and that is the patience of caprihorse :)))-
samjed46

Catch me if you can – Convoy 2

Meeting point : Emarat petrol pump –Dubai Al Ain Road
Time :7 am , 25th May 2012

Convoy:[INDENT=2]
  1. Roby 0556296124 Silver FJ, ‘C’
  2. CAMEL 0559439024 Patrol, ‘C’
  3. Bobpavan, 0553665846, Wrangler, ‘C’
  4. Nasirdub 0504570032 Prado, ‘C’, (Morning drive)
  5. BOMBAYS 0502412400 pajero ' c ' Morning drive
  6. Refad, 0554001773,J-Grand cherokiee, ‘C’
  7. Sanbloody 056-6832512 Black FJ "C" (Morning Drive)
  8. samjed46 0505293243 Wrangler YJ ( Morning drive)
  9. Kamranabid, 0502425456, LC
[/INDENT]
Marshals: AL Shamsi and Abu Jimmy
Lead Support : Ms.D

All assembled at Emarat petrol pump on time except Sanbloody but later joined us at the deflation point.
As it was Kaman’s birthday we all were treated with a big ALMOST4x4 cake and softdrinks, at 7.45 am we left for the deflation point, all were breifed about the trip and Al Shamsi informed us that it would be fun and entrertianed drive with 4 stages .

Rally , soft stand, tricky tracks and high dunes.

The convoy started at 8 am and belive me it was one of the best drive since I joined Almost Family ( i.eFebruary 2012) 42 kms in 3.45 hrs ( including more then an hour spent in handling the popouts and stucks)with few stucks, popouts and had the chance to see many GHAZALS(deers) and also were introduced to the place where Mr.Shamsi had named it after Abu Jimmy!
However as time was not enough Mr. Shamsi informed us the stage 4 cannot be completed but last not the least it was fun,adventure and learning to drive with most loved Marshal “Shamsi”, the drive end at 12 near Al Badayer shops with heart filled with satisfacation for the weekend but still thirsty for more drive.
Thanks to all the members and marshals for making our weekends filled with joy, fun, learning and lovable family atmostphere.
Thank you once again for the drive and look forward to the next week drive.
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Duck Commander;11579]That is the Charm of CapriLand, and that is the patience of caprihorse :)))-[/quote]

Aiwah! So true! :060:
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Yoghybear;11578]Crazy trip, I guess it can be rename "Stop as much as you can" or "The Viking rope day" :030:
[/quote]

How abt " pop me out if ya can" hehehe :005:
OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi all,

What a trip! "The catch me if you can" trip turned out to be a "stop where ever you can trip". Despite all the hold up (car breakdown, pop-outs) and the few km's we did eventually drive, I did learn a lot.
It was a one of a kind trip! Silvester took us on an amazing trip and challenged us a lot.

Thanks Silvester, Roberto and all other convoy members for the great experience! Looking forward to the next trip!
@Fida, bad luck my friend. Hope you reached home safely without your front breaks :-)

I will try to upload some pics asap.

Ronald
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

I somehow had awesome trip.

All Start from going to camp. I flew couple of times and damaged my bumper a bit, it felt awesome flying.
at camp met Awesome friends. had talks made fire. ate. and managed not to burn my self :( and got to pretend I'm sleeping and hear everyones secrets.

Intermediate joined us. and brought great joy, and food :038: and the same way they came at most one hour same way they disappeared (pooof)

very very bad job by recycling and taking care of environment this time, specially by intermediate. sorry for being bold. in the morning trash was all over, and some didn't listen when they were told not to use recycling bag for trash. yoghybear managed to get new plastic bag in the morning and clean up the miss. THANKS :051:

everyone managed to be early so that went well. and no one got pop out while deflating :023: and we managed to go few metered with out trouble.

then Fida spot came. and some were wounding if he would get stuck in same spot, but he didn't. another car did. which yoghybear managed to get him out. and we crossed on the other side of the dune and guess what we sow. Fida stuck :010:
according to him and me exaggerating it now: a car was coming towards him like wanting death challange, so he manages to go in a spot that he can not come for it is hard to get out and reach :008:

yoghybear managed to get him out. but it took two times to get him out for being in wrong spot. but one thing marshals didn't see. the first time they got him out, he pressed hard, but the car got stuck while coming out. this is from my observation, but for sake of time saving didn't want to say anything then. and second time the rope gets stuck in his tier and he broke his break flowed. and at that point worst thing happen bennaccio camera broke so we lost a camera man. Marshals managed to help Fida to safety, and magicly they made it back to us safe.

oh I forgot. Mabrook Fida for body kit. I liked it.

we had few stuck with I lost track of which one was when. and how. yoghybear managed to get them out.

then it came to challenging spot where we had to cross the dune and had no idea where to go next. a member had challenging time to make it. but mostly because he couldn't figure out how. if I'm not wrong he had two pop outs. it was nice to watch the whole thing, like a movie from my sport, all I missed was pop corn, because couple of them it looked like roll over.

eventually we all managed, and mostly made it right direction somehow if I'm not wrong. but when it came my turn, I crossed the dune and managed to find new way, for longer reasons I took new root :030: and looked like I fell in a ditch. it was awesome fall but managed to get out of it. also it was awesome :028:

then we came to another challenging place, where all I think they did well. but suddenly before my turn comes the guy in front of me had air out, and had to change his tier. and I had all my hope to look at him for directions. and I get called to pass him and go. Suddenly I see few roots and called for help, and no one did. so I thought I went the right direction, but apparently I went completely wrong :022: and aging I found new way :029:

then more stuck, and then more stuck and then more stuck. it might have been 5 stuck max, but it happen more often and long times that we lost track and felt like 50 stuck.

Thanks to two camera men from intermediate, they added more fun to our trip.

Geni broke her bumper, and don't think anyone noticed.

oh I forgot. warning to all FJ drivers specially the ones built in on 2009. your car has two secret speakers in your roof hidden. and they made sure they put a deadly trap if you try to find it out. I almost died if I didn't have the right care :013:

Over all:
Thanks to all Marshals for help support and patinas.
Thanks to all drivers for keeping cool, fun and exiting.
Thanks to all Stuckers for giving us opportunity to get ideas
Thanks to all for coming :D

P.S. After event I managed to go to Fujairah thanks to awesome friend. and I got to see by accident Sheekh of Fujairah. I wanted to say hello to him but I don't think he was ready for me. I was in shorts and sand all over and limping from small injury, and smelling like a dead cow. I wouldn't say hello to me at that moment.

finally after 36 years I see one of the leaders of UAE :D
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

I'm sure no one reads the last post :P:P:036::005::059: