Mini Me Challenge

Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

:056: OMG!!! Beep Beep Beep!!!:010: What a crazy trip this was….

If im gonna write about the entire trip then it would be wayyyyyyy too long and will turn into a novel…

So this time I’ll try to make it SHORT! It was yet again a great day thanks to Almosters ….

This was the max I went so far… The highest dunes, sliding, drifting, cresting, soft sand, big bowls, tricky dunes, super-fast track, no mercy, no waiting, takeover and run for your life, 15+ cars in 1 bowl at a time, cars facing each other while driving…. was all that was happening in this trip!

There were many times during the drive that I was talking to myself and saying…WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING WHEN I PUT MY NAME IN FOR THIS CHALLENGE???:035:

I must say SHAMSI was not there in the trip…… he went home to sleep after the morning NEWBIE drive and in exchange he sent his EVIL TWIN :014: who has no mercy at all!!! But at the same time he made it fun and challenging too!

YES I did get stuck, YES they had to tow me, NO they dint leave me alone there!

Naser & Silvester were great help all the time in guiding me whenever I needed it.

Bashar, Diver, Delta, Falasi, Rashid all were of great help too and not to forget the great DL for cursing me all through the drive……..

OK OK I remember I said I will make this SHORT!

Thank you once again ALMOSTERS for a great day!

A big thanks to :014:Shamsi’s EVIL TWIN, :028:The legendary Silvester and :003:Guardian Angel Naser!

See u all in sand soon….:038:
Bu Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was waiting all week for this trip, as i do miss Bu Salem and Mr. Capri,
Till last night all was good, I had installed the new Trailer Hitch, and the new Night Lights, till I had a big leak in the radiator and i had to find a garage that it's open on Thursday at 8.30 P.M, luckily i did but he didn't finish the job till Friday morning,
Long story short, I was ready to hit the sands at 2 P.M, after the briefing we headed to the Golden Dunes, fast and fun drive all the way then we stopped and Bu Hamdan noticed that i had a water leakage, so i had to withdraw from the drive :016:
a few minutes drive towards the tarmac i noticed that it wasn't a leakage and the car was fine, so i called Bu Salem to tell him that I'll be following the convoy again (it was my favorite 15 minutes of today).
After all this drama I was happy to be back and lost concentration for a minute, so i knew that it will happen A POP OUT back tire, Delta and DL were there to help and we fixed the tire in no time and we're back on track.
It was a great drive, the Golden Dunes, Iftar Bowl and the Super Bowl each has a style of it's own, but what really made my day was me being able to climb the Iftar Bowl, what a feeling HOOORAY :048:.
Finally I want to say thank you everyone Bu Salem, Capri, Naser, Diver, DL, Delta, Miss D, Strawb, and each and everyone of our group for an awesome afternoon.
See you on sands soon
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a great drive.. I was watching all the drivers from behind driving very well challenging the Mini Me :011: and trying to catch him.. It was nice weekend with almost4x4.. Thank you Bu Salim for the great rout and all the drivers for the nice company. See you next trip.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Every drive when you hear from so many mouths is fantastic and great, everyone who was there on this drive just say a single word "AMAZING".:))

May be it was a surprise for alot of drivers but for me it is the style when Bu Salem leads, and the drivers who drove with him in past know it very well. Just a precaution to the drivers who are driving in a convey where Bu Salem leads, you guys need some pills for the passengers sitting in your cars because mostly they will vomit hehehe.
By the way Bu Salem is keep some stock of these tablets always with him so if anyone need it, just shout on the radio "" BU SALEM MY PASSENGER IS VOMITING AND HE WILL BE AT YOUR SERVICE"

BY THE WAY "MINI ME" IS MORE EVIL AND MEAN THAN THE "TRANSFORMER" HEHEHE, AND WHEN THE MARSHAL SIT AND DRIVE THIS EVIL RIDE HE IS TRANSFORMED FROM CARING AND DECENT BU SALEM TO THE DARK MARSHAL :))-
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

BY THE WAY "MINI ME" IS MORE EVIL AND MEAN THAN THE "TRANSFORMER" HEHEHE, AND WHEN THE MARSHAL SIT AND DRIVE THIS EVIL RIDE HE IS TRANSFORMED FROM CARING AND DECENT BU SALEM TO THE DARK MARSHAL :))

I sooooo agree with you DC... I saw the most darkest side of him last friday...im still in SHOCK! :036:
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

Good Day All..:047:

I donno how to say it, but I have to.:013:

little of fear :002:was there in my blood before starting the drive.
That was because of my elder brother CAPRI.... yes bro.., you were the reason behind my fears. You've mentioned in the chat box that you'll be CLOSE to me to have the chance for taking pictures whenever i get stock.

BUT.....
fortunately, THE LUCK was with me for one more time & didn't let you get what you want. :015:

Personally, I would say it was ONE OF A KIND drive since i joined ALMOST4x4 family.

Thank you Great Founder Bu Salem for bringing your "MINI ME" to this drive & adding a new off-roading taste.

really enjoyed being behind your LONG vehicle.

Ohhhh, forgot to say thank you for the ice-cream Bu Salem. Thanks, It came @ the right time.

Thank you Rashid for the help you provided in inflating tyres..cus my compressor has decided to take rest after that drive.

Sometimes later we(Diver, Bashar, Al Falasi, Mazaaj, Delta, DL and myself) had a KARAK & chit chat session about the trip as well as some private:033:issues up to Al Isha Prayer then went back to sweat home.

The day was great & the time spent with the 2nd family was wonderful.:008:

Thank you almosters.. without your participation, it will never reach this level of excitement.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The mini me challenge was definitely something which lived up to the word “challenge” in every sense of the word!

As the briefing was discussed and agreed, everyone was cautious on who was going to follow who, everyone was eager as well as nervous on how this drive was going to go.

Yes we all knew it was a circa 90’s fully stock manual 2door 1.6L vitara, how can things go wrong when you follow this car in the big dunes of Bedayur.

We did follow, we did survive, however, where “mini me” took us was something else. I couldn’t imagine such a small machine could be that capable in very high dunes and very soft sand, there were times when I was following the convoy while looking at a big dune in front of the convoy and I was saying to myself “Nah, he’s not going to go up that!”

well ….. mini me went up ….. mini me went fast ….. mini me gave the big cylinder cars problems!

It seemed that the vitara was literally running on tarmac …..more so like it was floating up and down the dunes, cresting from left to right and vice versa!

It was definitely an extreme day of off-road driving!

We all had good fun, most of us had ice cream ….. DL got a nice gift from winning the raffle ….. and the marshals were nice enough not to leave the guys who got pop outs and stucks!

As always the Almost 4x4 convoys never seem to disappoint your expectations!

Keep the sand flying and I’ll see you guys this Friday!
fida
Advance
Advance

Guys... It seems you had a lot of fun. Cant wait to join big guys league soon. Working hard on it and hopefully that day is not so far.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Since I had the opportunity to drive behind MiniMe in the past, I had a fairly good idea what to expect. However, combine MiniMe with Capri's camera and the set of devilish rules for the drive and things got more complicated.

Almost founders and marshals have had a long experience in making people suffer in the sand. From the time they post a trip to the end of that trip they keep you guessing at what will happen next.

This trip was no exception, they put a time limit for getting out of stucks, otherwise they'd leave you stranded, and forbode anyone from overtaking a stuck vehicle without permission and .. and .. and.. needless to say it got all of us thinking and scheming how we can find loopholes around.. but that was only special effects.

When we took off things were promising, but pressure was still on mind, until we had the first obstacle. it was not a stuck, just a difficult pass, but they did not leave anyone behind, and that made it even more puzzling, however, it was a relief.

Lets start with the numbers: a total of 16 cars, including BuSalem as Disappearing Marshal, Caprihorse as Residnet Paparazzi and Naser on Sweep and Control. The trip started at 3:30pm from Al Badayer heading onto the Golden Dunes and beyond. The temperature when we started was VERY HOT, but cooled down considerably during the drive and was not unpleasant.

The almosters in this drive (in order of registration)
were :
1. Miss D, Pink FJ
2. Pwood, Silver JK
3. Alfalasi, patrol
4. Rashidjass, Silver Xterra
5. samr1, Black TJ
6. DIVER, BLUE FJ
7. Delta, SWB Patrol white
8. bashar,blue XJ
9. Desert Lizard, black xj
10.Bu-Hamdan, black matt TJ
11. Mazaaj, Black wrangler
12. Strawb, cherokee xj
13. Hassan, wrangler

Moving on at speed was the order of the day. The track was an interesing mix of technical dunes and highdunes with side crests and a mix of all what we learnt so far. We've had a couple of pop-outs and couple of stucks along the way, but those were dealt with fairly quickly and we ended up with a fun filled action packed drive. We even had the chance to challenge super-bowl without reservation.

Another differentiating aspect of this trip is that the buddy system was not used, or was not permitted. Which meant the positions in the convoy were changing as our flow changed. Being a lazy lizard, I preferred staying at the end of the convoy. Which meant I only saw Minime when we made a break stop..

At the end of the day, Almost4x4 delivered what they promised: FUN. It was a fun filled challenge that would keep anyone coming for more. Every one was treated to Ice Cream by BuSalem, and we had a raffle for the grand prize.. which I won because Rashid Jass, whose name came first could not accept the prize he contributed.. lucky me, and thank you Rashid

Hats of to the trio Busalem, Capri and Naser for a well planned and executed fun filled day, thanks. My fellow drivers, you are the best! sand and all..
delta83
Advance
Advance

it was a great weekend... specially the mini me.. has so many hidden potential hehehe... it was a real fun drive with Bu salem and Capri and Naser and all memebers who joined..
thanks to all ...
i guess now we need the transformer challenge hehehe ...