Sands of Time.

bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

We all met at Nazwa Shops at 7 onwards. This trip was for Club members and Newbies restricted to 20 drivers.This drive had fastest response and thread was closed on the same day. I had requested Yoghy to accomodate me. he did accomodate .Thanks for that .We had a club member who was at meeting point. He was accomodated in the drive by our lion hearted Shamsi and Capri.Thanks for that too. Convoy was divided into two. One lead by lamboo , Sweeped by se7 and other convoy lead by khatib, Sweeped by Abu jimmy. I was in lamboos Convoy. We were moving swiftly and it was much of a pleasure to drive with lamboo. Reached iftar bowl had a brief halt there. Due to demand by drivers that instead of waiting we should drive.Shamsi agreed and we moved on . Now the drive was leaded by our one of dearest MARSHAL CAPRI. Exciting start and awesome drive again. Only some minor delays due to technical problems with se7 car. anyways lamboo and se7 sorted out and were back on track. We were now sweeped by alfalasi. I had an opportunity to drive behind NEHA. Trust me guys it was an good learning experience to drive as there was lot to learn from her. Reached badayer at 11.

It was an wonderful trip. Thanks Shamsi , Capri, Se7, Lamboo ,Alfalasi ,Khatib,Abu Jimmy and all Team members of almost.
YOGHY missed you and hope for speedy recovery of DODGE...
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Cant't match the exhaustive and detailed trip reports of Miss D and Bob... nevertheless, gotta say was the most fast paced drive for me until date.

Completely agree with Bombays, Amazing trip....the first leg was very fast and we reached IFTAR Bowl pretty quickly....where we halted for a while and se7 gave us a display of his skills.

Thanks se7 for giving us a detailed explanation of the happenings of the night drive and got to know what happened with Yoghy, All the best buddy...Hope she recovers soon!!!! and thanks for organizing this trip.....we did miss you, but our amazing team did not let us feel any bit of the unplanned event!!!

After which we started for the second leg of the trip.....was driving in a convoy with capri in the lead for the first time. I knew it would be very exciting!!! but this was more!!! Thanks Capri!!

se7, I am sure it is only PASSION that made you take the drive into the desert in the first place as you mentioned it in the first morning briefing that your rig is not at its best......But then i am sure you will bring her up and running soon!!!

Special mention to Alfalsi, Thanks buddy!!

Lamboo, thanks for the trip.....

Shamsi, you are my GURU!!! thank you GURU JI!!! Thank you for the Safe and comfortable FLIGHT!!!

Thanks Capri, For so many things. Cant put it in one list.....

Last but not the least, ALMOST 4X4, The Founders and the organizers!!!
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

it seems that you all have had good time and a nice trip,and I am really happy about that, I regret only not being able to come.
Almost4x4 is a great family, miss you all, hope to get back very soon
Neha

I was eagerly waiting for my next drive "Sands Of Time"....after my amazing experience with "Desert Wild" drive. There were butterflies in my stomach n I was quite nervous before the drive like I get nervous before the exams. When I met Shamsi ...got my courage back as Miss D says he is "PAPA DUCK" I really felt so...protected. We all met at our usual point n after deflation we all were ready to start. We were divided n each convoy had about 10 cars. Some how I had a feeling that it would be more challenging than the last drive...n Yes it was... it was more of technical drive where I could learn more about controlling the car in sharp turns.

The Convoy was led by Lamboo n I was behind CAMEL. As Silvester instructed us that ...most of the time we have to drive the Pajero in HLc n switch between the gears. This helped me to understand to switch the gears during my drive in sand. The moment I entered the sand I was nervous n I shifted it to LLc...maximum power...a scare that I will get stuck :013:. I was immediately stopped by Silvester n he explained that you would be instructed to change it into LLc when you would be in trouble. I just loved the fact that by just looking at my car ...he came to know that I had switched the gear..I salute his skill:045:.

After driving for about an hour in the desert Shamsi offered to be my passenger considering my comfort level n it was my privilege. There were few but very important tips given by him.

1. When you are sliding from either sides of dune don’t fight against the gravity let your car slide, raise the accelerator and turn your stirring towards the direction of slide and take the position where the nose of your car is pointing downwards.
2. Never stop your car in climbing position.
3. When you are climbing a sharp dune don’t raise from the beginning reach a position when your front wheels are half the way then floor the accelerator where you feel a slight jerk and this will help to cross the dunes comfortably.
4. When you are stuck badly in the sand switch off your car’s AC..this helps in gaining some more power.
5. Hold the stirring from both the hands. Never cross your wrists while driving.

A special mention about the experience shared by Se7 when they went for night driving.

Special Thanks to Lamboo and Se7.

Thank you SHAMSI for your advice.

Thank you SILVESTER …

Neha
050-5197548
samjed46

All I can say is " wonderful, excellent & enjoyed every moment of the drive" under the supervision and guidance of our leaders & marshall of Almost4x4 where u feel safe & comfortable like a baby in the cradle.
Thanks to all Almost4x4 family for organising such fun filled,learing and sharing trips. look forward to join the next trip. Take care be safe, have a wounderful day out in desert!
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Neha;11228]I was eagerly waiting for my next drive "Sands Of Time"....after my amazing experience with "Desert Wild" drive. There were butterflies in my stomach n I was quite nervous before the drive like I get nervous before the exams. When I met Shamsi ...got my courage back as Miss D says he is "PAPA DUCK" I really felt so...protected. We all met at our usual point n after deflation we all were ready to start. We were divided n each convoy had about 10 cars. Some how I had a feeling that it would be more challenging than the last drive...n Yes it was... it was more of technical drive where I could learn more about controlling the car in sharp turns.

The Convoy was led by Lamboo n I was behind CAMEL. As Silvester instructed us that ...most of the time we have to drive the Pajero in HLc n switch between the gears. This helped me to understand to switch the gears during my drive in sand. The moment I entered the sand I was nervous n I shifted it to LLc...maximum power...a scare that I will get stuck :013:. I was immediately stopped by Silvester n he explained that you would be instructed to change it into LLc when you would be in trouble. I just loved the fact that by just looking at my car ...he came to know that I had switched the gear..I salute his skill:045:.

After driving for about an hour in the desert Shamsi offered to be my passenger considering my comfort level n it was my privilege. There were few but very important tips given by him.

1. When you are sliding from either sides of dune don’t fight against the gravity let your car slide, raise the accelerator and turn your stirring towards the direction of slide and take the position where the nose of your car is pointing downwards.
3. When you are climbing a sharp dune don’t raise from the beginning reach a position when your front wheels are half the way then floor the accelerator where you feel a slight jerk and this will help to cross the dunes comfortably.
4. When you are stuck badly in the sand switch off your car’s AC..this helps in gaining some more power.
5. Hold the stirring from both the hands. Never cross your wrists while driving.

A special mention about the experience shared by Se7 when they went for night driving.

Thank you SILVESTER …

Neha
050-5197548[/quote]

:021: Girl...im so proud of you! and yes PAPA DUCK will always be around when needed and all his tips are sooooo useful while learning off-roading.... i c my old self in you now .... i started from scratch with Almost4x4 last December ... its been 5months now ...and still i keep learning new things from Shamsi and Silvester! 2 Super Talented 'S' ...

C U Soon :038:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Neha;11228]I was eagerly waiting for my next drive "Sands Of Time"....after my amazing experience with "Desert Wild" drive. There were butterflies in my stomach n I was quite nervous before the drive like I get nervous before the exams. When I met Shamsi ...got my courage back as Miss D says he is "PAPA DUCK" I really felt so...protected. We all met at our usual point n after deflation we all were ready to start. We were divided n each convoy had about 10 cars. Some how I had a feeling that it would be more challenging than the last drive...n Yes it was... it was more of technical drive where I could learn more about controlling the car in sharp turns.

Thank you SILVESTER …

Neha
050-5197548[/quote]

NOW....Now.....looks like she is really hurt............not gonna let go.............shez really hurt that i cheated on her for the PATROL, shez found a new mate to make me JEALOUS!!!!

But she doesn't now, first loves die hard......All the best BABE with Neha!!!