Desert Wild

bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear all,

This is gonna be my first Trip Report and its high time that I do one. So, here it goes this way:

The trip started with Greetings :047: to/from the members who were present at the meeting point while I reached at 3:20pm. The whole fun went upto 8:30pm in the evening, was still not enough and didn’t want to leave the sweet people out there.

Firstly, at the meeting point, members were split into 3 convoys as Club members, Newbies and Intermediates respectively. We newbies being 7 cars + 2 marshals proceeded towards the deflation point. At the deflation point we were delayed by 15 mins as the Marshals had to rescue a Non-Club member who was kinda stuck and had to deflate the tires. This was really kind of our Marshals, after which, we straight away took off our toys into the desert, swinging away the dunes off like no one could stop us…for about an hour. Then we stop at Pink Rock for a smoke break, where the Intermediate driver cum Crew-Geni comes up to us to share Pizzas and garlic breads. It was really nice of her..Thanks Geni…from there on, we again start driving-away the dunes in opposite direction heading towards the starting point. The whole experience was far-fetched. Once we reached the starting point, we turned back and entered the desert for second round of drive.

The second round started off happily but after a kilometer or so…Two of our members cars were kinda stuck…but not really..however, had to pull it off to continue further. So, Shamsi comes to rescue a member and was successful after a lil hick ups out there…mean while, from no where, a non-club member shows up with his Prado and he gets stuck too in the bowl.. by claiming he wanted to help our 2nd member who was stuck. Now, since he was claiming this way and was with his family.. the Big hearted and sweet Father Mr. Shamsi proceeds to rescue them first, but happened to park it in 30 degree angle :011:where the front part of the Prado was at the edge of dune facing upward direction peeping at the desert:038:. Then, Abu Jimmy joins with his Goldy to pull the prado off but somehow was not happening. Then, tried out with Armin’s Silverado and were still unsuccessful. So, leaving the prado there for a while Shamsi proceeds to rescue our 2nd member and now, guess what,,,,,,he happened to park this car in 45degree angle:011: where, just the nose of the car is at the edge of dune facing upward direction looking at the blue sky and counting stars:054:.

Further, Shamsi goes back to rescue prado which took some time to sort it. However, this was one of knowledgable experience to all of us as Newbies. Anyways, meanwhile our dude Arminjune proceeds to pull our 2nd member’s car and stop that car from counting stars. He was successful in doing it and did an amazing job out there with his powerhorse. It was worth-a-watch scene..... now coming back to Mr. Shamsi, he thought it might take some more time in rescuing the prado and realizing the fact that we have no enough time to proceed further with the drive, he tells Abu Jimmy to take us to the dropoff zone/starting point and all of a sudden tells me “BOB..YOU WILL SWEEP”…. For a moment, I was all boggled and thought may be he said it by mistake but he actually meant it. This opportunity was for quite a small distance only, however, realizing the fact that this is just my 4th drive and being given a oppurtunity is a good sign:045:. So, I walk up to my Jeep with happiness and confidence but still w/o believing the instance completely,,,while..Abu Jimmy walks up to me and says, Bob- we have 7 cars in the convoy..so.take care and then I was like…..WOW…adding a feather to my cap I walked up to my car and all pepped up to do the given job.. but my unfortunate was that, Shamsi just amazingly rescued the prado which supposedly he guessed it would take more time. Then, he says on radio that,all of us are good to go now…lets move. So, I missed my given oppurtunity:012:.

Finally, we head to the drop off zone. Upon reaching this spot, Shamsi invites us to the Chit chat campaign:031:…which was supposedly the BBQ place as decided before.. So, we all proceed to meet our older drivers at the chit chat zone which was just opposite the Big Red dune.

Everyone is chatting and some of them sharing few experiences and some of them selling Tire Valve stems in the desert:011:…went uptill 8:30, after which, some of us left and some of them were still there talking. On the whole, this was a great experience and looking forward for much more.

Thank you all the Marshals, Organizers and founders. Truly Happy to be with the club and all of you.

Finally, would like to share a few words to the person who is always kind and calm, treats every almoster with soo much of respect and making us all understand / realize that…..first as an Human Being and then as an Offroader-by teaching effective offroading skills.….Its none other than Mr. Shamsi…not the chinese one..please stay away…lolz:027:.

Mr. Shamsi….you are one of a kind person that I have met and you are a truly respectable Individual. Your Down-to-earth quality, respect towards the Human Nature, Level of Patience is just tooo goood…You are a good Human being and God bless you.

Last but not Least, yes, I shouldn’t forget to thank Miss D for making me join such a wonderful club where words are just not enough to talk about and this is after all just in 4 drives of mine with almost4x4.

Thank you D.

p.s. - Also, heard about the mtalel’s Incident. We felt really sorry for you but were very Happy that you are safe. Take care & Drive safe dude.

Note
: the words above might not say it all. And so, no disrespect towards any Individual. Please notify me, if my heart has spilt out any words or sentence in a wrong way ;)

samjed46

As Bob mentioned in the eariler one, we were split up in 3 convoys, I was with our great Marshal Caprihorse and the convoy was led by Naser as most of them were all club members and the drive as an easy one. Although very easy one had witnessed one rollover which was very unfortunate but was dealt with concern by our great marshals and leaders and the convoy went on with few stucks and reached the end point at the big dune. the drive was a small one with 13 vehicles including the lead,marshall & sweep. It is always pleasure to drive with AlShamsi, Caprihorse and other leading member of Almost4x4. As been drive with Almost4x4 under the supervision of our experinced marshall for past 3 months during this drive i gained all the confindence driving in desert. Once again thanks to Almost4x4 for organising such drives where we ppl learn and enhance the skills to drive in desert and enjoy the fun with almost4x4 family.
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

:001: OMG!!! I got competition ......BOB!!! Amazing trip reporter!!! [IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif[/IMG] And it was my pleasure too that i got you to join this amazing one-of-a-kind off-road club! Hope now u can pass it on and get more members on board too!

Back to trip report...

Once again ... a great weekend thanks to Almosters!

Well my story had a lil' twist in it...i was all set and excited for this weekend as its 2 weekends i dint drive...i was all set and happy and then guess what...while leaving from work on Thursday…my FJ decides not to start up! [IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image005.gif[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image006.gif[/IMG] i felt all of these smileys at that very moment!

Went all sad and upset back home leaving my FJ .... i called my MASTER SHAMSI ...while discussing abt my FJ's current state and trying to figure out what could be the problem and i tried to make my best 'puss-in-boots' face and voice....[IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image007.gif[/IMG] and volla! I bagged myself the passenger seat! but....one more twist in the story...this time around it was not the 'great mighty transformer' but the 'silent but deadly mini me'!!! i was warned well in advance that there will be no AC throughout the trip and i was like .... hhhmmmm [IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image008.gif[/IMG] .... but then my love for the desert kicked in and i said to myself ...to hell with the heat and the AC...im not gonna miss this trip at any cost so i hopped in!

And boy that lil' mini me...is a great car! i did initially get fooled by the size and small engine, etc ... but we had a great trip all thanks to him! our track was super awesome, safari style as Shamsi says it, it was swinging from side to side,,, i could actually see all the drivers behind with big smiles on their faces [IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAMAYA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image009.gif[/IMG] as they all seem to be enjoying the new style.

Our convoy was going super smooth thanks to Shamsi's leading and Abu Jimmy's sweeping!

Part one of the trip got over we had a break and started part 2 for more fun and excitement but due to few stucks it got interrupted and then out of nowhere a PRADO comes into the same bowl where bombays and walihali were stuck and then Shamsi was in the bowl recovery all 3! FJ, Pajero and Prado! SHAMSI indeed saved the world….oops saved the day!
It was beautiful to watch sunset while all of this was happening...

All recoveries done! We all hit the roads back to Badayer to freshen up and fill up on drinks! few mins of chit chatting and enjoying ice-cream (thanx to Bombays as it was his birthday treat to us) most of us hit the sand back to catch up with the other club-members and intermediate members for further chit chatting.
It was fun sitting and listening to peoples story, experiences, feedback, etc… Beautiful day came to an end and once again back on road towards HOME SWEET HOME

Thank you once again to Shamsi for letting me not miss sand ,,, :021:

Thanks to Abu Jimmy :028: and all the members, weekends are fun all thanks to all of you!

Inshallah my FJ should be ready before coming weekend,,, c u all in sand soon!

Adios Amigos! :038:
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

OMG!!! I got competition ......BOB!!! Amazing trip reporter!!!

Bob it was my pleasure too that i got you to join this amazing one-of-a-kind off-road club! Hope now u can pass it on and get more members on board too!

Back to trip report...

Once again ... a great weekend thanks to Almosters!

Well my story had a lil' twist in it...i was all set and excited for this weekend as its 2 weekends i dint drive...i was all set and happy and then guess what...while leaving from work on Thursday…my FJ decides not to start up! :032: :035: :012: i felt all of these smileys at that very moment!

Went all sad and upset back home leaving my FJ .... i called my MASTER SHAMSI ...while discussing abt my FJ's current state and trying to figure out what could be the problem and i tried to make my best 'puss-in-boots' face and voice....:023: and volla! I bagged myself the passenger seat! but....one more twist in the story...this time around it was not the 'great mighty transformer' but the 'silent but deadly mini me'!!! i was warned well in advance that there will be no AC throughout the trip and i was like .... hhhmmmm :013: .... but then my love for the desert kicked in and i said to myself ...to hell with the heat and the AC...im not gonna miss this trip at any cost so i hopped in!

And boy that lil' mini me...is a great car! i did initially get fooled by the size and small engine, etc ... but we had a great trip all thanks to him! our track was super awesome, safari style as Shamsi says it, it was swinging from side to side,,, i could actually see all the drivers behind with big smiles on their faces :027:as they all seem to be enjoying the new style.

Our convoy was going super smooth thanks to Shamsi's leading :008: and Abu Jimmy's sweeping! :028:

Part one of the trip got over we had a break and started part 2 for more fun and excitement but due to few stucks it got interrupted and then out of nowhere a PRADO comes into the same bowl where bombays and walihali were stuck and then Shamsi was in the bowl recovery all 3! FJ, Pajero and Prado! SHAMSI indeed saved the world….oops saved the day!

It was beautiful to watch sunset while all of this was happening...

All recoveries done! We all hit the roads back to Badayer to freshen up and fill up on drinks! few mins of chit chatting and enjoying ice-cream (thanx to Bombays as it was his birthday treat to us) most of us hit the sand back to catch up with the other club-members and intermediate members for further chit chatting.
It was fun sitting and listening to peoples story, experiences, feedback, etc… Beautiful day came to an end and once again back on road towards HOME SWEET HOME

Thank you once again to Shamsi for letting me not miss sand :021:
Thanks to Abu Jimmy and all the members, weekends are fun all thanks to all of you!

Inshallah my FJ should be ready before coming weekend,,, c u all in sand soon!

Adios Amigos! :038:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Warning - This is a thread hijack
[quote=Miss D;10944]while leaving from work on Thursday…my FJ decides not to start up! :032: :035: :012: i felt all of these smileys at that very moment! [/quote]

Enough said... :005:
mtalel

wow a weekend first rollover and hope the last one
we start a easy drive and i rollover because i didn't follow the gravity
Thanks to all of you came for help
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was nice relaxing drive with good drivers. Sorry to what happened to our friend Mtalel and thank God you and your friends are not injured. Hope to see you all soon in the next trip.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had our Newbie Explorers, who did they great job, first time leading Club Members convoy, Yoghybear and Naser and they did a great job, thank you.

We had very good batch of new Club Members, where we hope that they will come frequently to our trips to expand their experience and contribute to the value of our club.
Thank you to be with us Roby, Bennaccio, alkabooooooooooooooos, Refad, hailun and Neha.

Especially I would like to mention Neha, because she did a great self recovery job about 5-6 times :045:.
  1. It was visible that she was first time driving off-road by herself
  2. She got stuck naturally by surprise and by the inexperience
  3. She didn't panic at getting stuck
  4. She listened to Marshal's instructions
  5. She followed Marshal's instructions
  6. She learned quickly how to use different gear and diff settings in which situation
  7. She got unstuck by herself
  8. We didn't need to take out our rope to pull her out
  9. She was driving PAJERO !!!!!
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Awesome Drive
Awesome Crew
Awesome Drivers and Friends
Awesome healthy fire
Just missed Karak :P
FSL