Catch me if u can

fida
Advance
Advance

Hello Guys..., let me start with my Pop out and getting nervous afterwards for almost 30 minuets... took a wrong turn or yet to figure out why this happend???? must me someone else's mistake...:015:... Silvester let me do all the excercise to fix the jack, and all other technical things to fix the pop out.. was a great thing to learn but.... then heck of a hard job.. but then I was not the only one.. there were 3 pop outs.. (not to mention the names)
The camping was lovely... For me it was 2nd time driving in night and enjoyed every bit of it.. Selected spot for camping was amazing with beautiful weather, clear sky and great friends around. We were all set in with camp fire, Sheesha and snacks and were dozing off around 12.30 when suddenly we were joined by Hyper Intermediates comming back from their night drive.. it was like a carnival where every one wants to tell some stories.. What a great sight and party like atmosphere..

The drive, as promised by Silvester was tricky, but great learning experience..... It started around 7.20am with hard core 4 hours torcher from Capri.. I was given a second lead by marshal and felt great to drive behind such a Smooth Operater...
The tracks were beautiful and well selected by team Almost.

In the End, i would like to thanks Al Shamsi and Silvester, for organzing the drive and my special thanks to Roberto to stand by me when i was feeling lost and nervous.. Thank you Roberto and Thank you Silvester and all Almost family.. LOVE YOU ALL
Gorgin4325

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I missed the night drive due to some personal commitments. However, the morning drive made up for last night's loss!

I left my apartment at exactly 5:50 a.m., got to the Dragon Mart petrol station at 6:05 only to have an idiot run into my car with his pickup truck! Luckily there was no noticeable damage to my car... I left at 6:10 and could not drive faster than 70 km/hr due to the low visibility caused by heavy fog. Luckily I reached the meeting point at 7 sharp. The drive was basically a flashback to Oct 14, 2011 where we drove the same track, my second drive with Almost4x4... It was amazing to see how Almost4x4 has helped me improve since then. The Fossil Rock drop was a piece of cake today! But I still remember the first time I tried it in Oct last year, I held my breath the whole time and started praying to God, Jesus, Lionel Messi, Moses, Noah, Angelina Jolie, and every other name that came to my mind!

The drive was smooth and enjoyable. The sand was soft and required very sensitive steering and power distribution. I got stuck once, and thanks to Roberto and his monster, I was out in no time. :045: Our own paparazzi, Mr. Silvester himself, was there to record my every attempt at getting unstuck!

At the end of the drive we reached Al Faya (spelling???) I asked for permission to challenge the dune, and thanks to our great leading marshal, I was allowed to try it out... Once again the FJ made me proud today! :011: After challenging the dune twice, it was time to head out to the main road and call it a day...

It was really nice hanging out with all of you today, and very special thanks to Silvester and Roberto for looking after us, making sure that not only we are safe, but we have a great time as well.

I am proud to have an Almost4x4 flag, hung from the highest point of my car!

See you all next week.

Cheers,
G
alfalasi
Advance
Advance

I held my breath the whole time and started praying to God, Jesus, Lionel Messi, Moses, Noah, Angelina Jolie, and every other name that came to my mind! :045::011:
gorgin u make me search 4 all your posts :045:
Riazj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Had an excellent drive with a good group. Thanks to Almost 4X4 and special thanks to Sylvester and Roberto…. Had one pop-out which was a great learning for me, not to mention the hard work :060:

Also, Pajero did well..... for now there is still no need to change the car.... it is still more advanced than the driver:011:
Gorgin4325

[quote=Riazj;10528] Also, Pajero did well..... for now there is still no need to change the car.... it is still more advanced than the driver:011:[/quote]

Yes it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying Pajero :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]660[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Riazj;10528]Had an excellent drive with a good group. Thanks to Almost 4X4 and special thanks to Sylvester and Roberto…. Had one pop-out which was a great learning for me, not to mention the hard work :060:

Also, Pajero did well..... for now there is still no need to change the car.... it is still more advanced than the driver:011:[/quote]
Shovel is the right tool, right?
Zorro
Advance
Advance

My trip report...

[video=youtube;iEddPvZoynY][/video]
Riazj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Yes it is..... Although, it works better when you have someone shoveling for u :027:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Riazj;10543]Yes it is..... Although, it works better when you have someone shoveling for u :027:[/quote]
... or not to get pop-out next time... :012: