Long and Winding Desert

CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank You ALMOST4x4....I guess I have been really lucky to find such a Professional Club!! Genuinely THE BEST!!

Our second drive, got held up. Were late to arrive and thanks to the professionalism of the club, was able to join the gang with directions over the radio.

As soon as we reached the deflating point, saw that everyone was ready to leave. Deflated quickly with the able guidance of Bu Salem and were ready for my very first night drive!!

Followed the marshals instructions and before we realized we were on top of one of the highest points where we were gonna camp. Only after we reached the point, Bu Salem told me how steep I had climbed...

Silvester was soon to extend his able guidance in setting up our tent and we were done in a flash...Thanks!!

We all settled down and started chatting...Lovely to find so many people with one passion...Off Roading! Never realized and it was 3AM. Went to sleep, Not before tasting the all so famous ALMOST KARAK!!

In the morning, we were safely guided to the road and on the way saw the PINK ROCK Courtesy ALMOST4x4!! Left the seniors to go on on their exploration trip....

Waiting for next weekend.....
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a day!!!!! This trip has a very SPECIAL place in my heart as this was my 1st drive as an intermediate :028:

As always everything was going on track as planned,,,met thursday nite went off to camp on the Pink Rock,,, AGAIN we all forgot to get woods to we gathered around a fake campfire (tube lights) and had a chit chat session and loads of thanks to BU HAMDAN as he had brought yummy kababs and fatayers for all of us

After food i went off to prepare my bed and this time i did not sleep in my tent as it was a bit hot ....so i decided to inflate my matress and sleep in the open rite under the beautiful sky and twinkling stars..... it was a great feeling to sleep under the sky without feeling scared or worried about anything as i always feel safe and secure when im with ALMOSTERS...so i off i went for my beauty sleep.... :039:

Got up at 6am and guess what i see...... creature foot prints all around my matress..... looked like lizards, even saw sliding prints like of snakes....:029: but i dont remember anyone of them disturbing me at nite and i had no signs of being invaded by them either...guess they came in PEACE :060:

Freshened up, all set to leave camp,,,, i had all blood rushing to my brains early morning as i remembered that...no more NEWBIE drives and its BIG BOYS CLUB NOW :013: .... Yes i MISS D had a bit of pressure as i was kinda intimidated by the seniors.... but i prayed to my angels and off i jumped into my FJ all buckled up to hit the dunes... it was a fast track to hit the road to Tawi Nizwa to meet the rest of the drivers...

Convoys made... all set off to the deflating point and the fun began...we were led by KHATIB .....i must say it was utmost pleasure driving in intermediate style....all i had to do is NOT EVEN BLINK :029: ...Total focus keeping in mind safety 1st...

All went well...luckily i performed well... at least that's what my buddy's were saying... :022: Yes MISS D dint have any stucks and sadly our PAPPARAZI SILVESTER had no luck clicking my stuck pics ..he he he

Awesome drive got over around prayer time...we lounged at the petrol pump...while the others went to pray,,,,had fun chit chating and cracking up some jokes.... all tanks filled up and we hit the road again to next destination...which was a fun work out for all of them except me & Madlene as were the guest of honor and had no work to be done... we all hit to a new track till sunset ( i dont wanna say much as its TOP SECRET TILL NOW) ....while driving close to sunset...MISS D was struggling to go up a dune...reversed and floor it...no luck... again reverse and floor it...again no luck...felt some strange bubblying sound ..got done of the car and i see a totally flat tire!!!

With the help of KHATIB, ABU TARIQ & MAZAAJ...got it on jack and fixed it in no time and went smooth again...

Drive over and the best part was yet to come......we had YUMMY MANDI waiting for us...yipeeeee i was soooo happy to finally see food as i was starving and so were others as we had a very long day...Started in Dubai and ended up in RAK!

We all gathered and had dinner and hit road to go back to HOME SWEET HOME ....

As always another great day thanks to ALMOST 4X4 :045:

Special thanks to Shamsi, Abu Tariq, Silvester, Kahtib, Hamdan, Lamboo, Falcon...seen so many MARSHALS & FOUNDERS all together in a drive after a long time...felt very privileged.

Special thanks to all the members...this trip would have never been fun without you all...love u all alot :043:

( yes i realize that this a very long trip report...but sorry cudnt help it... :011: )
sanbloody

Seems u guys had a lot of fun.......:057:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

This trip was awesome. from the morning to the night, we drove close to 200KM ALMOST entirely off-road and at high speed. Miss D took the concept of off-road literally and at a point in time she achived lift-off, but gravity pulled her back, and I hear Bu Hamdan did a similar space exploration stunt too. Se7ess on the other hand was hovering above the ground with noises coming from all sides of the cherokee..

I tell you almosters are crazy... with three quarters of the trip on 15PSI, and NOT on 4x4, a lost of sand was displaced by rear tires on Friday.. most of it on me thanks to Lamboo, Hamdan, Bashar, Fadi and KHATIB.. (I will get you back some day .. سأجد قريتكم يوما ما
.سوف تندمون )
Intermediates and advanced really took advanatge of the many flat areas, and non-offroading skills mainly drifting were on full display and highway speed chasing were the order of the day. at one point, Bu Salem went on the radio "Intermediates, Calm down" and of course we calmed down (about 6 hours later)

The lat part of the trip was particulalry interesting, as the terrain became more difficult and those bushes really made accelerating in the Cherokee a pain.. but it was alright we went through a very long trip, without a pop-out, and only one stuck all 21 cars.

At the end, in Rak Kingsdom, we were served with Mandi at the side of the road, and silnce was only broken by the noise of cars passing by on the road while we were eating. I have never seen Almosters so exhausted as that day, but we were all happy. That friday was a day to remeber.
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

My seniors explained the trip in very detailed points. So, nothing was left for me to say except my feelings.:023:

This was my first drive behind al Khatib " In Sha ALLAH" it will not be the last.

many types of drive..'Rally, ZigZag, hitting the dunes, sometimes drifting:011:....etc'

In the afternoon drive I liked the TEAMWORK by ALMOST4x4 drivers. I was really impressed... Marshals & all other drivers were cooperative in putting marks by using the Tiger Tape.

One more thing before go........
MANDI of RAK was taaaa:watermelon:aasty.. don't know :032:from the hunger that I was feeling or it really was!:015: Thanks for the person who prepared it. (Akramk ALLAH)

Thank you Founders , Marshals and all ALMOST4x4 Drivers.:038:

Regards,
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

three letters to describe fridays drive .......

W O W

the session was extremely fun as we took on the dunes from sunrise until sunset ...... if you were craving for offroad time ...... the LOOOOONG and winding drive was enough to fulfill your offroading needs for 6 fridays!!!!

a good nights camp at pinkrock to a very early morning dune drive to tawi nizwa then back to pinkrock then to Al Faya then over to somewhere in umm al qwain .... then in RAK ..... thank you marshals for inviting me to tag along with you fine gentlemen (and ladies) for this drive ...

sad part though was I missed the Redbull X-fighter show in JBR which i had already had tickets for as the drive ended a bit later than planned ......

Almost 4x4 offroad club ......... if you want hardcore ........ this is hardcore

see you guys this friday

cheers