Drive hard 3.0

FSL

Oky so i think i had enough rest after the trip and recharged my batteries so it's time to write the trip report.

It all started on Dec 02, 2011 when i went to LIWA for the first time (as a passenger) and that was the time when i had this feeling, rather a dream, to be able to drive in LIWA...
This dream came true on the eve of March 29, 2012...

After having a windy night at the camp site we were briefed about the drive, safety precautions, driving tips for the particular terrain. It was mentioned that we'll be driving a distance of around 100km and a bonus extra play time if we perform well. So the convoy was formed and we started our journey around 8am.

Most of the drivers were driving in LIWA for the first time including me, so everyone was excited and a bit nervous i guess (atleast i was, in the start :) The sand was very soft and totally different then the terrains we had been driving on in the past. The whole drive was divided into three sections with checkpoints. The track selected by marshalls was amazing, it had steep climbs, dead drops, sharp crests and thrilling V's (this is a new word i just came up with :051: V describes a straight drop followed by and steep climb)

We had a fair share of pop-outs and stucks but that's part of the play, right... but like always everyone around was there to help fix the pop-out, recover the stuck vehicle but only after they had clicked the pictures for the paparazzi club :011:

We were provided the opportunity to play at our last checkpoint which was a huge sand wall. Everybody had a go at it, i initially tried couple of times but couldn't do it so after every failed attempt i came to Silvester and we discussed a different technique, a different gear combination. It was the third time when he asked me to try a totally different thing that i even never tried before. Guess what after 5 seconds i was on top of the dune flying toward the other end. It was an amazing feeling, not only for knowing that i had made it but also for my truck which is always bullied as a heavy weight macho by skinny/feather-weight vehicles :005: lolz...

So all in all it was definitely the best trip ever. I remember to say the same for our last trip but what can i do, things keep on getting better and better :P and hope this goes on.

Thanks to bu salem and Silvester. Special thanks to bu mahmood who was always around supervising the drive and i guess he recovered most of the stuck vehicles on the drive :045:

Thanks to all the almost family members who were on this trip and made this weekend a part of one of my best memories for time to come.

For all of those who were not able to go, YOU GUYS MISSED THE TRIP OF THIS SEASON :015:
alfalasi
Advance
Advance

:003:I hate writing but I want to add some points

1 its graceful to meet the special one abu mahmood hope to see your pic near the karak soon.

2 yes miss D can fly + fida magic carpet

3 with melfi you will never feel hungry

4 armin make a good shesha

5 bu salem plz plzzzz dot sing
FSL

[quote=alfalasi;9325]:003:

5 bu salem plz plzzzz dot sing[/quote]

hahhaaaa... alfalasi you just reminded me of bu salem singing the hindi song.

it was awesome :011::045:
alfalasi
Advance
Advance

Nice 2 talk with u all in channel free. No channel 4. No 4 free. No ok nice 2 talk with U:011:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=alfalasi;9328]Nice 2 talk with u all in channel free. No channel 4. No 4 free. No ok nice 2 talk with U:011:[/quote]

[CENTER]That was a huge confusion for everyone … only Liwa people can understand it [/CENTER]
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=alfalasi;9325]:003:I hate writing but I want to add some points

1 its graceful to meet the special one abu mahmood hope to see your pic near the karak soon.

2 yes miss D can fly + fida magic carpet

3 with melfi you will never feel hungry

4 armin make a good shesha

5 bu salem plz plzzzz dot sing[/quote]

heheheh :005:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello all

What a great weekend, I know that you are going to tell me like FSL that I use this line a lot but what to do. The drives get better and better.

On Thursday 29, 2012 was the meeting point were all the Liwa enthusiasts were waiting for the last convoy. I suppose to leave around 8:15 but I had to give 20 min extra for other members to catch up. I shouldn’t wait but I gave the chance since it is going to be a very remote place in the Empty Quarter.

Before I start my the report I want you to remember this when Bu Salem leads “ Be aware of the desert surprises & Bu Salem surprises “ :beaten:Yes, I did it and my first victim was Miss D, I brought the convoy to place at night were I know that any FJ would get stuck if it got caught in surprise without disengaging the attraction. Sorry Miss D … I meant it :011:

At the camp site, we sat all together after building our tents, of course no fire cuz no one brought wood so that was a first lesson for all. We survived with lights but we had an excellent time chit chatting. At 1 AM I went to my tent to sleep which was hot at the beginning but then it was OK. 6:30 AM I felt that my tent was about to fly from it is place but the big guy is still inside so it stood pot . :021:

The drive started as the planned time at 8:15 am. It started smooth and relaxing then the action began. The best part of the drive that we were driving on PURE sand no tracks or a single soul except for the DHAB that we met. I’m sure you are going to meet our Liwa DL in person in the FB videos :060:

Having in mind that all the drivers were new to Liwa, except the marshals & DC. All the drivers did very well except for minor issues. I think for some it was the longest they did so far in their lives, 85 km – in 9 hours continues non-stop.

I would like to thank Caprihorse & TraiqYounis for the excellent job they did in sweeping & rescue without you I wouldn’t be able to make it to the finish line on time. Hassan & DC you were a great help, although it is not your duty but you always there for your follow members. All the people who joined and made it another memorable drive in almost4x4 club history.

Drive Summary
1. Yes Bu Salem is a mean Marshal
2. Yes Bu Salem is a bad Singer
3. Yes you always make Bu Salem feels good

Great Team, Great Time , Great Liwa …Thank You ALL

Hope to see you all in LIWA ADVANCE STYLE :008:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=alshamsi_m;9331]
Hello all

What a great weekend, I know that you are going to tell me like FSL that I use this line a lot but what to do. The drives get better and better.

On Thursday 29, 2012 was the meeting point were all the Liwa enthusiasts were waiting for the last convoy. I suppose to leave around 8:15 but I had to give 20 min extra for other members to catch up. I shouldn’t wait but I gave the chance since it is going to be a very remote place in the Empty Quarter.

Before I start my the report I want you to remember this when Bu Salem leads “ Be aware of the desert surprises & Bu Salem surprises “ :beaten:Yes, I did it and my first victim was Miss D, I brought the convoy to place at night were I know that any FJ would get stuck if it got caught in surprise without disengaging the attraction. Sorry Miss D … I meant it :011:

At the camp site, we sat all together after building our tents, of course no fire cuz no one brought wood so that was a first lesson for all. We survived with lights but we had an excellent time chit chatting. At 1 AM I went to my tent to sleep which was hot at the beginning but then it was OK. 6:30 AM I felt that my tent was about to fly from it is place but the big guy is still inside so it stood pot . :021:

The drive started as the planned time at 8:15 am. It started smooth and relaxing then the action began. The best part of the drive that we were driving on PURE sand no tracks or a single soul except for the DHAB that we met. I’m sure you are going to meet our Liwa DL in person in the FB videos :060:

Having in mind that all the drivers were new to Liwa, except the marshals & DC. All the drivers did very well except for minor issues. I think for some it was the longest they did so far in their lives, 85 km – in 9 hours continues non-stop.

I would like to thank Caprihorse & TraiqYounis for the excellent job they did in sweeping & rescue without you I wouldn’t be able to make it to the finish line on time. Hassan & DC you were a great help, although it is not your duty but you always there for your follow members. All the people who joined and made it another memorable drive in almost4x4 club history.

Drive Summary
1. Yes Bu Salem is a mean Marshal
2. Yes Bu Salem is a bad Singer
3. Yes you always make Bu Salem feels good

Great Team, Great Time , Great Liwa …Thank You ALL

Hope to see you all in LIWA ADVANCE STYLE :008:[/quote]

Papa Duck !!! how could you purposely make ur baby duckling get stuck?? that too at nite??? :035: .... Anyways im glad i was the 1st one to start the action from nite :005:
and in regards to your drive Summary...

Bu Salem is a great Marshal!
Bu Salem is an AVERAGE singer..ur snoring started to sound like lullaby as im getting used to it :060:
and we are more than happy to make you feel good ALWAYS! :021:

P.S. Pls dont get me stuck again in ur surprises :055:
Gorgin4325

Liwa, you have captured my heart

It has been yours from the very start

Liwa, you are the one that I love

Consuming my thoughts, you’re all I think of

Liwa, you’re on my mind so often it’s deplorable

The truth of the matter is, I find you positively adorable

Liwa, my darling, I need you in my arms

I spend my entire day plying you with my charms

Liwa, I am hoping you find me irresistible

I want to be as close to you as physically permissible

Liwa, I do wish together we could have a home

It’s with that hope I chose to write you this poem.

Liwa, my love I swear it’s all true

I did write this silly poem especially for you
FSL

[quote=Gorgin4325;9346]
Liwa, my love I swear it’s all true

I did write this silly poem especially for you[/quote]

ahmm... okay :059: