Drive hard 3.0

Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

AWESOME? AMAZING? MIND-BLOWING? These words are not even close to how i can express my trip was!

It was my best trip ever till date! i tried to use all my knowledge and skills that i learned over the past 4 months of offroading with you all....and i must say...when i started offroading i never could never ever dream that i would be able to reach so far in this period and that i could drive in LIWA! From the deepest of my heart i owe it big time to SHAMSI (papa duck) & SILVESTER (momma duck) for all the efforts the have put into teaching me all about my FJ and how to desert drive and especially keeping in mind SAFETY.....Love you alot! :021:

Well back to the trip...

I was part of 2nd convoy, left meeting point around 8ish and reached camp around 12ish... had a bit of chit chat and ate yummy biryani which Rashid had got for us. Thanks Rashid!

Hit the bed as wanted to get enough sleep and refuel energy for the long day ahead...

Left camp at around 8:30 am and hit the sands non- stop till 5:30 pm!!! YES....9 hours of pure offroading!!! Longest ever i did!

The track was amazing...lots of tricky areas and lots of steep drops and high climbs! Even got to play on the INTERMIDIATE level on the huge dunes....woooooo i went on the tip of the dune and man i was soooooooo excited that i did that!
I kissed all the fear i ever had GOOD-BYE!

I did see aliens :005: .... that dune was the highest i have ever conquered!

Later on while there was a prayer break,,,All the naughty FJs hit the track to RACE! It was great fun! ....i wonder which place did i win :022:

Over all the trip went smooth, no major issues at all just a few pop-outs and few stucks... NO NO NO ...not me! i just had ONE STUCK! :033:

The weather was hot and super duper windy...could hardly see anything at times....felt totally lost as it was feeling on being in the car wash but instead of water all sand was splish splashing on the car!

Felt like a real off-roader and survivor :028:

........OK i scrolled up and saw..i wrote alot! :056:

I'll stop with again thanking Shamsi and Silvester for amazing trip and for making sure we all had fun and at the same time kept us all safe and helped us learn alot more about offroading!!! :045:

A big thanks to all the members of the trip...it would have not been fun without all of you :047:
Alfalasi, Fida, FSL, Bu-Hamdan, Warrior, Gorgin4325, salhinai, DIVER, Rashidjass, Anilmboss, Melfi, and DC2! :038:

And not to forget THE FOUNDER!!! Bu Mahmoud :)
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

reading your report I thought at big Liwa's dunes, definitely impressive, the memories of my first time there are back.....
but with Bu Salem, Capri and the other 4x4 Marshals you feel really safe.
I understand your feeling very well :005:... I'm glad you enjoyed the experience in Liwa, which is priceless.
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi Guys

Sounds like you had fun. I am super upset i had to work.
Wish i could have joined in.

Regards
Paul
Sammy

sounds like great fun, sad i coudnt join hope ill join next time......
salhinai
Advance
Advance

After reading what Miss D wrote and the way she has captured every aspect of this mother of all offroading trips, I decieded to only add one person who Miss D missed, Abu Mahmood who was the third pillar of making this as successful, enjoyable and safe trip.

Finally I would like to re-iterate our utmost thanks and gratitude to our wonderful 3 trip marshals for all the effort they put into this. Thank you Almost4x4.
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=salhinai;9306]After reading what Miss D wrote and the way she has captured every aspect of this mother of all offroading trips, I decieded to only add one person who Miss D missed, Abu Mahmood who was the third pillar of making this as successful, enjoyable and safe trip.

Finally I would like to re-iterate our utmost thanks and gratitude to our wonderful 3 trip marshals for all the effort they put into this. Thank you Almost4x4.[/quote]
ooops! rectified...soooo sorry...
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

It seems we have missed a lot of fun.. glad you had a good time in Liwa.
mtalel

i m so upset i couldn't join you
inchalla next time
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

Hi Almosters,

SORRY Marshals, I 'll start my writing today in THANKing Gorgin4325. many special thanks to you brother. :cheerful:
Here is the reason behind that. I missed both convoys (18.00hrs & 20.00hrs) on Thursday due to some personal reasons already were explaind to Al-Shamsi.

So, Gorgin4325 was my ON-ROAD Marshal from Dubai to the camp at LIWA. ( trust me bro, without your help I wouldn't be able to make it).

NOW..........

My deepst apologies to The Great Marshal (Bu-Salem) for not joining you from the meeting point.. You really have great heart gifted to you by ALLAH. :043:

Special Thanks to both Marshals (Capri & Bu-Salem) for giving me the chance of being the 2nd lead for the convoy @ all the time:057:.

Capri..I know you are very strict.:013: please forgive me for my mistakes. :002:

NOTE:
I didn't explain anything about the trip if you noticed that:010:......... and that's because the guys who explained it before me....explained in away already expressed my feeling.

Thank you LIWA TEAM :038:

Regards,
Bu-Hamdan
fida
Advance
Advance

As my other firends well described the trip, it realy stood for its name as "Drive Hard". To start with, I was joined with the 2nd convoy with ALshamsi, Miss D, Rashid and other colleagues and set off to Camp side around 8.45 and reached the camp area around 11.30.... No camp Fire since no one brought the Woods so NO KARAK. We were treated with Biryani from our friend Rahid and after some chit chat and Shisha, slowly everyone went to sleep except few of our friends.

Around 7.00am everyone seems to be ready with full of butterflies, bats etc etc.. in their stomachs which did not let many of them to sleep whole night (atleast myself). We strted our drive around 8.10am with the Majestic LIWA dunes in front of us. AND what a terrain. Honestly, the most beautiful desert, i have ever seen.

I did two grave mistakes and got myself into stucks (twice) but with the help of our great caretakers, (Silvester, Abu Mahmood and our friend Warrior), I was pulled out. With these two stucks, i rectified some flaws in my driving technic and learned a great deal. Thanks to Silvester and other's advices.
The rest of the day was full of fun while we conquered tricky, somewhere scary, and huge dunes. The best part of my full day's drive was when I successfully climbed the huge dune on my first attempt with full crest (Play time). That was first time, i have ever done such crest. As Miss D rightly said, I am sure, the fear for such dunes is out of my system.
Our long drive was over around 6.00pm and drove back home.

Following lessons were learnt in this drive. (for me atleast)

1- Not to apply breaks when ascending from high drops and keep the vehicle in verticle position. When required use Low gear.
2- Being double minded (undecisive) will take you no where but can bring subtantial damage. Always make preplanning which path to take.
3- Learn your car's cappabilities and limits.
4- Keep the right momentum, no matter how high the dune is, trust yourself more than your car.

In the end, i would like to thank our Marshals, Alshamis, Silvester, our founder Abu Mahmood and other senior almosters who kept the spirit alive the whole long day and made sure the saftey of each members. Looking forward to learn and learn from great teachers.