Crocodile Lake

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

The Crocodile lake found to be true … at least the lake or Oasis was there but the Croc wason vacation :003:. 26 cars showed up for this campingincluding Duck Commander which is the first time and :048:I think DC I made yourdream come true . After all gathered at our meeting point Caprihorse lead us tothe camp site which was a bit deep in the desert.

I made my tent as far as Icould to enjoy my snoring alone but it seemed that DC was eager to know how goodI was but unfortunately in the morning I didn’t have the chance to ask his opinionabout my performance.

I would like to thank all the people who joined in the trip for sitting in ONE CIRCLEwere we had the chance to chit chat , share food and see each others.

In the morning the We had 4 Convoys , 3 intermediate and 1 Newbies. I had the privilegeto lead the newbies, during the briefing I promised the members that we weregoing to visit the lake, the Fox hole & the Bed Ford those land marks havebeen seen for the first time for most of our newbies.

I tried to make the track as tricky as possible to give our members the chance to trythe cresting & driving in soft sand. We had couple of stuck and pop outsbut we consider them as opportunity to teach our newbies and let them try tolearn.

I would like to thank Sabah ( Bu Faisal ) for his lovely gift but the most for me wasthe nice wards he said and were everyone felt almost4x4 is a family for it’smembers and not just nice wards we say to any new comer. Since actions speakslouder than wards. Have a great week and looking forward to see your picturesin our GALLARY.

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

Hi all ....
Personally ...... I can't explain the hapeness that I felt today,
Thx Bu Salem for giving me the chance to fix the pop-out, or at least the share to fix it.
Thx Big Brother(Capri) for leading to the night camp, and for taking pictures of those who got stucked or cristed .......

This what can I write for Now becouse I feel dificulties and getting headache while using the phone .

I'll come back to you guys after setting in front of my PC....

SEE U NiCE MEMBERS:028:
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

wow for meeting my family after so long, my old friends and some of my new friends including the senior Newbie Miss D hehehe.
woww for Bu Salem snoring which made my night really nice, I enjoyed alot personally because it was more like music than snoring hehehe.
Thanks for the Nice BBQ served by our fellow drivers and thanks Madlen for so nicely grilled shrimps.
Thanks Bu Salem,Capri and all marshals for coming to this nice part of amazing desert.
Thanks Hamdan for giving me the opportunity to lead the convey and putting your trust on me, Hamdan for you may be it was trust on me but for me it was a SHOCK which came by surprise hehehe.

I will wait for you guys to come and this time lets start from Sweihan to Al Khattam.

love you all
Gorgin4325

Hi guys,

Due to some personal commitments, I had to drive solo to the camp site. I got there around 3 a.m. and was glad to see a few guys sitting around the fire chatting... After having a cup of Hamdan's tasty Karak, I tried to get a few hours of sleep in my car.

The morning drive was great, thanks to our leader Alkhatib, Falcon, the gentleman in the Grand Cherokee (Sorry I forgot your name), DL, salhinai, and se7es77 for the great day.

The sand was very soft, kind of similar to the Egg Basket drive, which made the drive more challenging. At one point I got stuck in an awkward position while attempting to climb a dune, and I felt like the car was about to roll over to the left with the push of a finger! I panicked and asked for help on the radio. I was relieved to see Falcon, Alkhatib, and other drivers running to my rescue. The weight of Falcon and Khatib on the right side of the car was enough to make sure the car was not going to roll over any time soon!!! :) The marshals then told me that it was safe to reverse out of the position and everything was back to normal. Thanks guys for your help and guidance.

I must admit, the next few minutes of the drive I was a bit shaky and could not focus 100%. However, I was happy to see the convoy taking a smoke break. I got out the car, got some fresh air, relaxed, and went back to continue the drive. Everything from that moment on went absolutely fantastic. The highlight of my day was when I got the chance to be the second lead. It was a lot of fun trying to keep up with our leader, and I enjoyed every second of it.

I appreciate everything the founders and marshals do for us and the club, making sure that we have fun and are safe throughout the drives, and I feel so blessed to be a part of this group. Thank you everybody.

I will be out of the country for a couple of weeks, and hope to catch up with you guys when I return.

Have fun and drive safe!

Regards,
G
Warrior

The Crocodile Trip
I reached to the spot for Mini Convay on time
Caprihorse lead us to the meeting point
we all had walki talkie and kept in communication all the 175 kms
it was a long travel from home to meeting point around 200+ kms

The Lake
well there were no crocodiles just us and the beautiful Oasis
the Gathering at the Night Camp was awsome , chit chat not to forget famous Karak
Also saw our groups founder for the first time
saw him extremely appreciating and gifting Shamsi and Khateib
Memmorial Words
extremely happy to see ppl making BBQ and sharing with others before even they themself eat
even after eating my own sandwiches i couldnot resist lamp chops , chicken legs , and burgers offered from others
Damm they were delicious

Morning Drive
Well to be honest we did not drive long in desert as long as we drove on the rocky path
i would really request Marshals , Admin to kindly plan a longer trip when u invite ppl sooooo far away from their homes
i couldnot believe the drive had ended when it ended
i felt it had barely started
i felt if we travelled no more than very few kms in desert affcorse that might be coz we had soo many stucks and popouts
or i dont know
FSL

The preps started on wednesday as i went to garage to get Terminator ready for this trip. I even left office early on thursday to shop for camping, packed everything and was ready.

Missed the turn for abudhabi-alain highway and realized it after 5 kms. So had to navigate through a different route that made me the last person to reach the meeting point. Everybody had already left the meeting point but one man was still there, none other then bu salem :028: Who was kind enough to wait for me ... شكرا يا بو سالم

So we joined the rest of the convoy and drove towards the camping point. It was a pleasent evening so we sat round the campfire chatting with everybody around before hitting the sacks.

In the morning we were briefed by silvester and bu salem and divided into mini convoys. I was part of a convoy lead by Hamdan and also included abu jimmy driving the super hot n $€%¥ GOLDY and Duck Commander with his new DC2...

We were told that the lead marshal will be rotated and everyone of us will get a chance to lead our 4 car convoy. We started with DC leading into the soft dunes of this beautiful area. DC was very skillful and was driving on a great track for us to follow. I thoroughly enjoyed driving on it so hats off to DC, job well done.

After we reached a point, hamdan asked me to take the lead (this was kind of a surprise for me as i initially thought only advanced drivers will take the lead and i was an intermediate:) but since Terminator was behaving nicely and the drive till then was fine so my confidence level was good.

So i started driving in an unknown territory leading 2 advanced drivers and a marshal. I was actually not worried about them at all since they all knew what they were doing :015: so i just focused on finding my way around the dunes. Although it wasnt as great as DC was doing but still i managed to lead the big guys for around 40 minutes. I tried to give them a tough time but they were skilled enough to keep up with me. We took a break in between to catch up our breath and check our nicotine levels. Hamdan gave me some quick tips, encouraged me and asked to continue. I was really enjoying it as i was driving as a free bird, free to go where ever i wanted, but at the same time it was tough. Trying not to get stuck and it was going good until finally it happened and i found myself hanging on the top of a sharp dune as i was trying to crest it :005: DC was quick to come for rescue n towed me out in a jiffy.

Then it was abu jimmy's turn to lead and he started very well but after sometime he had to stop because of some issues with Goldy. As he was telling us that this area has proved to be unlucky for him everytime. We tried to fix it and continued but then decided to head back to the camp site.

So all in all this was one of the best trips i had so far. The drive was awesome, my confidence level has increased, i learnt a lot from this trip and now i'm so looking forward to LIWA....

Thanks to marshalls who came up with this strategy of mini convoys (this should happen again, although we were not driving with all of our friends but this is an amazing learning opportunity)
Thanks Hamdan for your encouragement.
Thanks Duck Commander for the drive. It was really a great pleasure to finally drive with you.
Thanks Abu jimmy for his company and taking my friend onboard for the drive (he was speaking highly of you and asked me to specially thank you)

Thanks to all the friends at the camp...
Thanks Silvester for being away with other convoy, busy taking their pictures and i had nothing to worry about :059:

And the final thanks goes to our beloved Almost4x4 for giving us this opportunity to spend our weekends with such a great family.
FSL

Oops... It wasn't supposed to be such a long story :005:
i guess i just got excited :015:
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey all,

You guys had a nice trip because I was praying that you guys enjoy it without me, hehe just joking:011:. I'm really glad that you guys had a nice time. I couldn't make cuz of some personal reasons.

See you soon guys
:048:
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad you had a good time.. Thank GOD the crocodile was on vacation and nobody was eaten by him :011:
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

[quote=NaSeR;9038]Glad you had a good time.. Thank GOD the crocodile was on vacation and nobody was eaten by him :011:[/quote]

LOL...true ...and the ghosts that gurard the lake were in a convention in Muscat so you all got lucky I guess !