Brave Deeds 09032012 - Strawbs Bad Luck

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don’t have much of a trip report as my morning drive was full of bad luck ……. “We do it rally style” was how our lead marshal capri explained to us in the briefing ……. within 20 minutes into the drive …….. 3 flat tires ….. 2 fender flares ……… it was definitely not my day …… “CHIT happens” ……

My apologies to the newbie convoy if my bad luck affected the schedules of anyone …..

however on a GOOD NOTE …… it was an experience that proved how truly good hearted our almost 4x4 marshals are …. namely Al Khatib, Lamboo, Zico and Caprihorse …..

So many drivers came in to help and support ……. Lamboo and Se7eS77 for the spare tires …… Abu Jimmy for the tips and tricks …… Desert Lizard for crawling under the XJ with me …… Naqbi for hammering away on the tire to take air in ….. Bu Hamdan for always showing concern and helping me unscrew my flares

Words cannot explain how good these people are. The enthusiasm, the patience and the way they expressed their intent to help as always is “priceless” …..

It was also a drive wherein I had firsthand experience of Al Khatib’s black belt as we ZOOMED across the desert ….. we were running an average of 70kph as we tried to make up lost time to catch up with the main convoy …. I was dead focused on just trying to keep up ….. which led me to believe I drank too much red bull and coffee cos I felt so stressed when we stopped ….

As I was speaking to Zico ….. I told him why I love driving with almost 4x4 ……. It is the unending camaraderie of its members and marshals which keep the club strong ….. they consider you family and they make sure you get treated like family …… no matter what nationality, language or color of skin you have …….

We do off-road …. We love off-road …. And we love anyone who does off-road with us …..

It is not just about driving off-road ….. it is living the off-road lifestyle …… it is FAMILY when you do off-road with Almost 4x4 ….

See you guys this Friday …… the XJ will have its revenge on the sand
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

So well worded and what just hops we all feel about Almost4x4.
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

So well worded and I'm sure what we all feel about Almost4x4.
Sheikh Fadi

well said Srawb.. but I think some of your bad luck catch up on to me cuz on my way back from the trip my tire exploded while driving 120 on emirates road..thank God no one got hurt..shit happens..we learn to live another day!
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sheikh Fadi;8719]well said Srawb.. but I think some of your bad luck catch up on to me cuz on my way back from the trip my tire exploded while driving 120 on emirates road..thank God no one got hurt..shit happens..we learn to live another day![/quote]

Thank God you came out of that ordeal safe buddy

Get the jeep ready and i'll see you this friday
Darshan

[quote=strawb;8676]i don’t have much of a trip report as my morning drive was full of bad luck ……. “we do it rally style” was how our lead marshal capri explained to us in the briefing ……. Within 20 minutes into the drive …….. 3 flat tires ….. 2 fender flares ……… it was definitely not my day …… “chit happens” ……

my apologies to the newbie convoy if my bad luck affected the schedules of anyone …..

however on a good note …… it was an experience that proved how truly good hearted our almost 4x4 marshals are …. Namely al khatib, lamboo, zico and caprihorse …..

so many drivers came in to help and support ……. lamboo and se7es77 for the spare tires …… abu jimmy for the tips and tricks …… desert lizard for crawling under the xj with me …… naqbi for hammering away on the tire to take air in ….. Bu hamdan for always showing concern and helping me unscrew my flares

words cannot explain how good these people are. The enthusiasm, the patience and the way they expressed their intent to help as always is “priceless” …..

it was also a drive wherein i had firsthand experience of al khatib’s black belt as we zoomed across the desert ….. We were running an average of 70kph as we tried to make up lost time to catch up with the main convoy …. I was dead focused on just trying to keep up ….. Which led me to believe i drank too much red bull and coffee cos i felt so stressed when we stopped ….

as i was speaking to zico ….. I told him why i love driving with almost 4x4 ……. It is the unending camaraderie of its members and marshals which keep the club strong ….. They consider you family and they make sure you get treated like family …… no matter what nationality, language or color of skin you have …….

we do off-road …. We love off-road …. And we love anyone who does off-road with us …..

it is not just about driving off-road ….. It is living the off-road lifestyle …… it is family when you do off-road with almost 4x4 ….

see you guys this friday …… the xj will have its revenge on the sand[/quote]

likey likey!
Sheikh Fadi

Thanks Strawb, see ya in our next drive!