Xplore UAE IV

xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

W00t! So those of you that made it to xplore UAE saw I was able to sneak the "typhoon" into the event. And to my surprise we we're actually able to maintain the 120kph when we did the sprint section on the highway.

And it was a pleasure meeting some of the guys from here - and if i/you didn't get to say hello, hope to do it on the next ride (if I get time). I post the first 1/2 pics on my Facebook so I'll post the link later. I did figure the typhoon is missing a damn iPhone charger so my phone was dead by lunch and didn't get any more pics.

If you took pictures of the typhoon during the ride could you please forward me a copy - kenn.walker@armored-cars.com
FSL

[quote=xkennx;8654]W00t! So those of you that made it to xplore UAE saw I was able to sneak the "typhoon" into the event. And to my surprise we we're actually able to maintain the 120kph when we did the sprint section on the highway.

And it was a pleasure meeting some of the guys from here - and if i/you didn't get to say hello, hope to do it on the next ride (if I get time). I post the first 1/2 pics on my Facebook so I'll post the link later. I did figure the typhoon is missing a damn iPhone charger so my phone was dead by lunch and didn't get any more pics.

If you took pictures of the typhoon during the ride could you please forward me a copy - kenn.walker@armored-cars.com[/quote]
seems like car#288 made quite an impression and a massive hit on nissan facebook page :P
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

All began with most of meeting up @ Sharjah-Kalba Emarat. Hit the roads @ 7am and reached the xplore breakfast point @ 8am just as our Leading Marshal The Great SHAMSI :008: estimated.

Rommel was our Sweeping Master for the day! :028:

Went for breakfast (Sad - scrambled eggs & sausages :046:).... left from there in an hour, hit the roads to reach our starting point for the wadi drive.. The track was really not great at all,,,not well organised,,, no proper signage or flags saying where to go...Luckily the ALMOSTERS in our convoy had no fear or worry at all as we all followed our leader with full trust that he would make sure we don't get lost and reach safe. The drive was really bumpy..felt sad for cars with no proper skid plates or suspensions...they must have felt all the rocks! ... there was a time when i could feel tiny rocks falling from above on my FJ so i drove really fast :005:

After the wadis we hit the road for lunch (Sad again :046:) ... then we deflated and hit the sand... we were all excited as we r all sand lovers but unfortunately as soon as we hit sand,,, we started to see traffic all over with loads of stuck cars..but SHAMSI managed to make new tracks for us to go on, keeping in mind level/skill of the drivers and the safety... we all went very well,,, no stucks at all only one pop-out for Sham and rest all was smooth...

In the process our Greatt marshal,, ended up towing NISSAN PATROL & NISSAN XTERRA :045:...no Dubai 4x4 marshals were really seen around at all... so he had to rescue them as they were blocking the way for our other members ...

Drive got over by 5pm,,,we then went for a minidrive on our own for an hour and loved it,...it was fast,,, it was like "Catch the Marshal if u can" :005:....i managed well as i was 2nd lead!

We then hit road again to go to our Dinner point... luckily the food was lot better than breakfast and lunch! We ate, chit chated for a while and hit the roads to go back to HOME SWEET HOME :043:

All in a nutshell...our day was great thanks to SHAMSI! Our sweeper ROMMEL did an amazing job too:045: and yes we had MILAN looking after us as well. Thank you all for making sure our trip was fun and that we started all together and ended up the same!

I had a great day and a BIG THANKS for our convoy members too:048:
Dragon Fly

Hi Guys..

As Miss D has explained it was a great drive with alshamsi leading and Romell as the sweep... A special thanks to both and Miss D always kept the radio alive..

Thanks to a great group and hope to meet more in the days to come..
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

:005: I promise next time i wont chit chat on RADIO.... Ill keep it free for emergencies :022:
Craigs3D

Hello All,

It was a GREAT day for me yesterday, better than I could have imagined... As it was my first time off-road ever... Thank you guys for all the friendly help and advice... You GUYS rock. Cheers till next time - Craig (New guy on the block, (orange mango tango wrangler)....

Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Craigs3D;8670]Hello All,

It was a GREAT day for me yesterday, better than I could have imagined... As it was my first time off-road ever... Thank you guys for all the friendly help and advice... You GUYS rock. Cheers till next time - Craig (New guy on the block, (orange mango tango wrangler)....

0501095771[/quote]

We r glad u enjoyed ALMOSTER'S company :057:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Miss D;8668]:005: I promise next time i wont chit chat on RADIO.... Ill keep it free for emergencies :022:[/quote]

Never make promises you CAN'T keep :barbershop_quartet_
Dragon Fly

Hey Miss D. I was just joking. you kept the whole event live..

Thanks
fida
Advance
Advance

It was fun with my family but missed the chance to drive with you guys.. I dont know how it happened but we couldnt find you guys... Well, waiting for Friday....