Silence of the Whistle

admin

Dear Caprihorse/Ladylinka

This is for you .....

[quote=Iskander]

All of us remember the famous whistle that always woke us up after camping, and that gave us the sign to pay attention during the briefings. All of us connect the whistle with one very special and unique person: our CHIEF MARSHAL.

Silvester - even if I only got to know you for a short time, I consider you as a very special person and good friend, a big brother and an excellent mentor in Off-Roading. It has falways been nice to read your comments in the forum, a very special sense of humour that always went to the point, while correcting us in any situation.

It will certainly be different not having you leading, sweeping or rescuing our convoy, and whoever will drive and own The Legend will not be able to step in the footsteps you will leave. For all of us, or at least most of us, someday the time will come to leave this country as we are just expats and our heart calls another place "Home", without considering how many friends we find, what activities we do and how much we identify ourselves with the country we are in.

No matter what, one thing is definite: We, as family and as community, will dearly miss you. The Leading Position will always be kept for you.
- "Who will let MDG catch us?"
- "Who will observe us during test drives?"
For sure all Marshals can do that, and they will, but your way is the Chief style.

Thank you, Silvester, for spending time planning trips, for being patient with us even if sometimes we have been straining your nerves. For being there and explaining it again and again until even the last one has understood how to install his radio, where to find the shops we can find what we want and what we need.
[FONT=&amp]It is not only our Brother and Chief that we will be missing but as well[/FONT][FONT=&amp]our Sister.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I believe all of us like the Homepage and the Forum and that all of us are glad that is the why it is. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Well who do you believe is the Person Behind it?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]That dear Familyis the good soul of almost4x4. A Member of the Crew and the good Soul next to Silvester.[/FONT]
Yanka:
You reserve the same esteem, for the endless Hours spent to the Community. Maybe not visually for everybody, but for all those who know what you have been doing as an honorable Staff / Crew member backstage of almost.
I may be just one of many Family Members, but for sure I am speaking for each and every single one when I say
THANK YOU AND WE WILL ALL MISS YOU
[FONT=&amp]
[CENTER][video=youtube;oZV21Gb-8nw][/video][/CENTER]
[/FONT][/quote]
Mubz

Well after what alex said there is not much to say he covered every aspect of it.

I personally believe I was slow learner in off roading as I was taking care of my car more then over coming the dune and on each and every stuck chief was there to give me lesson, last week in hatta when chief told me he won't be coming next week I stopped for a while as my mind was not accepting / expecting this from chief and on my way back I was thinking about everything he did for me and for off road community.

Your knowledge experience and guidance has offered a lot and I hope you will always be here with us on the forum teaching us.

I hope and really really hope than sometime soon you will come back to dubai and lead us once again

I would say it was a Blessing knowing you and learning from you.

I wish you all the best in life.

We will miss you :(
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
muaz

it was a strong indication in Hatta where you pass by to say it and you couldn't,

i think The hardest part of any friendship is when it is time to say goodbye and even though I wished we make you stay, i still remember our first meet when you said to me what kept achieving my skills since that time and so on,I know that everyone of us will spread his wings and fly some day, life is a journey that needs to be traveled and I am certain you'd make it through, I just want you to know and never forget that we will surely will miss you, I know that someday we'll meet again.

Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeemmee

You have been a strong force of inspiration for all of us.
You have been an excellent teacher, leader.
You are a wonderful person.
You will be always with us.

Two of the hardest things are saying hello for the first time, and goodbye for the last time.
Maddie

Chief, all I can say is 'God Bless You'. You have been an inspiration. Your tireprints on the sand of UAE will always be followed by those you led. I, for one, will always miss your Communistic English and stern advices :smile: !! Looking forward to seeing you soon.
desert_jellyfish

wow.....I hate that i wasn't around at the time chief was but i am thankful that i have joined this family who has some of his roots dug in!

i honestly don't know what else to say other than thank God i get to at least cyber-meet him....