Hello I´m mark us

markus
Club Member
Club Member

Hello almosters,

I want to introduce myself, my name is Markus also known as Yusuf. I´m from Germany, 36 years old and living in Ras Al Khaimah. I´m driving a Grand Cherokee 3.6 2012 now since one and a half year. I will studie all required forum posts and hope to see you guys soon in the sand.

See you...

Markus
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

mark us;28308 wrote:Hello almosters,

I want to introduce myself, my name is Markus also known as Yusuf. I´m from Germany, 36 years old and living in Ras Al Khaimah. I´m driving a Grand Cherokee 3.6 2012 now since one and a half year. I will studie all required forum posts and hope to see you guys soon in the sand.

See you...

Markus
Hello mark us and welcome to our Club. We prefer to address you by your Nickname, if you don't mind. To get more familiar with our activities, pls kindly read all our blogs here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...Most-Importan

BTW, can you send a PM to admin, to change your nickname to markus, otherwise we might be at the trip calling you over the radio [mark you as] :ORLY:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

mark us;28308 wrote:Hello almosters,

See you...

Markus
[INDENT]Hello mark us and welcome to our Club and your second family , hope to see you on the sand soon .[/INDENT]

What goes around , comes around .
delta83
Advance
Advance

welcome on board :)
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

welcome in the league Markus
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

markus;28308 wrote: I´m driving a Grand Cherokee 3.6 2012 now since one and a half year. I will studie all required forum posts and hope to see you guys soon in the sand.
Welcome Markus to the Almost Family. I started with the club driving my 2011 V8 Grand Cherokee in the sand, but have since moved to a 2006 TJ Wrangler as although more than capable, the modern Jeep SUV has too many gadgets and attachments not suited to Desert driving. I now enjoy the GC as my daily drive and occasional trips to the mountains and wadis, but use the TJ in the sand. It is mostly about your driving skills however, but I would prefer not to risk damaging or invalidating the warranty! One piece of advice is to remove the front air dam before your Club Member drive!

See you soon in the sand.
Andre

Hi Markus,

Have you manage to take you GC to the sand? Mine I manage to drive it 4 times with the club, It's very capable in sand but the front and rear bumper clearance is very low and vulnerable to damage, My GC is now scheduled for bumper replacement (luckily with insurance). However, still planning to drive it one more time this weekend before the new bumper will be installed and if a trip is available.

Some website for GC WK2 upgrades:
http://murchisonproducts.com.au/
www.uneek4x4.com.au/
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Andre, you do know that the front air dam and lower section of the rear bumper is removable for sand driving? It helps improve the approach angles however be aware that the AC pipework and heat exchanger becomes more exposed. I drove mine 4 times with the club too - now retired (for the time being) until it is 'mature' enough (and out of warranty!) to be modified. Very little aftermarket parts available locally (unless you want to take the risk of importing) at the moment but some creativity should be possible in the right hands? Anyway, enjoy and hope you don't break something else next time!! My last outing in the GC I gained some severe noise from the front driveshafts and transfer case area - sand ingestion I think but enough to make me buy an off road specific machine to preserve the daily drive!!
Andre

Yup I do knew it but sometimes It's Pita to install it back.

I hit a small sand bumps during ascend to pink rock with most of the track got chewed up by ATV's and buggies with all the bumpers on and breaks it, then decides to retire it from club drives. But sometimes get tempted and drove it in the sand with friends on overnight camping and light desert trekking.

And yes removing the bumpers helps with approach but that exposes the radiator. I did some queries overseas (US and AU) for skid/bash plates and suspension lift specially at murchisonproducts.com.au - they are quite promising and that bumpers of Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Ohhh hope they will make it available for GC owners.