Introduce yourself here, Please. Lets get to know each other

User avatar
Phoenix
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 192 times
Contact:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm

hatemelmohandes wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:33 am
Hello everyone,
Very glad and excited to be a new member of such a great club. Looking forward to learning from everyone and start contributing soon. Thanks a lot,
Dubasel wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:06 am
Hello everyone, I’m Dubasel, recently bit by the desert bug after a camping trip with friends that included super light dune traversing, so tip-toeing past a few dunes until you can’t see power lines anymore... still incredibly fun :-).

I’m here to learn and research as much as I can before taking the plunge on a beater rig and semi-obsessing over kit. Now I just need to find that search button. Psmiley
Hey @hatemelmohandes & @Dubasel,

Welcome to your second family.

Pretty much every one of us here joined this lovely club from the love of sand, you are at the right place. Don't worry about any of the specificities for now and simple keep an eye on the Upcoming Events section for the next club member drive. All you will need to join the club member drive is a 4x4.

Please feel free to read about our lovely family, here is a good starting point : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1074


See you in the sand.
if you're scared, you're doing it right

Image
hatemelmohandes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:12 am
Location: Dubai
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:34 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Hatem ElMohandes, Newbie to Desert driving :) . I like outdoors activities such as Scuba Diving, Horse Back Riding, Skiing and would love to make it to Desert Driving. I have Toyota Land Cruiser V8 which will finish bumper modifications tomorrow and would will join the group with my 4 kids ;) .

Wish to meet everyone in this forum and looking forward to a great experience...
julius2532
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:50 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Julius Heryanto from Indonesia. I have 0 experience with driving in desert.

I'm here for the knowledge and experience with the desert.. have a nice day
User avatar
Phoenix
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 192 times
Contact:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm

julius2532 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:50 am
Hi everyone,

My name is Julius Heryanto from Indonesia. I have 0 experience with driving in desert.

I'm here for the knowledge and experience with the desert.. have a nice day
Hey @julius2532,

Welcome to your second family, dont worry about prior desert driving experience. This is the perfect place to start and just like you most of us started with absolute zero knowledge or experience in the desert. keep an eye on the Upcoming Events section for the Club Member drives. This is where all of our new members start off, ones you have driven with us you will have a clear idea of what its like to drive safely in the desert. Then after that you can get the required tools and start driving with us on our newbie level drives.

Feel free to read more about our lovely family, here are some starters :

Please feel free to read more about our lovely family here :
  • To read more about our Members Grading System, please CLICK HERE
  • To read more about our Tools / Recovery Equipment, please CLICK HERE
  • To read more about our lovely Club in general, please CLICK HERE

See you in the sand.
if you're scared, you're doing it right

Image
User avatar
anasassaf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:08 pm
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

I like the idea of this website, I am sure I will have fun and meet new people here :)

I drive Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) fully modified and ready to go to the middle of the desert.

I go every weekend to desert with other groups and friends.

Looking forward to meet all of you on any upcoming event.

Thanks,
User avatar
Booy
Marshal
Marshal
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:55 pm
Location: RAK
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 360 times

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:24 pm

anasassaf wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:02 pm
Hello Everyone,

I like the idea of this website, I am sure I will have fun and meet new people here :)

I drive Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) fully modified and ready to go to the middle of the desert.

I go every weekend to desert with other groups and friends.

Looking forward to meet all of you on any upcoming event.

Thanks,
A warm welcome @anasassaf

We have a club member drive on 22 March - register and book your seat for this event. Link below:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4210

See you in the sand.
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
User avatar
giorgio
Advance
Advance
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:04 pm
Has thanked: 487 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:48 am

anasassaf wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:02 pm
Hello Everyone,

I like the idea of this website, I am sure I will have fun and meet new people here :)

I drive Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) fully modified and ready to go to the middle of the desert.

I go every weekend to desert with other groups and friends.

Looking forward to meet all of you on any upcoming event.

Thanks,
Welcome to the club don"t miss the up coming club member drive see you on the sand
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep disappearing
Rathica
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:16 pm
Been thanked: 20 times

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi everyone. I'm Rathica and this is my first drive. Really excited 👍🏼
User avatar
Taco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:55 am
Location: Dubai
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 am

Hello everyone,

My (short) name is Tac and call-sign is Taco so it'll be easy to remember :lol:

Although I've been in the UAE for almost 9 years I'm completely new to desert driving. Finally bought a partially capable vehicle (SWB 3.8 Pajero) for the desert and am looking forward to learning slowly under safe conditions and proper guidance. It's my wife's daily driver so the car is and will stay stock, with the exception of front & back after-market skid plates and trimmed front bumper (safety of equipment first right :)).

I already have the basic gear and really looking forward to joining the Super Stars CM Drive this Friday morning. Hopefully, I can qualify to become a Newbie and regularly attend more drives.

I'm super excited to be a part of this wonderful community!
User avatar
giorgio
Advance
Advance
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:04 pm
Has thanked: 487 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 am

Taco wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 am
Hello everyone,

My (short) name is Tac and call-sign is Taco so it'll be easy to remember :lol:

Although I've been in the UAE for almost 9 years I'm completely new to desert driving. Finally bought a partially capable vehicle (SWB 3.8 Pajero) for the desert and am looking forward to learning slowly under safe conditions and proper guidance. It's my wife's daily driver so the car is and will stay stock, with the exception of front & back after-market skid plates and trimmed front bumper (safety of equipment first right :)).

I already have the basic gear and really looking forward to joining the Super Stars CM Drive this Friday morning. Hopefully, I can qualify to become a Newbie and regularly attend more drives.

I'm super excited to be a part of this wonderful community!
Taco welcome to the club looking forward to meet you in person
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep disappearing
Post Reply