Hello from Oggy and driving buddies required for mid week dune bashing.

Oggy

Hi,

Ive been in Dubai for 18 months now. I've had a great time with friends and neighbours on drives to fossil rock and some solo mountain trips.

I recently changed from a trusty LR3 V8 to a new JK Jeep, I'm keen to join as many organised rides as I can but work and family commitments mean weekends can be difficult. I often have time during the week for all day rides of just a simple quick blast.

Regards,

Oggy (Steve)
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

OggyAv8er;12936 wrote:Hi,

Ive been in Dubai for 18 months now. I've had a great time with friends and neighbours on drives to fossil rock and some solo mountain trips.

I recently changed from a trusty LR3 V8 to a new JK Jeep, I'm keen to join as many organised rides as I can but work and family commitments mean weekends can be difficult. I often have time during the week for all day rides of just a simple quick blast.

Regards,

Oggy (Steve)

Hi Oggy , welcome to the club and your second family, hope to see you soon on the sand
kindly read all blogs summarized in this thread - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...Most-Important
What goes around , comes around .
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Welcome to the beautiful club Oggy.... see you in sand.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

OggyAv8er;12936 wrote:Hi,

Regards,

Oggy (Steve)
Welcome on board Oggy, we're glad we have a new friend joining the sand people. Your situation is not unique, many of us struggle to balance work and family commitments with weekend trips, and would get opportunities to drive mid-week instead. Regrettably, the club does not organize trips during the week, and therefore I would suggest that once you met the guys a couple of times, you can coordinate some trips privately. However, using the forum to advertize these isn't encouraged because they won't be under the Almost4x4 banner, but by all means you can use Private Messages (PMs), facebook or any other means.

I hope I was helpful and see ya in the sand
Joseph Jacob
Club Member
Club Member

Hello, I just bought a jeep wrangler and i'm looking for some group events like what you have mentioned. I stay in Dubai. Please let me know if you can help.

Rgds

Joe
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Welcome to the Club buddy..

read out the below helpful link
http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...Most-Important.

For group events, Weekly Newbie trips would be posted on the Forum every Sunday or Monday. Keep yourslef active to register at the earliest, as there would be limited seats.

See you in sand.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Joseph Jacob;12967 wrote:Hello, I just bought a jeep wrangler and i'm looking for some group events like what you have mentioned. I stay in Dubai. Please let me know if you can help.

Rgds

Joe
Hi Joe , welcome to the club and your second family, hope to see you soon on the sand
kindly read all blogs summarized in this thread - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...Most-Important
What goes around , comes around .
Oggy

Thanks Guys, if I can see a ride this Saturday I'm free, if not I'm going to be out with some neighbours as usual.

Also if I can figure out the signature block I'll put a note on there so people know I'm up for mid week rides. :027: