Follow The Challengers

Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Dear Members,

This trip is dedicated to both our fresh newbies and seasoned ones.
Convoy 1: Drivers with up to 10 drives ( 8 CARS ONLY )
Convoy 2: Drivers with more than 10 drives ( 8 CARS ONLY )

participants WILL BE STRICTLY LIMITED to 8 cars in each convoy , there will not be a waiting list or extra convoys . Newbies who register in the wrong convoy will be removed ( not shifted ) .

To register for the trip, please follow thishttps://almost4x4.com/trip_system/trip2.php?id=770.

See you all on sand.
What goes around , comes around .
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[mention]James[/mention] Trpelyod Wip:
I do apologize in advance as I saw this chat some 400 messages back but I still do not get this. Registration at 6pm on the button and the 10+ 8 convoy drive is already full with no options for another convoy or waiting list to see if there is demand for another convoy, interesting. Not sure I quite follow the philosophy here but I do understand this is a service being provided for free out of the kindness of the committed. What are the alternatives I ask?
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[mention]JockJKU[/mention]
It just occurred to me that you might not be able to see the inter section and maybe not see the trip description so apologies if this is the case and i jumped down your throat a bit too quick!! Friday is one full event at which all levels will drive simultaneously!
it is a GPS competition for inters of over 70km for which more than 15 inters have registered. Advance drivers will follow the inters, again going solo, and earn points by rescuing stuck inters. Then the newbie convoys will sweep the entire route. As there is an Inter solo and advance solo happening at the same time as the newbie convoys there is no support for newbies other than the marshal wading the convoy, hence only 8 seats.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Abu Jimmy wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:52 am Dear Intermediate and Advance drivers,

It is time to challenge some of your off-roading skills: Navigational, and Solo driving.

We prepared a challenge for you, as the title says, to drive solo in a certain area from point A to point B. You will utilize the skills you have gained over time, by thinking quickly instead of panicking, making fast decisions, and navigating using your GPS.

Before the drive, you will get the GPS points. It will be only you, your car, your tools, and sand ( only proper dedicated GPS devices will be allowed to participate )

The scenario is as follows:

We all meet up at the meeting point.
All challengers will be starting in 5 minutes intervals towards the destination.
If you get stuck on your way between checkpoints, you have the option of self-recovery or inform the sweep team at base camp about your situation.
There will be a sweep convoy starting after the last challenger, driving the same route, so they can collect all stuck drivers or broken cars.
You’ll receive the GPS points by PM

Advance Drivers are going to play the same game but we are going to give them POINTS by the number of people they rescue so the more you rescue the more points you will score at the end of the game.

Make sure to have your vehicle in perfect mechanical condition , as it will be you and your car only .

For registration , Please follow this https://almost4x4.com/trip_system/trip2.php?id=769

Good luck.
Smithhadl
Club Member
Club Member

Hi,

I am very keen to join this trip however I suspect I don't have half the gear and am a total newbie - is this still okay? that is, will the group be able / have the time to help with the basics, e.g. lower (and pump back up) my tire pressure etc.?
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Smithhadl wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:49 pm Hi,

I am very keen to join this trip however I suspect I don't have half the gear and am a total newbie - is this still okay? that is, will the group be able / have the time to help with the basics, e.g. lower (and pump back up) my tire pressure etc.?
Hey [mention]Smithhadl[/mention],

The registration for this drive is already full also since its a full day event there were very limited number of seats for this drive which were taken within 3 seconds of the drive registration opening.

Please keep an eye on the Upcoming Events section for Club Member drives or you can join us on our Treasure Hunt event as a spectator/audience. Its a family event, bring your whole family. To register for the event please click here

See you in the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills