November Stars - Club Member Drive

Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Members,

This drive is dedicated to our Club Members who are willing to make his/her first step to driving in the desert.

The trip involves a comprehensive training about driving in the desert and tools used in offroading and complimented with a drive to practice these learnings.

If you like to go further and qualify for Newbie level drives, you need to complete your tools and ask one of the marshals to check it after the drive.

The crew, intermediate and advanced drivers are welcomed for rescue training & support.

For more information about our club, member grading system and reqired tools, please check the links below.

About Almost4x4 Off-Road Club
Members' Grading System
Newbie Tools / Recovery Equipment

To register for this drive please follow this LINK.

See you on Sand
Last edited by Solmaz on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saeed FJ
Advance
Advance

Melhamawy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm Gents, I am not able to register to the CM November drive. Once I click on the link mentioned, it takes me to a page where I can have to log in again. when I try to log in, I get a notification saying "Username or password is wrong. Try again or contact your system administrator". can you please help?
Good you write it here
The Organizer will help you A.S.A.P.
And send Privet Message to [mention]admin[/mention] explaining your case.. that will help as will
Last edited by Saeed FJ on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abu Madi
yellow FJ (Bumblebee)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Melhamawy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm Gents, I am not able to register to the CM November drive. Once I click on the link mentioned, it takes me to a page where I can have to log in again. when I try to log in, I get a notification saying "Username or password is wrong. Try again or contact your system administrator". can you please help?
Hey [mention]Melhamawy[/mention],

Thank you for posting about your log in problem here.

Please send a private message to admin by clicking on the top right corner of the screen on the forum.

Then click the New PM icon and send a private message to admin mentioning the details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlueX

Good Morning,
, I wanted to ask for suction cup, I’ve been to dragon mart however I didn’t manage to get and was looking in the tools / machinery equipment section. I ‘ve been to off-road zone and ACE in Dalma Mall however couldn’t find any I don’t want to drill hole in my car basically. Kindly advice.
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

apoorv.mehrotra wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:16 am Good Morning,
, I wanted to ask for suction cup, I’ve been to dragon mart however I didn’t manage to get and was looking in the tools / machinery equipment section. I ‘ve been to off-road zone and ACE in Dalma Mall however couldn’t find any I don’t want to drill hole in my car basically. Kindly advice.
Hi Apoorv,

The suction cup you will get is not be specialized for flag poles, it's the suction cup used to hold floor tiles or glass, etc.. and you tie the flag pole to it with whatever idea you get, I've seen cable ties, some metal bracket or even duct tape,

Regarding drilling a hole, none of us drills holes in our cars, what you see is a flag mount bracket that made specifically for each car model and can be sold in most offroad garages, it's a more permanent and durable solution than suction cups,

Hope that helps!
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

apoorv.mehrotra wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:16 am Good Morning,
Dear [mention]apoorv.mehrotra[/mention],

For the suction cup you need to go back to Dragon Mart, and find the big ATV shop which is located in the inner area, I mean its not on the main center line. Just ask the customer service staff for "THE DESERT BUGGY SHOP" and they will guide you.

In the shop the flags are kept on the left side of the entrance. probably costing somewhere around 25/-, then ask the shop staff for the suction cup. They should recommend you a shop which is right opposite to their shop or in that vicinity.

The suction cup you are looking for looks something like this:

Show the flag pole that you just bought to the shop staff there and they will tell you how to attaché the flag pole to the suction cup. I drove using the same technic for a long time and it never came off

See you in the sand
hanyhasssan2001

Hello All,

I have signed up for the November Stars drive.

Is the event still a go?

And should I go out and pick up the list of Recovery Equipment?

regards,
Hany
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

hanyhasssan2001 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:31 am Hello All,

I have signed up for the November Stars drive.

Is the event still a go?

And should I go out and pick up the list of Recovery Equipment?

regards,
Hany
Dear Hany,

Yes the event is still a go.

Once the registration is closed (Date shown in the in the trip description) you will receive a PM for the meeting point time and other details (usually Wednesday or Thursday evening.

If you want to get your first star and be able to join upcoming Newbie level drives you need to complete your tools and get them checked by a Marshall & Explorer after this event. We usually have a newbie drive the next week after this CM for the new members so I recommend you complete your tools and get your first star before this drive.

Thanks
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Many asking from where to get the trolley jack ?

The Orange one , you could find it in red in some shop but remember this one is Short and high.

Good luck
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Batfink

Hi, I would like to register for the newbie drive but when I click the link and enter my login credentials I keep getting a message saying invalid username and password.
I sent a PM to admin but appears the message has stayed in outbox.
Can someone please advise on what to do.

Thank you.