New Stars

Dave
Advance
Advance

A little JCB would be fun [MENTION=10075]Mark[/MENTION]B. But @diemma was right. It's a Land Rover Defender. Rather than continuously complaining about the slow pace of drives I shall now be complaining that the pace is too fast!! :grin:
SANMOI

Hi!

I'm a new club member and registered for this training drive a couple of days ago. I was (of course) on the waiting list (CN Maybe). Now it seem to me that the layout has changed but I cannot quite tell what my fate would be...
I am 11th on what looks to be the main list. Would that mean that the convoy size was increased beyond 10 cars or that I will not get to join until another driver leaves above me?

:graffiti:

PS: LR defenders are awesome stuff. Surely you'll have to shut the AC down (by 45+) to get past the dunes but hey... no guts no glory
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=SANMOI;47063]Hi!

I'm a new club member and registered for this training drive a couple of days ago. I was (of course) on the waiting list (CN Maybe). Now it seem to me that the layout has changed but I cannot quite tell what my fate would be...
I am 11th on what looks to be the main list. Would that mean that the convoy size was increased beyond 10 cars or that I will not get to join until another driver leaves above me?

:graffiti:

PS: LR defenders are awesome stuff. Surely you'll have to shut the AC down (by 45+) to get past the dunes but hey... no guts no glory[/quote]

Hi [MENTION=11295]SANMOI[/MENTION], you are on the confirmed list. Have fun!
Saifarif
Club Member
Club Member

Hi,

Are all the items mentioned in the "off-roading equipment" list mandatory for tomorrow's drive?

I'm not able to get my hands on a flag for my Pajero.

Saif
Dave
Advance
Advance

No [MENTION=11364]Saifarif[/MENTION]. Tomorrow is an introduction to the club and desert environment. If you are happy and wish to continue to drive with the club to gain your first star and drive as a "Newbie" you will then be asked to obtain the basic safety and recovery equipment. All this will be explained tomorrow.
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=Dave;47067]No [MENTION=11364]Saifarif[/MENTION]. Tomorrow is an introduction to the club and desert environment. If you are happy and wish to continue to drive with the club to gain your first star and drive as a "Newbie" you will then be asked to obtain the basic safety and recovery equipment. All this will be explained tomorrow.[/quote]

Saifarif, I have a spare flag and suction cup that you can have. I'll bring it tomorrow and it will be enough for you to drive until you can get kitted out properly.
Saifarif
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks Dave.
Saifarif
Club Member
Club Member

Appreciate it JockJKU!
SANMOI

[quote=dlemma;47065]Hi @SANMOI, you are on the confirmed list. Have fun![/quote]

Great.
Thanks for the explanation. See you tomorrow.
mahesh_bmj
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Saifarif;47066]Hi,

Are all the items mentioned in the "off-roading equipment" list mandatory for tomorrow's drive?

I'm not able to get my hands on a flag for my Pajero.

Saif[/quote]

Saifarif