Adrenaline Rush

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Yoghybear;43353]Dear Newbie Drivers, early breakfast special designed for you......get ready :008:
Int + Adv, if you like to join you are more than welcome!!
See you in the sand

PS read carefully the instruction and register in the right convoy!![/quote]

Thank you :like:
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Ramstest
Club Member
Club Member

... Got the equipment required and done many drives with clubs such as e offroarder and dubai offroaders as well as with friends
Ramstest
Club Member
Club Member

.Got the equipment required and done many drives with clubs such as e offroarder and dubai offroaders as well as with friends
It says newbie drive 10- is category 1 10+ category two so thats why i applied.
Fits my schedule perfect aswell as i have another drive in the late afternoon
Ramstest
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=Agalon;43364]Hi @Ramstest,

This drive is for newbies who, made the CM drive and the tools check and got their first star. Unfortunately you cannot register because you are a club member. Please check the link below:

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ing-System

Regards.[/quote]

.Got the equipment required and done many drives with clubs such as e offroarder and dubai offroaders as well as with friends
Please advice
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Ramstest;43370].Got the equipment required and done many drives with clubs such as e offroarder and dubai offroaders as well as with friends
Please advice[/quote]

Just to prevent any misunderstanding, the stated number of drives are in respect to the newbie drives you made with almost 4x4. This is the policy of the club for all our new members aside from how much experience they have (I can assure you, you are not alone :) ). Consider that as a introduction meeting to the club, the people, the rules we follow etc. Also it is the time for the marshals to inspect the drivers and their cars for their skills, capabilities etc.

So, better to keep an eye for a CM drive to start driving with us. Hope to see you in.

Welcome to the family :thumbsup:

Regards.
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
Ramstest
Club Member
Club Member

This drive is for newbies who, made the CM drive and the tools check and got their first star. Unfortunately you cannot register because you are a club member. Please check the link below:

Regards.[/quote]

[quote=Agalon;43372]Just to prevent any misunderstanding, the stated number of drives are in respect to the newbie drives you made with almost 4x4. This is the policy of the club for all our new members aside from how much experience they have (I can assure you, you are not alone :) ). Consider that as a introduction meeting to the club, the people, the rules we follow etc. Also it is the time for the marshals to inspect the drivers and their cars for their skills, capabilities etc.

So, better to keep an eye for a CM drive to start driving with us. Hope to see you in.

Welcome to the family :thumbsup:

Regards.[/quote]
Please feel free to delete this account then i would accept a newbie drive but to start over with tire pressure and such is just to much.
Regards
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Hi Ramstet,

I understand your position, but look at it from a different perspective. What if you were allowed to join this newbee drive (along with other CMs demanding for it - to make things equally fair), BUT you weren’t what you claim to be, and/or don’t have the specific equipment the club requires? A lot of people show up with the “know it all” attitude but ultimately know little. Some actually have the experience, but how can marshals know, if they never met you?! (That’s what CM drives are for – to get to know each other first) At speaking everyone is good. A real off-roader, regardless of experience is humble and should accept/understand this.

Now, if you hypothetically were allowed to join the drive, and you ran into difficulties due to a different approach to various situations, you could possibly pose safety risks to your self, others and ruin newbees, and the marshal’s morning, would that be fair??

Off-roading as you may know can and is at times a dangerous activity, so safety should always be prioritized. CM drives are not for “tire pressure and such” only but also to clarify what and what isn’t safe, allowed and various approaches to different scenarios in club’s drives.

Cheers
Ramstest
Club Member
Club Member

Regards.[/quote]

[quote=Zorro;43374]Hi Ramstet,

I understand your position, but look at it from a different perspective. What if you were allowed to join this newbee drive (along with other CMs demanding for it - to make things equally fair), BUT you weren’t what you claim to be, and/or don’t have the specific equipment the club requires? A lot of people show up with the “know it all” attitude but ultimately know little. Some actually have the experience, but how can marshals know, if they never met you?! (That’s what CM drives are for – to get to know each other first) At speaking everyone is good. A real off-roader, regardless of experience is humble and should accept/understand this.

Now, if you hypothetically were allowed to join the drive, and you ran into difficulties due to a different approach to various situations, you could possibly pose safety risks to your self, others and ruin newbees, and the marshal’s morning, would that be fair??

Off-roading as you may know can and is at times a dangerous activity, so safety should always be prioritized. CM drives are not for “tire pressure and such” only but also to clarify what and what isn’t safe, allowed and various approaches to different scenarios in club’s drives.

Cheers[/quote]
I get the point but even advanced lvl get stuck as well as ive seen marshals rolling their cars, regardless of years or how modded the car is fact is you cant guarentee not to get stuck, car is always at the risk of a break down regardless age brand or when last service was done.
Thats what makes it fun, you will always find yourself in a situation you have not been it before and the more hours you have behind the wheel will help you to narrow down the options what should be done but bottom line is sometimes shitt goes wrong for everyone.
I love my car and have no plans on ruining it before it even turns a year 😁
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Ramstest;43375]I get the point but even advanced lvl get stuck as well as ive seen marshals rolling their cars, regardless of years or how modded the car is fact is you cant guarentee not to get stuck, car is always at the risk of a break down regardless age brand or when last service was done.
Thats what makes it fun, you will always find yourself in a situation you have not been it before and the more hours you have behind the wheel will help you to narrow down the options what should be done but bottom line is sometimes shitt goes wrong for everyone.
I love my car and have no plans on ruining it before it even turns a year [/quote]

Dear Ramstest,
I understand your point, but the problem is not getting stuck or not or whatever, CM as mentioned before, is to know eachother first, regardless the experience, and mainly the Club rules.
We have many Clubs in UAE and in Dubai, everyone has different rules and approach to the various situations, but don't get me wrong, I am not saying that A is better than B and B is worse than C, at all, simply that everyone as different policy.
It is important, for the safety of everybody to know the Club rules, otherwise we will be facing wild situations.
Said that, if you are an experienced offroader, it is possible, after the CM, to ask for a "Marshal challenge" and try your chance to get upgraded in a fast way.
Again, CM is not to learn how to deflate your tires and about pressure, is mainly to understand Club rules in terms of safety, driving in convoy, etc.....regardless the driver skills, car and modification/upgrade.
Cheers
Ankit

Thanks Yoghybear for the Trip. This will be my 3rd newbie drive with the club, hoping to cross +10 mark soon :004:.
Will miss all the Marshals and members travelling to Salalah same day. All the best Guys :thumbsup:.

Drive safely and have fun.
Cheers.