Capriland First Contact

shahidimran
Club Member
Club Member

Thank you so much alshamsi and bu adam.... But if i tried to put my name then i could be wrong becoz thread is already closed.... 2nd thing may be my writing format can be wrong.... Or so many things can be happend... But if i am expressing my own feelings that i missed the trip bcoz i was late or just changed the words that may be people are more quick then me.... So what is wrong in it that a person should tell me in such a way that it felt like insulting.... My comments was just llike a friendly and more then that like a family that ohhh i missed again the great company .... Any one can read my comments and then tell me that should i deserve for the coments which marshals specifically sent for me..... @caprihorse even i didnt met you and dont know a single word about you... Havent seen any of your pic but still you were the first person i liked in this club ..... I still remember your signature and was assuming your personality would be the same alshamsi even know abt it ... I told him that abt you and he said yes its caprihorse.... Till that time i was anxious to meet you.... Latter on i have seen that u are marshal as well....even i dont know what a marshal is...... Anyhow for me the respect is the more important thing on which i cannot compromise at all....At the last you said that i have to think once again about joining this group...... Caprihorse if this forum belongs to you only ....then for sure i am at wrong place......
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Capri,

Since you said this thread is open to discussions, please find below my thoughts..

[quote=caprihorse;16124]
We are creating our convoys, where all drivers should have the same skills, to have a fun, when driving, and not to pull somebody every 5 minutes out of the sand.[/quote]

I think the reason we need the number of drives is because we want to understand the skill level, but the problem i guess is that the drives are specified as newbee+ but it is not specified who is qualified for newbee+ drive. we have newbee who has one drive and a newbee who has 25+ drives. This I guess is the problem! Since the intermediate level is so high, we maybe should have a grade in between Newbee and Intermediate.

Also for registrations for the drives, i dunno if we can consider using the poll option, where one simply puts in his vote to attend...
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=CAMEL;16129]Hi Capri,

Since you said this thread is open to discussions, please find below my thoughts..

I think the reason we need the number of drives is because we want to understand the skill level, but the problem i guess is that the drives are specified as newbee+ but it is not specified who is qualified for newbee+ drive. we have newbee who has one drive and a newbee who has 25+ drives. This I guess is the problem! Since the intermediate level is so high, we maybe should have a grade in between Newbee and Intermediate.

Also for registrations for the drives, i dunno if we can consider using the poll option, where one simply puts in his vote to attend...[/quote]

Camel,

wake up...Good Morning..!!
:011:

see below dude:
[TABLE="class: cms_table"]
[TR]
[TD]Level:[/TD]
[TD]Newbies+ (If you think that you are at this level, you may register, however minimum 4 trips are required to be qualified)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

so, didn't read the Thread completely as well.....GOTCHA:boxing:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=bobpavan;16130]Camel,

wake up...Good Morning..!!
:011:

see below dude:
[TABLE="class: cms_table"]
[TR]
[TD]Level:[/TD]
[TD]Newbies+ (If you think that you are at this level, you may register, however minimum 4 trips are required to be qualified)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/quote]

Hahah...not really, i was not trying to talk about this thread, but the broader issue!! The reason we have this long description of the qualifications of the drivers for each drive is because of the classifications.

My point is that if there were a category of drivers who have enough experience could be classified into a group with another grade, so avoiding confusion!
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=shahidimran;16128]Thank you so much alshamsi and bu adam.... But if i tried to put my name then i could be wrong becoz thread is already closed.... 2nd thing may be my writing format can be wrong.... Or so many things can be happend... But if i am expressing my own feelings that i missed the trip bcoz i was late or just changed the words that may be people are more quick then me.... So what is wrong in it that a person should tell me in such a way that it felt like insulting.... My comments was just llike a friendly and more then that like a family that ohhh i missed again the great company .... Any one can read my comments and then tell me that should i deserve for the coments which marshals specifically sent for me..... @caprihorse even i didnt met you and dont know a single word about you... Havent seen any of your pic but still you were the first person i liked in this club ..... I still remember your signature and was assuming your personality would be the same alshamsi even know abt it ... I told him that abt you and he said yes its caprihorse.... Till that time i was anxious to meet you.... Latter on i have seen that u are marshal as well....even i dont know what a marshal is...... Anyhow for me the respect is the more important thing on which i cannot compromise at all....At the last you said that i have to think once again about joining this group...... Caprihorse if this forum belongs to you only ....then for sure i am at wrong place......[/quote]
@Shahidimran
When I joined the club I was having almost same feeling as yours. It was seemed that Capri is rude. Once When I requested him to add my name in the list as I was unable to use copy-paste technology. He replied, “I am not your secretary”.I was just in the middle to reconsider the joining, I received a fone call from a very senior marshal to make me understand the rudeness of Cpari.Today I am one of the most regular members of the club.
My friend you are totally wrong.Here you need to understand the philosophy of the behavior of Capri which is very simple.
Almost all of the regular members of the club consider his “harsh” and “rude” words as a Father is advising his son.We never mind it. We really enjoy it.We never take it serious as you are thinking.His comments make the thread spicy.
If you just have look on old posts, you will find words “PAPA DUCK”, “MAMA DUCK” ,“Mother” and “MAMA”.These all words are used for Busalem and Capri.
This web is totally dead without Capri. We all love him a lot and reason is very clear.His services for the members. You will come to know very soon.
On the behalf of club I can say that we have a great respect for new-comers.We welcome you with open arms.Forget everything and join the club with same passion.
@Capri
I want to request our great marshal to be bit polite. Not for me, not for Alfalasi,Dl,Fida,Bob,Miss D,camel,DC but only for new members. I am afraid club may lose some percentage of new members if it continues. Decision is yours.
(I wanted to write more to make my friend understand but I am not feeling well,on the bed at home’).
FSL

Caprihorse might be not-so-friendly for some people with bad reading habits or who find it hard to follow simple instructions on the forum.
But out in the desert, he is your bestest friend, and there is no doubt about that...

Just wait till you get stuck in sand :059: and you'll understand what i mean.
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=CAMEL;16129]Hi Capri,

Also for registrations for the drives, i dunno if we can consider using the poll option, where one simply puts in his vote to attend...[/quote]

Point 1: Kindly read through the older threads (atleast from the date/day that you and me started driving with Almost, as we would be aware of). Organizers have mentioned the pre-requisites in order for us to take part / register for a particular Drive and these pre-requisites are very clear and self explanatory w/o confusions. Consider, we are allowed to drive on a Newbie+ trips means we have fulfilled the prerequisites and we are Newbie+ drivers, which means your question of who is a newbie or newbie+ has been answered.

**Examples can be provided if needed
:045:.

Point 2: Probably the grade b/w Newbie and Intermediate could be Newbie+, which we all know and classification of drivers being Newbie or Newbie+ is understood when we are allowed to take part in those Level of drives respectively by considering the pre-requisites mentioned in Point 1.

Point3: if we consider poll option, where one simply puts in his vote to attend...” then discussion of point1 & point2 are Invalid because, in voting system-we cannot mention the number of drives (*), but just vote confirming that we would attend or not which means we are back to Square1.

The above explanation is just my understanding and i personally think the current method being followed by Marshalls are in a VERY SIMPLE layman's language and any new comer should be able to understand UNLESS HE/SHE DOESN’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD THOROUGHLY BEFORE DOING AN ACTION.

However, we can still wait to see if Marshalls have any comments towards your thoughts and my opinion.

Regards,
Bob

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lolz, very interesting discussion. For me Capri is a like a father figure and teacher, may be some time I make him very angry.

From my first ever thread (http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... Regulation) I started thinking how he will be when I will meet him and even I told Hassan that may be this EXPLORER dont like my name because he cant hate my face as he never met me.

But frankly when I met him in my first drive my opinion was changed TOTALLY. I always prayed that I do almost all drives with him.
Today I am explorer and whatever good skills I have in off roading more than 80% contribution is going to Capri, Our opinions can be different on different issues but I love and respect him (by the way I am not gay so don't consider love in that sense hehehe :)-

WHATEVER HAPPEN CAPRI IS PILLAR LIKE BU SALEM IS THE FOUNDATION OF OUR THIS VERY FAMILY.

Hamdan
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm sorry, my friends, I will be busy at work see you soon :012: