Xterra question

Jeff

Hi, Milan. Good to see you again on Friday but sorry we didn't have more time to speak. Could you fill us in here about the mods you had done (and the costs, if you don't mind sharing).

Thanks.
Jeff

Riadh, here is the link I mentioned regarding a solution for the squeaky suspension: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3463
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Jeff;6901]Riadh, here is the link I mentioned regarding a solution for the squeaky suspension: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3463[/quote]
Jeff, WD40, does not solve jumping rear suspension. Definitely it does need to be replaced...
Riadh

Thanks Jeff for the Info. but where we could get that product in UAE?

For Milan X, it's a very famous X indeed. I found this in RAMY4x4 FB page
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 427&type=3
u will find the list of job done under the pix

I called today RAMY4x4 and i will get quotation for all suspension work (front and rear) that would enhance car driving and stability and lift it up by 2 to 3 inch.
I will forward it to u on ur PM as soon as i get it. I could give u the mobile number of the guy from Ramy4x4 but i dont know if it's the right place to do it. so if u prefer i can PM u.
cheers
Jeff

Hey, Capri. Can you explain a jumping suspension? When I google this phrase I get hits on discussions initiated by people wanting to modify vehicles so that they will be better able to make jumps. Somehow, I don't think this is what you mean.

Thanks.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Jeff;6908]Hey, Capri. Can you explain a jumping suspension? When I google this phrase I get hits on discussions initiated by people wanting to modify vehicles so that they will be better able to make jumps. Somehow, I don't think this is what you mean.

Thanks.[/quote]
Jumping, in my English, and I'm sorry for that, means that the rear suspension is not stable enough to follow the car movements and actually it is turning the car to over-steering...
Jeff

Thanks for the qualification. (Sometimes even native English speakers have trouble explaining things, as I'm sure you've noticed.)

I have noticed on a couple of occasions while driving in the sand that when making a turn the rear tends to go too far in one direction. I have to compensate by turning in the opposite direction to bring it back into line. Is this what you mean?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Jeff;6910]Thanks for the qualification. (Sometimes even native English speakers have trouble explaining things, as I'm sure you've noticed.)

I have noticed on a couple of occasions while driving in the sand that when making a turn the rear tends to go too far in one direction. I have to compensate by turning in the opposite direction to bring it back into line. Is this what you mean?[/quote]
Exactly explained, soft rear suspension, however we cannot generalize it. really it depends on conditions of sand, similar to snow and ice... Probably you would need to understand if such movement is 'normal or abnormal'. You are driving the car and you know it at best.
Jeff

[quote=caprihorse;6911]Exactly explained, soft rear suspension, however we cannot generalize it. really it depends on conditions of sand, similar to snow and ice... Probably you would need to understand if such movement is 'normal or abnormal'. You are driving the car and you know it at best.[/quote]

I was thinking along the same lines - how do I know if it's the surface conditions, the suspension, or perhaps some combination? I guess only lots of driving experience will tell, including experience with other cars in order to be able to make comparisons.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

Jeff check the below link for some suspension packages, hope you will find what you are looking for :027:

http://www.mebar-auto.com/categories/Suspension-/Nissan-/Xterra-%5B05%252d11%5D/Suspension-Packages/