I like sand storms

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Some people will think I'm crazy :030: for having this kind of mood because most of the people in the region of the world like the RAIN .... well let us think about it !!

After A sand storm ... the dunes go back to the normal shape and sometimes in a challenging shape :045:... which means more fun ... in addition the wind will take out all the water from the sand so it will be soft again and we can have drift drives :058: .Thirdly, have you ever drove in a windy day .... you don't see that much ... which will lead you to use your other skills like navigating , feeling the car while driving & the adrenalin goes to the maximum :051:

I love sandy storms :043:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Mukhallalati Basha
Advance
Advance

lo0o0ol...sounds challenging!

I've never been in such weather, but definitly, i'd love to.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with Shamsi, it's really challenging driving and mainly to the end of the day, when is coming to be dark. The attached picture is from last week trip to Liwa, when the storm arrived later after making chaos in Northern Emirates. :036:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149[/ATTACH]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 1296631834[/IMG][/CENTER]
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was in the same situation last Friday, and one buddy sitting with me on the passenger seat was insisting to talk to the marshal to stop and advise him that its dangerous.
I told him its the marshal who will say stop or carry on so be quiet and fasten the seat belt, lolz.
we drive and we enjoyed alot the sand.
One thing i didn't understand why the sand is hard in sand storm?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=shafiq jan;1762]I was in the same situation last Friday, and one buddy sitting with me on the passenger seat was insisting to talk to the marshal to stop and advise him that its dangerous.
I told him its the marshal who will say stop or carry on so be quiet and fasten the seat belt, lolz.
One thing i didn't understand why the sand is hard in sand storm?[/quote]

Sand is hard on some places, because the light particles are blown away to other places. So immediately after the storm the side of the dune covered from wind is hard and the opposite side directly facing the wind power, has all the powder particles on it and cars are 'deeply digging' in it.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

[quote=shafiq jan;1762]I was in the same situation last Friday, and one buddy sitting with me on the passenger seat was insisting to talk to the marshal to stop and advise him that its dangerous.
One thing i didn't understand why the sand is hard in sand storm?[/quote]

LOL...who was that marshal and what trip was this .....I was on a sandstorm trip last Friday and had a BLAST.....

BTW Mr. Shamsi is the one who creates Sandstorms
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

hahaha, the trip was junior offroader and wasif and Mansoor were the marshals.
In the storm it was more enjoyment......
And specially with you wasif it is always great.

thanks
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

It seems that Wasif the storm maker and he puts the plam on me :057:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=alshamsi_m;1737]Hello Everyone

Some people will think I'm crazy :030: for having this kind of mood because most of the people in the region of the world like the RAIN .... well let us think about it !!

After A sand storm ... the dunes go back to the normal shape and sometimes in a challenging shape :045:... which means more fun ... in addition the wind will take out all the water from the sand so it will be soft again and we can have drift drives :058: .Thirdly, have you ever drove in a windy day .... you don't see that much ... which will lead you to use your other skills like navigating , feeling the car while driving & the adrenalin gos to the maximum :051:

I love sandy storms :043:
[/quote]

كلام كبييييييييير:045:
Desert King
Intermediate
Intermediate

I agree too with Alshamsi.

Let me share some of my experience with you guys. It was on February 2010 at Liwa. We started the drive with sand storm. It was really a challenging drive. Any way at evening we found a place where the wind was not that much strong and set up the tent. Around midnight the scenario completely changed. The wind became very strong and the tent pegs were come out. The Tent was ready to take off. Then we pulled down the tent. That was a very challenging job, because, we were not able to open our eyes due to the sand storm. However we manage to dump the things inside the car and went to sleep inside the car. Now the fun started. Due to the heavy storm the sand was moving from underneath of the tire and forming small dunes around the car. Except me and one of my friends everybody slept in the car like inside a room. We were getting up every one hour and moving our car to a safe place. The people who were slept nicely received morning greetings from newly formed dunes surrounding their car. Either they were not able to open the door or move the car. Please find the attached one of the photo to understand the situation.

But the next day drive was so interesting and challenging as Mr. Alshamsi said, with soft and new dunes. Overall that was a different experience and rare to get it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.