Fox Or King

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

So heres the deal
Its high time i change my shocks/suspension as im running the stock bilstein/mopar ones which are not nice at all
Visited ramy they gave me two options jus change the shocks or the whole setup
this is were my probelm arises i want to put in king shock but in order to do that i need 2.5 inch lift (atleast thats what i understood) and right now im running 2.0 inches.
the only shocks i can use for this are either fox or rancho either its this
or
i change the complete suspension system get a 2.5 inch lift and then i would be able to run king
so heres my question
Switch to fox shocks only?
or
Switch up the whole suspension lift the car 2.5 inch and then run king ?
ps the shocks would cost about(3000) whereas the whole lift kit and king setup would cost around (17.5k)
zeemmee

Also consider Radflo.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=zeemmee;42429]Also consider Radflo.[/quote]
Radflo is kinda out of my budget ....
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

[MENTION=5597]Defragmantor[/MENTION], I had the same chat with [MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] sometimes back around the shocks and the advise was that this is one time investment and you need to do it right since it is a core elements of your offroading. [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] has fox so you may talk to him, I went with Kings (adjustable) based on [MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] advise and I am really happy with it both off-road and on-road and start flying like [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] style ;)). Yes it is costly but it was worth it. good luck.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Mohammad;42448]@Defragmantor, I had the same chat with @strawb sometimes back around the shocks and the advise was that this is one time investment and you need to do it right since it is a core elements of your offroading. @ALKHATIB has fox so you may talk to him, I went with Kings (adjustable) based on @strawb advise and I am really happy with it both off-road and on-road and start flying like @alshamsi_m style ;)). Yes it is costly but it was worth it. good luck.[/quote]

[MENTION=8687]Mohammad[/MENTION] ..... Its nice to know your having fun with KINGS ..... I got me a set and never looked back .....

[MENTION=5597]Defragmantor[/MENTION] ...... Don't let google convince you on how to choose your suspension set-up ...... 99% of the modified JK's which you can find in google and the forums are set-up for rock crawling ...... what we do here can be more so related to Rally Style Hi-Speed BAJA driving ..... so it would be best to see what brands are in that category before deciding on your purchase ...... (Kings, Radflo, Icon ...... just to name a few)

think and decide wisely ..... these things are expensive
Dave
Advance
Advance

[quote=Defragmantor;42439]Radflo is kinda out of my budget ....[/quote]

I have Stage 4 coil over Radflo's on my Patrol. Less budget required than Stage 5. About 50% less! They are set up individually for each car and can be individually adjusted with a choice of around 20 settings. The Stage 5 bypass do require a much larger budget but I believe both options don't require a lift kit to be installed. I am not saying one shock is better than another but I do believe a lift is a disadvantage unless you are determined to fit larger tires. Almost once a month I see a post showing a lifted 4x4 (normally a Jeep!) on its roof after things went wrong on a crest. My only advice would be to avoid lifting your car even more than you require!
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

depends on yr drive style, but 2.5 inch with lift is fare enough for jeep but dont fight and drive it rugh ,

example , my jeep is fully stock and i can drive all styles ( levels ) , so think of your drive style then decide ...

all the best and see u in salalah :patapon: race road hahahahahah
bijubs

I am also planning to go for a best suitable lift and suspension with slight bigger tyre, after resolving my axle issue ( which TE says , bend and not covered by warranty or guarantee , to get it repaired place a police report ).

Expert guidance and advise required to make my mind .. and to take a perfect decision.

i am driving Stock Jeep wrangler 2dr. silver body , black fender - 2014 model.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

I will be going to ramy (garage )and mebar tmmrw to see what suits my jeep the best
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Defragmantor;42992]I will be going to ramy (garage )and mebar tmmrw to see what suits my jeep the best[/quote]

Dear Defrag, as already told you, I tested personally all solutions, and the best one, BY FAR, is Radflo stage 5.
I am speaking about performance point of view ..... of course price are much different, so the point is not what suits better your Jeep, but what suits better your wallet :027: