Metal grinding noise when the front set of tires is tilting

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello there
From the time I've done my reinforcement of the axel there happens to be this grinding sound whenever the front set of my tires tilt or go over as if they were touching is that normal or should i pay a visit back to the garage to get it rectified
regards
Defragmantor
Dave
Advance
Advance

Fortunately I am not a Jeep driver so I am unaccustomed to the many quirks of Jeep ownership. However, any "grinding"' sound surely can't be a good thing. Especially if it is only now occurring after a recent modification or upgrade and wasn't there before?! Maybe PM someone like [MENTION=1788]Paul[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] who seem to know all things Jeep and have more than likely carried out a similar upgrade to their axle. Summer is just around the corner and a desert breakdown is the last thing you want in the hotter months!
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi

YES, get it looked at.

Considering it came, after you did some modification, it should be easy to find.

Any grinding noise is bad. It will possibly go away, when the touching parts have completely eaten each other up..... not good.

Regards
Paul

PS: What axle job did you do?
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Defrag, did you get the Artec system installed by Ramy? You need to have at least 2 1/2" lift to clear the axle. I would go back to Ramy and get them to have a look.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Green Giant;41734]Defrag, did you get the Artec system installed by Ramy? You need to have at least 2 1/2" lift to clear the axle. I would go back to Ramy and get them to have a look.[/quote]
Yea the Artec axle ... Will go back to Em to have a look at
thanx !
desert_jellyfish

[quote=Green Giant;41734]You need to have at least 2 1/2" lift to clear the axle.[/quote]

I'm glad I got to read this comment before getting my axle reinforced!

[quote=Defragmantor;41737]Will go back to Em to have a look at[/quote]

Please let us know the response and how they fix it!
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=desert_jellyfish;41746]I'm glad I got to read this comment before getting my axle reinforced!

Please let us know the response and how they fix it![/quote]

Will do already spoke to dean from Ramy he's booked me an appointment for Wednesday now let's see ... If it's the lift than guess who's shooting higher :p
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

it means time to sell the can and change to rubicon :Psmiley: