Ctis System

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

For along time ive been looking out for an option aftermarket for a Ctis system (central tyre inflation system) as in the mercedes 6x6 were you inflate all four tires with a push of a button.
I had posted this before on the forum but the search results seems to bring nothing up
so far ive found this Bulgarian website which offers the ctis system for sale and says thats its compatible with most cars even sedans, (they even have a video demonstarting on a bmw ) http://ancol-ctis.com/pages/bg/ancol.php ive emailed this guy for a quote and wether this device is compatible or not . if this could work it would be such a great product i highly doubt it would but hey you never know :D however it seems way to complicated for the regular rims and seems like you would need to run a line from the outside of ur tyre which seems like very dangerous (would be very delicate and prone to break off easily)
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx_MnRvObZY
heres the demonstration video
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

Power Experts in Dubai they offer such services
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Mazaaj;40555]Power Experts in Dubai they offer such services[/quote]
Yes they do (the video they have is amazing) however this is what i was taking about a hose going from the outside to the moddile of your tyre (thats what i wanna eliminate)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is a company ITSC (+97143613301) in Dubai, who is doing this. It's based on German PTG system and in principal it is very similar to the system I had before, except that they are able to hide all the tubing.
Dave
Advance
Advance

To me it seems a better idea keeping things on your 4x4 as simple and least complicated as possible. More mods generally means more likelihood of things going wrong. Having CTIS seems a great idea but clearly no one has come up with a simple generic system or we would be seeing a lot more cars here in the UAE using it. I think for now the old fashioned way of deflating and inflating is the best option. I have seen a Ford F350 with the CTIS installed but as Defrag stated it comes with all the lines exposed outside the truck. Clip one bush and it could all go wrong fast. Compounded by the fact it looked a messy and unfinished job.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Dave;40569]To me it seems a better idea keeping things on your 4x4 as simple and least complicated as possible. More mods generally means more likelihood of things going wrong. Having CTIS seems a great idea but clearly no one has come up with a simple generic system or we would be seeing a lot more cars here in the UAE using it. I think for now the old fashioned way of deflating and inflating is the best option. I have seen a Ford F350 with the CTIS installed but as Defrag stated it comes with all the lines exposed outside the truck. Clip one bush and it could all go wrong fast. Compounded by the fact it looked a messy and unfinished job.[/quote]
I think I've seen it on the same f-350 ur talking bout (diesel engine truck) driven by a british guy who apparently happened to be there during the emsf rally can't recall which one.
I completely agree with you regarding the keeping it simple part but what if there was a reliable enough system which we could use . I know its a long shot but hey doesn't hurt in trying :D
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with Dave, better to keep things simple. And the smartest thing is to look at the habits of our marshals during off-road, so far this would save you time, effort and money. Now I agree that, for some of us, it is less comfortable while inflate/deflate to flex the legs giving challenges to the lower legs muscles and flexing toes to their limits but since humans are going through evolution since decades, there might be a new off-roaders species. I know someone who is already modified :thumbsup:
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=MOMO;40574]I agree with Dave, better to keep things simple. And the smartest thing is to look at the habits of our marshals during off-road, so far this would save you time, effort and money. Now I agree that, for some of us, it is less comfortable while inflate/deflate to flex the legs giving challenges to the lower legs muscles and flexing toes to their limits but since humans are going through evolution since decades, there might be a new off-roaders species. I know someone who is already modified :thumbsup:[/quote]
You sounded so rude but at the same time sugar coated it to an extent were it wasn't rude lol :p Loving what u did there :D