Nissan Patrol powered by jet fuel

zeemmee

Nissan Patrol powered by jet fuel :011:

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2012/08 ... -jet-fuel/

:029::029::029: :011:
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

so many loop holes in that story - first off Jet fuel (JP-8 or Jet-A) is alot like diesel fuel just cost alot more. In the US military we were only suppose to use JP-8 in normal diesel engines. But you have to be careful before of the prolong damage it does to the cylinder walls because of the poor lubricating traits.

Also from the picture it just looks like a big turbo was mounted to that engine and I wish I could find customers who are willing to spend 210,000 on stupid upgrades. We just got done making another class-1 mrap with 1100lbs of torque but still waiting for the axles to show up that can handle the power.
ace84

wat they mean by jet fuel is the Q16 fuel that is sold in the aftermarket shops. it comes in a blue barrel. most highly modified cars use this as the octane and ethanol are ridiculously high in the Q16 which in turn gives quicker detonation and combustion which gives the car more power.
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

Back in the US I ran my grand national on AVGAS - 110LL (parents owned a small airport so got it at cost), use to be funny watching kids put the stuff in their tuned civic's and watch their cat just melt.