New rule for using services of illegal car washers

FSL

[LEFT]Sharjah: Motorists and residents will now be fined for using the services of illegal car washers
(Gulf News Article)

[/LEFT]
Sharjah: Motorists and residents will now be fined for using the services of illegal car washers and for spilling water on to streets.Sharjah Municipality Tuesday announced that they launched a long-term campaign to prevent the spillage of water on streets that has become a regular sight in front of villas and near residential buildings.

“We have started carrying out intense inspections in all neighbourhoods to mainly stop workers from wasting water while washing cars on the streets. Wasting water is not only economically wasteful but it also damages the infrastructure and ruins the image of the emirate,” said Sultan Al Mualla, director general of Sharjah Municipality. Al Mualla stressed that motorists will be slapped with a fine of Dh250 if they pay people, who are not affiliated with an authorised company, to clean their vehicles.Residents will also be fined Dh500 if they, or their house help, accumulate a great deal of water on to the streets either by washing their vehicles in the driveway or negligently leaving their water hose running.“

Watchmen and security guards will also be fined Dh500 if municipal inspectors find that they are carelessly wasting a lot of water to clean buildings or entrance of buildings, which then spills out onto the streets,” he said.The campaign also aims to prevent the employment of illegal residents and if they are caught red handed, their equipment will be confiscated and they will be referred to the relevant authorities.

The campaign is held in conjunction with the General Directorate of Naturalisation and Residency in Sharjah, the Ministry of Labour and Sharjah Police, to ensure that the workers cleaning vehicles on the streets are not illegal residents.Al Mualla further added that the municipality is exerting their efforts to provide water and services to residents, but that such negligent practice by residents and illegal car washers can cause damage to their facilities and needs to be regularly maintained.
zeemmee

Hell ya :055: ? Seriously? fine the rain & stagnant water collected aftermath :015:
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

clean your cars in yr villas or in the parking buildings of where u live , so u can avoid this looooooooool :010: shshshshshsh dont tell anyone
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Such a law, not a rule, is applied many years in Europe. Try to wash your car in front of the house, you'll get such a fine, that next time you'll think twice to do it again. I like this new regulation in UAE :045:
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

LOL...in abu dhabi they arrest the poor chap washing your car and deport him.....its a bit too harsh and sad taking in to account the fact that thy are hardly paid iwnough in thier day job and are only trying to supplement their income
FSL

i can't comment on the issues regarding their legal status but they normally wash one car with 1 bucket of water. On the other hand if you take the car to a car wash station, saving the water is the last thing in their mind.

So will we see a regulation on that too in future???
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=FSL;12532]i can't comment on the issues regarding their legal status but they normally wash one car with 1 bucket of water. Comparatively if you take the car to a car wash station, saving the water is the last thing in their mind.

So will we see a regulation on that too in future???[/quote]
Normally with 1 bucket they wash 10 cars at least ...
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi

I think you mean scratch at lease 10......

Paul
Darshan

[quote=pwood;12541]Hi

I think you mean scratch at lease 10......

Paul[/quote]

I never use the services of such people for the same reason. And what pisses me off is that my vehicle gets dirtied (especially after i gave it a good manual wash) when driving over the water spilt by these guys.
But then again, even if i had the option to go complain to get these guys in trouble, i wouldn't because of the fact that, my concern is just dirtying my car while the poor guy's concern is that he is working overtime to feed his family.

In my previous building, i used to pay the watchman a small amount every month, To repay he started wiping down my car every now and then even without asking him to. Finally i had to pay him more to make sure that he doesn't wash my car. He was all puzzled when i told him not to wash my car. I guess he still is.

I guess he felt like this was the jeep thing he never understood.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Where I live there are many car rental firms and they have boys who are expert at washing cars and making them look good. Both my cars get a daily wash and there are hardly any scratches resulting from them .