newbie drivers.

fida
Advance
Advance

Dear Friends, I joined Almost 4X4 club for a pure passion of driving in desert and learn as much as I can and I am proud to declare that I have improved a lot on my driving skills and enjoyed every drive with my club.
Now comes the reason for this post which is a very delicate part and that is an upgradtion to intermediate level for most of newbies. A lot of debates on forum where newbies are considered kindergarten students and intermediates as big boys. So , the immedate desire for me to get upgration. I took it seriously and got to my nerves. Driven few drives under pressure as Marshals will rate me and will upgrate me and the result was, I started to feel to loose cofidence because getting stuck was thrust be a crime. I started panicking and felt like I am driving as if to prove a point or two and started doing all the mistakes which I never remembered doing for long long time. . Though Driving in desert is pure passion and sheer enjoyment for me.

The reason for me to write this post is is that I love the club so much and had some woderful memories for last five months and would like to request all marshals,advance drivers, intermediates to stop underestimating newbiews and value them equally as every one was a newbie on one stage in their life. And being better on driving skills does not give an ultimate notion to undermine newbies.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lolz, Fida Bhai you made me cry:012:, I don't know what and who made you feel that newbies are treated as KG kids , personnely for me when I was newbie in January 2011 that was a special time for me because all the seniors were dealing with me in a nice way.
For up gradation agreed the process is painfully long and really testing your nerves, but at the end everyone is getting and once you get, then you know that you deserve it, but till that time when you will be uPgraded to intermediate you will think you are more than intermediate and it will go on:011:.
Next time you will be second lead with me, I am putting a special request to Capri
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fida, I have no idea what so ever what you are talking about? Who is underestimating who? We all started as newbies, and the only time "big boys" is used is when we try to cheer someone up, but not to underestimate others. If someone in particular has done that then please write specifically to that person. Your generalization is neither true nor is it "nice".

The ranking system is based on competence, pure and simple. As your skills go up, you rank up. The same logic applies to segregation of trips, newbies don't drive intermediate, and intermediate don't do advance.. Competence as judged by the Marshals, they only have that responsibility..

The sooner you accept this "system" the sooner you will be at peace. Keep enjoying and learning and without you knowing it, you will be promoted (if your judged to be competent enough) and then you will suffer the wrath of the Marshals. You will see it, not if, but when you become intermediate.

We are all buddies here, no one is better than anyone for ever, it is only temporary and conditional, if you put in the effort, then I don't see why we won't be having trips organized by Marshal Fida in the future. On the same logic, I request you not to underestimate intermediate or advanced drivers, we have all paid the price (time and effort) to get where we are now, and if that does not mean we were better than when we were newbies, then what is the point? Again, and sincerely, no one I know underestimates newbies, it is just a stage in learning and we all had to go through it.

I would like to share a personal experience with you. A long time ago, when I was learning martial arts, and I was a step below black belt I felt the same frustration, and told my Master. He smiled at me and said "Don't compare yourself with the black belts, your not there yet. You better take a good look at the guys in your rank and see how you stack up". Guess what!! when I followed his advice, I came back with so much more confidence and motivation, I got my black belt two months later.
fida
Advance
Advance

Thanks Shafik bhai, it's not about me or about u. I meant the general behaviour which I have observed and thought to bring it up. For me, everyone had treated me nicely and upgration is not the issue but there is one very important segment which is called motivation. That is missing and should be addressed.