Arrived......

CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;11778]Great !
Additionally I would suggest:
  • chemical radiator cleaning and coolant replacement (in future never use water, even bottled water, only coolant), you don't know what the previous owner was putting inside
  • front and rear differential oil change
  • brake and clutch fluid change
  • check clutch in hard environment (desert) and change if necessary, clutch disk, fly wheel, bearing, top cylinder and bottom booster including pressure hose at bottom (hose tends to be corroded)
  • when you are changing spark plugs, they should be double platinum
  • make the power test on tarmac, 2H at 1st gear the rear wheels should be spinning at start, second test in 4H, all wheels should be spinning
  • tyres seems to be OK at the moment, later change it for Bridgestone H/T or Yokohama Geolander, 275/70R16
  • join the Newbie trips to know your car
[/quote]

Also get a computer check done!! will give a report of the sensors....If anything is not working i would suggest a immediate replacement.

Also when i got my car, the tries looked visually OK but had a bump in the tires which made it impossible to drive over 100KM/HR. I thought it was balancing but turns out the dealers manage to find visually good looking tires.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;11794]iridium spark plugs are way better than Platinum or Titanium.

The 2010 and up FJ comes fitted with Iridium plugs from the factory !

iridium plugs have a 100,000 mile change interval almost double of Platinum / titanium plugs[/quote]
Wasif, Platinum change interval is also 100,000 km, not miles, check the books (100,000 miles equals 160,000 km), Japs engines prefer to have this, check OEM market... at the end each manufacturer gives advices which plugs are good for their engines, not OEM or driver... if Platinum, Iridium or Titanium all are precious metals, you have to be more specific in performance details, not just naming the metal ....
or read this - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... park-Plugs
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mabrook my friend, may the sand be kind to you.

Also, while your at it.. check the following:
1- Fuel Pressure and fuel pump
2- Engine Starter (ignition)
3- Get the Injectors cleaned

I hope you enjoy the new ride..
zeemmee

[quote=CAMEL;11797]Also get a computer check done!! will give a report of the sensors....If anything is not working i would suggest a immediate replacement.[/quote]

Where can i get that done?

[quote=Desert Lizard;11800]Mabrook my friend, may the sand be kind to you.

Also, while your at it.. check the following:
1- Fuel Pressure and fuel pump
2- Engine Starter (ignition)
3- Get the Injectors cleaned

I hope you enjoy the new ride..[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words desert lizard, will check those areas too.
Hassan
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif, Platinum change interval is also 100,000 km, not miles, check the books (100,000 miles equals 160,000 km), Japs engines prefer to have this, check OEM market... at the end each manufacturer gives advices which plugs are good for their engines, not OEM or driver... if Platinum, Iridium or Titanium all are precious metals, you have to be more specific in performance details, not just naming the metal ....
or read this -
http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...95-Spark-Plugs

Marshal, To go for the best one than pulse plugs are much better than spark pulgs specially for enhancing power.
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=zeemmee;11807]Where can i get that done?

i guess any proper Garage would be able to do it!!
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

Looks amazing bro
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Congrats buddy...drive safe..!!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Hassan;11808]Wasif, Platinum change interval is also 100,000 km, not miles, check the books (100,000 miles equals 160,000 km), Japs engines prefer to have this, check OEM market... at the end each manufacturer gives advices which plugs are good for their engines, not OEM or driver... if Platinum, Iridium or Titanium all are precious metals, you have to be more specific in performance details, not just naming the metal ....
or read this -
http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...95-Spark-Plugs

Marshal, To go for the best one than pulse plugs are much better than spark plugs specially for enhancing power.[/quote]
Agree, but it is almost impossible to get them here...