Sharjah gets tough on noisy vehicles الشارقة: مصادرة فورية لـ "مركبات ال

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

40 percent more horsepower. 10 percent more torque. 26 percent faster 0-60 mph. Wrangler kicks it up more than just a few notches. The 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. All this power and improved fuel efficiency.
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

[quote=strawb;9738]40 percent more horsepower. 10 percent more torque. 26 percent faster 0-60 mph. Wrangler kicks it up more than just a few notches. The 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. All this power and improved fuel efficiency.[/quote]

Thanks Jeeper for the valued technical information..:057: which are really useful, specially for non Jeepers :060:

Who knows...? may be they are going to change their minds for Jeeps :onthego:

Hehehehehehehe...:011:

Regards...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=strawb;9738]40 percent more horsepower. 10 percent more torque. 26 percent faster 0-60 mph. Wrangler kicks it up more than just a few notches. The 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. All this power and improved fuel efficiency.[/quote]
Guys, this is just a theory, try to compete on the road or sand, as I tried against Alkhatib's new SB earlier. Both our cars were equal on tarmac, we didn't compete on sand. But I know, that on sand FJ can beat me by few meters on 500 m distance.

Comment: SB type Wrangler naming was invented by Bu-Hamdan, not by me, but I like this and probably I will use it in the future
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

LOL...dunno who's been feeding ya all these fancy figures so here is the actual truth !

Jeep Pentastar

285 HP @ 6400 RPM / 260 lb-ft @ 4800 RPM / 0 to 100KMPH 8.6 sec - Top speed 158 KMPH

FJ Cruiser

260HP @ 5800 RPM / 271 lb-ft @ 4400 RPM / 0 to 100KMPH - 8.3 sec - Top Speed - 180 KMPH

Comparison.

HP Jeep is higher by 25 HP which is 9.5 % not 40 % LOL
Torque FJ + 11 lb-ft = + 4.5% - Actually Jeep is lower by 4.5 %
O - 100 Jeep is slower by .3 seconds - Jeep slower by 0.3 seconds
Top speed Jeep is slower by 22 KMPH

Even with its higher weight and lesser HP the FJ performance beats teh Jeep Pentastar in all paramaters....LOOL.

The links for the figures are below.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... ive-review

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/specs.html

The price for the FJ is higher than the new Jeep but you get some amazing stuff for the extra money !
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;9756]

Comparison.

HP Jeep is higher by 25 HP which is 9.5 % not 40 % LOL
Torque FJ + 11 lb-ft = + 4.5% - Actually Jeep is lower by 4.5 %
O - 100 Jeep is slower by .3 seconds - Jeep slower by 0.3 seconds
Top speed Jeep is slower by 22 KMPH

Even with its higher weight and lesser HP the FJ performance beats teh Jeep Pentastar in all paramaters....LOOL.
[/quote]

For Your Information ...The comparison which strawb mentioned WAS between the old version & NEW of Wrangler itself..there is nothing to do with FJ

&

I was comparing it with FJ ... because FJ OWNERs "I'm talking about NEW FJ 2010+" admit that the wrangler is more pwerful in both ..road & off-road.

Note:
when I say road, I mean by that.. the pick-up not the high way.

Regards,

bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

[quote=Comment: SB type Wrangler naming was invented by Bu-Hamdan, not by me, but I like this and probably I will use it in the future[/quote]

It was by you big brother not me please:010:.. Don't let Wrangler owners come & kill me:019:

you Named it Shoe Box.. & my comment on that was "I like it" & I'm going to call my TJ ..SB:011: ...not applicable for others pleaeaeaeaease:012:
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

LOL...lets do a on road sprint test with my 2010 FJ with its really heavy 285/75/16 BFG Tires and iots 3" ICON lift against a stock 2012 Wrangler SB and see how it will be eating my dust !

Check the 0 to 100 times for the new Wrangler SB Pentastar and those of the 2010+ FJ and you will see the FJ is faster !

The last time the Americans built a really good and fast car / engine was in the 1960's with the Ford GT40 / Shelby Cobra.
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

[quote=caprihorse;9744]Guys, this is just a theory, try to compete on the road or sand, as I tried against Alkhatib's new SB earlier. Both our cars were equal on tarmac, we didn't compete on sand. But I know, that on sand FJ can beat me by few meters on 500 m distance.
[/quote]

wich year was it?

sure 2012 3.6 engine?

Bu-Salem ...wher are you from this discussion? (definitely every body knows who's Bu-Salem..& the way he drives):045:

If you don't mind...explain them in details please about your experience with NEW Wrangler.:051:

Guys... this the fact .. why don't you like it?

you like Wrangler or not is different issue than changing the fact :023:.

Regards,
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;9785]LOL...lets do a on road sprint test with my 2010 FJ with its really heavy 285/75/16 BFG Tires and iots 3" ICON lift against a stock 2012 Wrangler SB and see how it will be eating my dust !

Check the 0 to 100 times for the new Wrangler SB Pentastar and those of the 2010+ FJ and you will see the FJ is faster !

The last time the Americans built a really good and fast car / engine was in the 1960's with the Ford GT40 / Shelby Cobra.[/quote]

believe me ..if i have 2012 wrangler , it would my pleasure to call you for a test .." the winner will take the loosers car"....and the people who know me, they know also when I say something I'll do it.

Wish you winning new wrangler
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

but racing cars on the street is illegal and will get your license revoked with major black points :005::048:plus if the police catches you with modified exhausts they will confiscate your cars forever ... hehe

keep it cool guys

by the way dont mind me ..... im a newbie who drives a station wagon on big tires :011: