Sharjah gets tough on noisy vehicles الشارقة: مصادرة فورية لـ "مركبات ال

bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

[quote=NaSeR;9794]Both cars are great for Off-Roading and everyone chose what he likes regardless of the power.[/quote]

Thanks NaSeR,

No more comments..

Regards,
FSL

Seems like abu dhabi is catching up...

[h=1]Abu Dhabi drivers warned engine modifications are illegal
The Abu Dhabi Police Traffic police have issued fines to more than 3,000 motorists for illegally modifying their vehicles either to increase speed or to give out a loud exhaust note[/h]
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/traff ... -1.1008524
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

my engine and muffler system is quiet like a baby now

what im more so concerned now is their take on lift kits and big tires???
FSL

Ok, so Kuwaitis took things to a whole new level...

Speeding Kuwaiti drivers could see cars crushed

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/speeding ... 53892.html
FSL

Updates:

[h=3]SEMA Asked to Assist in Developing Regulations for Specialty Automotive Market[/h]http://www.sema.org/sema-news/2011/05/u ... ess-system
FSL

My only question...
Does anyone really know a person whose car was confiscated and he never got it back.
I'm sure by now there will be plenty (as reported by the papers)

I was ahead of a big noisy F150 yesterday, on taawun road and i saw a police patrol in front. Apparently nobody stopped that truck.

Is it only me or someone else also can also smell an over-exaggerated hype created by the papers??? :023:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

i just keep away from sharjah

i dont want to be that person you know whos car got confiscated :015:
FSL

[quote=strawb;10581]i just keep away from sharjah

i dont want to be that person you know whos car got confiscated :015:[/quote]

hahhaaaaa, but look at the bright side of it... You can be the only one in Almost4x4 :005:
Mukhallalati Basha
Advance
Advance

Seizing Violators who illegally modify their Vehicles and Motorcycles

Abu Dhabi Police’s Traffic and Patrols Directorate will start, as of tomorrow, Sunday 10th of June, intensifying its traffic patrols, under its open campaign to seize violators who modify their vehicles and motorcycles by adding illegal devices and modifications to increase the noise or raise their speed on public roads, posing a risk on themselves and other motorists as well.

“It is forbidden by law for those vehicles and motorcycles to use internal or external roads or to drive in residential areas. It is allowed to use for private activities and within certified tracks, and can be only carried through the restricted areas but not driven. No excuses shall be accepted, and no tolerance to be applied with offenders, for the common good,” said Brigadier Engineer Hussain Ahmad Al Harthi, Director of Traffic and Patrols the Directorate at Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarters.

Brigadier Al Harthi stressed that what some young men are doing to modify the specifications of their vehicles and motorcycles to increase the noise or raise their speed for show-off and tamper their mechanical components and specifications is an erratic behavior practiced in the wrong place; it could also be an easy way to death or injury which may lead to disability, at a time the state is exerting every possible effort to preserve its human capital of which the youths constitute the main pillar.

He referred to the set of risks involved in this behavior such as the severe traffic accidents and their resulting casualties and serious injuries due to high speed, in addition to the disturbance and environmental pollution caused by the loud noise, which may also confuse other motorists and pedestrians. Such behavior also reflects an uncivilized image that does not suit the level of civilization that the country has achieved in terms of development, law respect and public safety.

The Abu Dhabi Police Traffic and Patrols Directorate, in collaboration with the Department of Security Media at the General Secretariat of the Office of H.H. Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Interior, had recently launched an awareness initiative in this regard. Abu Dhabi Police Traffic and Patrols Directorate General Director called on drivers, particularly the young people, not to perform random modifications onto their vehicles.

He explained that actions like unsuitable additions and electric wirings that are done by non-professionals who are unaware of the basic public safety principles, for the purpose of raising the speed of vehicles unqualified for such additions, increase the risk of outbreak of fire in vehicles. If the vehicle collides with a solid object, it may explode, as a short circuit with fuel leakage may happen due to the collision; thus increasing the risk for both the driver and people around him.