Border crossing

samr1
Intermediate
Intermediate

Can people cross into Oman via Hatta but come back to the UAE via Al Ain?:032:

@Caprihorse - I would Google this but I trust the people here more than Google.
:045:
FSL

I can see a highways connecting hatta onto oman and then all the way to al ain border.
but google maps is not giving any info or creating a route from these points.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=samr1;9234]Can people cross into Oman via Hatta but come back to the UAE via Al Ain?:032:

@Caprihorse - I would Google this but I trust the people here more than Google.
:045:[/quote]
Yes, you can, if you have Omani visa and insurance for 7 days as minimum and acting as standard tourist. Both you can obtain at Omani border.
samr1
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;9239]Yes, you can, if you have Omani visa and insurance for 7 days as minimum and acting as standard tourist. Both you can obtain at Omani border.[/quote]

Thank you very much!
samr1
Intermediate
Intermediate

One more thing, I have car insurance that covers me in Oman. Is that OK or do I need to buy insurance at the border anyway?
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=samr1;9234]Can people cross into Oman via Hatta but come back to the UAE via Al Ain?:032:

NO....you will have to enter UAE through the SAME BORDER from which you Exit...ex: if you exit from Hatta and if you try to enter from Al-ain, authorities at the border will not permit you...you will have to drive all the way back to same border that you exit'd from.

however, there are different routes to enter UAE without even touching any borders for stamping--which is illegal :056:

In regards to car Insurance,,, If your exisiting Insurance covers Oman as well- this is enough and not required to insure again at the border. Enjoy your drive:060:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=samr1;9241]One more thing, I have car insurance that covers me in Oman. Is that OK or do I need to buy insurance at the border anyway?[/quote]
No, you don't need any other insurance, but carry with you the original documents, where is clearly seen, that your insurance is valid for Oman territory, as Omanis are checking on this.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=bobpavan;9244][quote=samr1;9234]Can people cross into Oman via Hatta but come back to the UAE via Al Ain?:032:

NO....you will have to enter UAE through the SAME BORDER from which you Exit...ex: if you exit from Hatta and if you try to enter from Al-ain, authorities at the border will not permit you...you will have to drive all the way back to same border that you exit'd from.

however, there are different routes to enter UAE without even touching any borders for stamping--which is illegal :056:

In regards to car Insurance,,, If your exisiting Insurance covers Oman as well- this is enough and not required to insure again at the border. Enjoy your drive:060:[/quote]
From where you got this information about crossing borders??
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Trade Secret brother:038:
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;9248][quote=bobpavan;9244]
From where you got this information about crossing borders??[/quote]

Trade Secret brother:038: