Need (cheap) towing points to my ZJ aka Grand Cherokee '98

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Black_Shreck... pls never ask me to attach my rope to any of your towing points, if rear or front, in the case you need a rescue. Did you hear about rated equipment ever? Towing point is not a decoration, but a serious rescue and safety matter. If it's cheap, it is guaranteed that it will break and can shoot through the glass and kill somebody. Pls kindly think and reconsider before installing something unprovable and unreliable.

In my history I saw already several times flying shackles and towing points in the air with a speed and weight of canon bullet...

Strawb, Camel & Sandskull... pls wake up :013:
admin

Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Black Shrek, the picture below shows what a front tow hook and bracket should look like (upper two pieces). If you DON'T have the supporting bracket along with the hook then I am on Caprihorse's side and don't want to be anywhere close to you when towing or being towed..

[IMG]http://www.fototime.com/6605AFED8274D15/standard.jpg[/IMG]

Remember this: if it has only two bolts fixing it to the car's body, it will come out!

As for the rear towing point, 350 isn't a rip off. Just make sure that you have all the parts and the nuts and bolts used to fix the rear trailer hitch are there!!

Good luck
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Black_Shrek;20595]Strawb, I think u'r my neighbour, is ur car parked 1 bldg away from Narcissus? :-)[/quote]

yes its a rockin blue bulldog XJ

[quote=caprihorse;20596]Black_Shreck... pls never ask me to attach my rope to any of your towing points, if rear or front, in the case you need a rescue. Did you hear about rated equipment ever? Towing point is not a decoration, but a serious rescue and safety matter. If it's cheap, it is guaranteed that it will break and can shoot through the glass and kill somebody. Pls kindly think and reconsider before installing something unprovable and unreliable.

In my history I saw already several times flying shackles and towing points in the air with a speed and weight of canon bullet...

Strawb, Camel & Sandskull... pls wake up :013:[/quote]

I was recommending Original Factory Made towing points from Jeep Mopar. I was assuming that he had a jeep and the ones from the XJ's will fit snuggly into his car ....... I use the ones i have mentioned and youve seen me get pulled out of the desert due to other mechanical issues ..... if they are original they will have proper rating ..... just make sure you get the original ones

i definitely agree that towing points are not for show! i am very much particular regarding these things .... i would rather spend extra money than be sorry for being a cheap skate
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sandskull;20417]I agree...got my rear heavy duty trailer just for 100 dhs (fixed my self)...and now i am searching for a front tow point in the same place.

@ Strawb..any specific yard you know for the front recovery point?[/quote]

Turkman in sharjah ..... contact number is somewhere in the forum
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=strawb;20657]yes its a rockin blue bulldog XJ

I was recommending Original Factory Made towing points from Jeep Mopar. I was assuming that he had a jeep and the ones from the XJ's will fit snuggly into his car ....... I use the ones i have mentioned and youve seen me get pulled out of the desert due to other mechanical issues ..... if they are original they will have proper rating ..... just make sure you get the original ones

i definitely agree that towing points are not for show! i am very much particular regarding these things .... i would rather spend extra money than be sorry for being a cheap skate[/quote]
I hope that Black Shrek understands what we are talking about and he will not underestimate the solution...
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

@blackshrek ...... if you live near my building .... let me know and i can help you out for the required towing points ..... none of us here would wanna be doing recovery for a tow point which was just made for show
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=strawb;20661]@blackshrek ...... if you live near my building .... let me know and i can help you out for the required towing points ..... none of us here would wanna be doing recovery for a tow point which was just made for show[/quote]
---------------------------------------

:like:
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=strawb;20658]Turkman in sharjah ..... contact number is somewhere in the forum[/quote]

Thanks Bro !
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;20596]Black_Shreck... pls never ask me to attach my rope to any of your towing points, if rear or front, in the case you need a rescue. Did you hear about rated equipment ever? Towing point is not a decoration, but a serious rescue and safety matter. If it's cheap, it is guaranteed that it will break and can shoot through the glass and kill somebody. Pls kindly think and reconsider before installing something unprovable and unreliable.

Strawb, Camel & Sandskull... pls wake up :013:[/quote]

I completely agree with it and having said that, will have one of the marshals have a look at my trailer in the next trip to confirm if it is good enough:032: