Need (cheap) towing points to my ZJ aka Grand Cherokee '98

Black_Shrek

Hi folks
Have a hard time finding affordable option to have installed towing points on my ZJ.
Looks like they come only in V8's, mine is I6.
For now only found a used trailer hitch in SHJ for like 400... a friend of a friend promised to find in half that price, but takes time.
Front ones are only on ebay at ~130 USD + shipping, hence it's out of discussion. No other options known to me...

Any ideas?

Its only 3 months left of the season and really wanna use it at max...

Thanks.
Denis.
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Black_Shrek;20300]Hi folks
Have a hard time finding affordable option to have installed towing points on my ZJ.
Looks like they come only in V8's, mine is I6.
For now only found a used trailer hitch in SHJ for like 400... a friend of a friend promised to find in half that price, but takes time.
Front ones are only on ebay at ~130 USD + shipping, hence it's out of discussion. No other options known to me...

Any ideas?

Its only 3 months left of the season and really wanna use it at max...

Thanks.
Denis.[/quote]

I know a garage in Ajman where they fabricate FIA certified Rally Cars and Roll Cages, i really like their work, If you have the time to come to ajman in the evening we can find a solution.
Black_Shrek

[quote=CAMEL;20301]I know a garage in Ajman where they fabricate FIA certified Rally Cars and Roll Cages, i really like their work, If you have the time to come to ajman in the evening we can find a solution.[/quote]

Hello,
Thanks for the quick one.
Ajman is like my second home, Im doing my oil change and cooking gas filling there :)

My concern is about money... I assume custom made will be costly...?...
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Black_Shrek;20312]Hello,
My concern is about money... I assume custom made will be costly...?...[/quote]

In that case call me when you are here....can check with him on his idea and how much it will cost.Then you can decide. They don't usually do small jobs, but the guy who owns the place is very appreciative of our club and its activities, so he does these jobs at a reasonable charge.
Black_Shrek

[quote=CAMEL;20372]In that case call me when you are here....can check with him on his idea and how much it will cost.Then you can decide. They don't usually do small jobs, but the guy who owns the place is very appreciative of our club and its activities, so he does these jobs at a reasonable charge.[/quote]

Cool. How do I call you?
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

another option would be to search the scrap yards of sharjah and get tow points from cherokee XJ's

much cheaper id suppose
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=strawb;20406]another option would be to search the scrap yards of sharjah and get tow points from cherokee XJ's

much cheaper id suppose[/quote]

I agree...got my rear heavy duty trailer just for 100 dhs (fixed my self)...and now i am searching for a front tow point in the same place.

@ Strawb..any specific yard you know for the front recovery point?
Black_Shrek

Ok, got them both today in Shj scrap yards. Front 50 rear 350. I know its a ripoff, but was really sick of searching...and nobody giving discount as much as I negociated... now need to fix leaking steering box and coolant sensor, but this is offtopic and no big deal. Thx a lot for replies, see you Friday hopefully in the sands :-)
By the way the guy said if I had xj it wld hv been 450 for rear only lol its the same part... Im a bad negotiator :-)
Black_Shrek

Strawb, I think u'r my neighbour, is ur car parked 1 bldg away from Narcissus? :-)