Led

Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

If those are genuine Vision X LED Lightbars then they are well priced ! What is the wattage and beam pattern they have
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

i use 6 of the china made HID lamps which can be bought from sharjah.

2 on my bumper and 4 on my roof rack ....... they shed light like day time when driving at night and can be focused to any which direction you prefer so you can illuminate what you want to see ....

total cost of 6 is 1500aed installed ....

i believe bu salem can share some thoughts on this as he has both the led lamp bar and the china made HID lamps on his transformer .....
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;17220]If those are genuine Vision X LED Lightbars then they are well priced ! What is the wattage and beam pattern they have[/quote]

As posted by the seller:

"Description: 84pcs Bridgelux (using 1-3W LED), Max power 252W, DC9-40V, IP65, Beam Angle:15-60° LED life time: ≥30000h, Working Temperature: -35 to +55 degree, Working Humidity: 10%~95﹪Material:Waterproof & shockproof rating: IP67 Aluminum housing + Tempered glass+ VDE cableSize: L1130*66*115mm, 1pc = 6.5 net kgColor White colour."

Am not sure if the above answers your question.

Here is the ad link: http://www.souq.dubaimoon.com/cars-part ... -22297905/
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

At first, what seller types in, can you believe?

Check the original website and try to find your preferred type and compare Lumen with Lumen between HID and LED...

http://www.visionxusa.com/index.html
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=strawb;17221]i use 6 of the china made HID lamps which can be bought from sharjah.

2 on my bumper and 4 on my roof rack ....... they shed light like day time when driving at night and can be focused to any which direction you prefer so you can illuminate what you want to see ....

total cost of 6 is 1500aed installed ....

i believe bu salem can share some thoughts on this as he has both the led lamp bar and the china made HID lamps on his transformer .....[/quote]
I know his statement on LED lights :011:
Darshan

I agree with Capri's statement, Place it wrong and all you will see is ur light reflecting back at you because of the dust in the desert. If you are the lead car, place it wherever you want.
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you have as much light with the LEDs as during the day, what is the fun and challenge of driving at night?
Another accessory I don't think I'd be adding...

(though of course I wish Sarookh's friend a successful sale!)
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=Melfi;17265]If you have as much light with the LEDs as during the day, what is the fun and challenge of driving at night?

(though of course I wish Sarookh's friend a successful sale!)[/quote]

Thanks for the good though Melfi, but the seller is NO friend of mine. My friend is the one who sent me the AD and i have share the same for who ever might be intrested among you guys :027:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Melfi;17265]If you have as much light with the LEDs as during the day, what is the fun and challenge of driving at night?

(though of course I wish Sarookh's friend a successful sale!)[/quote]

During summer .... Most of the intermediate drives were done at night in areas such as al lisailli and area 53 ... And to specifically quote the marshals and bu salem in particular .... The secret in night driving in the desert are the lights

Its too much of a risk in driving and taking dunes when you can't assess the route and track you need to see ...

The sharjah HID lights were on probably 90% of the cars in the convoy ...

Safety is priority
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm still not convinced. I'm getting you all airbag jackets for Christmas.