-Mickey thompson 5171:
size: 32x10.5R17
Qty: 10 pcs (1 set of 5 only)
Retail: AED 1,136 each
Sale: AED 850 each
Date Of Manufacture: End of 2011
Link: http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truc ... RadialPlus

It is important you know the following pros and cons about such tires:
-Positives: They are NEW - un-unsed tires. They are in brand new condition. They are very cheap even compared to retail in usa
-Negatives: In the UAE, you cannot register your vehicle if your tires are more than 2 years old. That means, you will have to change your tires temporary just for passing if your car is due for RTA test. OR, if your car is new, then you have an advantage of using them for a couple of years before you test your car

Please let me know through this link only if you are interested. I can only take cash payments for these.

Marwan
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=manolo;15527]Hi All,

I have the following tires to clear:

-Dick Cepeck 13164:
size: 33x11.5R16
Qty: 5 pcs
Retail: AED 1,100 each
Sale: AED 500 each
Date Of Manufacture: End of 2010
Link: http://www.dickcepek.com/tires.php?item ... 16&type=LT

-Mickey thompson 5171:
Qty: 10 pcs (1 set of 5 only)
Retail: AED 1,136 each
Date Of Manufacture: End of 2011
Link: http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truc ... RadialPlus

It is important you know the following pros and cons about such tires:
-Positives: They are NEW - un-unsed tires. They are in brand new condition. They are very cheap even compared to retail in usa
-Negatives: In the UAE, you cannot register your vehicle if your tires are more than 2 years old. That means, you will have to change your tires temporary just for passing if your car is due for RTA test. OR, if your car is new, then you have an advantage of using them for a couple of years before you test your car

Please let me know through this link only if you are interested. I can only take cash payments for these.

Marwan[/quote]

Mickey thompson 5171
Date Of Manufacture: End of 2011 till date is still not one year... is there a warranty on the tires???
FSL

[quote=manolo;15527]
-Negatives: In the UAE, you cannot register your vehicle if your tires are more than 2 years old. That means, you will have to change your tires temporary just for passing if your car is [/quote]

I think, the tire manufacture date should not be more than 5 years from the date of RTA test. which means if it is less than 5 years old it can still pass if in good condition.
I never heard of the 2 years policy, may be someone can confirm.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=FSL;15529]I think, the tire manufacture date should not be more than 5 years from the date of RTA test. which means if it is less than 5 years old it can still pass if in good condition.
I never heard of the 2 years policy, may be someone can confirm.[/quote]

I have the same opinion, I get passed 4 years old BFGoodrich Tires. RTA condition is that the tires tread depth should be more then 1.5 mm.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=manolo;15527]Negatives: In the UAE, you cannot register your vehicle if your tires are more than 2 years old. That means, you will have to change your tires temporary just for passing if your car is due for RTA test. OR, if your car is new, then you have an advantage of using them for a couple of years before you test your car
Marwan[/quote]
5 years, based on the time stamp on the tyre is the maximum. All lower periods are rumours spread by tyre dealers to push the business.
manolo
Club Member
Club Member

I really hope that is true. Whoever started the rumour succeeded because people refuse to buy tires more than 1 year old.
Concerning warranty, please allow me to get back to you.
FSL

[quote=manolo;15539]I really hope that is true. Whoever started the rumour succeeded because people refuse to buy tires more than 1 year old.
Concerning warranty, please allow me to get back to you..[/quote]

well incase somebody wants to buy a set of new tires, the manufacturing date should be as close to the date of purchase as possible. (not in your case, as you're selling them at reduced price)

But normally the dealers here are selling brand new tires (specially on BMW road, Sharjah) that are anywhere from 1-6 months old in terms of manufacturing date. Anything older then that should not be considered as an option, unless on a reduced price.
manolo
Club Member
Club Member

Concerning the Warranty:
13164 does not have warranty anymore. But is in excellent condition and you can check it out whenever you want
5171 still has a year warranty. Are you interested Sarookh?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=FSL;15540]well incase somebody wants to buy a set of new tires, the manufacturing date should be as close to the date of purchase as possible. (not in your case, as you're selling them at reduced price)

But normally the dealers here are selling brand new tires (specially on BMW road, Sharjah) that are anywhere from 1-6 months old in terms of manufacturing date. Anything older then that should not be considered as an option, unless on a reduced price.[/quote]
I got offer from BMW road, for 2011 tyres, for half price...