Led lights

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guys Have a look at my new setup for LED lights on my Duck Commander, I just import it from China for the Trial, I installed them last night and the light it is amazing.:027:
Now two tests are balance on these lights 1) Water resistance 2) Desert punishment:028:

If these tests are passed I will order more for my buddies who are interested, the cost depends on the ordered quantity. (Approximately 700 AED/2 LEDs)
In market the Buggers are selling them from 900-1100/ 2 LEDs:010:

According to the supplier each Light is 3600 Lumins and available in 30 degree long range and 60 degree flood.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]705[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]709[/ATTACH]
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks DC.. what's the power rating on those in Watts? and do they come with a complete wiring harness or do you have to do the complete wiring locally..
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Desert Lizard;11661]Thanks DC.. what's the power rating on those in Watts? and do they come with a complete wiring harness or do you have to do the complete wiring locally..[/quote]

These consists 17 LEDs each one 3 watts, total watts are 51.
They dont need any harness I think so:))
you need to connect wire which cost me 5 Ds,
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Duck Commander;11665]These consists 17 LEDs each one 3 watts, total watts are 51.
They dont need any harness I think so:))
you need to connect wire which cost me 5 Ds,[/quote]

How did you connect them then? did you go to a car electrician or what?

With 4 units, this adds up to 204watts (51x4) which means with a standard car battery, those lights will draw something like 15 to 17Amps... I hope you used a relay and a couple of fuses to make the connection, but I am really doubtful about the 5 dhs wire....
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Desert Lizard;11683]How did you connect them then? did you go to a car electrician or what?

With 4 units, this adds up to 204watts (51x4) which means with a standard car battery, those lights will draw something like 15 to 17Amps... I hope you used a relay and a couple of fuses to make the connection, but I am really doubtful about the 5 dhs wire....[/quote]

I am not good at electronics but the electrician connect it to battery with wire hehehehe.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Desert Lizard;11683]How did you connect them then? did you go to a car electrician or what?

With 4 units, this adds up to 204watts (51x4) which means with a standard car battery, those lights will draw something like 15 to 17Amps... I hope you used a relay and a couple of fuses to make the connection, but I am really doubtful about the 5 dhs wire....[/quote]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]710[/ATTACH]
Profi reply, keep doing :045:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Duck Commander;11684]I am not good at electronics but the electrician connect it to battery with wire hehehehe.[/quote]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]711[/ATTACH]
Newbie reply ... know your car, equipment and mods (on the box with lights or a piece of paper inside the box should be written some tech details...) :046:
Or you may end like this ...

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vJYxzmvTf9U/T ... /india.jpg[/IMG]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=caprihorse;11686][ATTACH=CONFIG]711[/ATTACH]
Newbie reply ... know your car, equipment and mods (on the box with lights or a piece of paper inside the box should be written some tech details...) :046:
Or you may end like this ...

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vJYxzmvTf9U/T ... /india.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
hahahaha, if you are getting them from somewhere other than China then sure there should be but No paper inside the box , anyhow I am putting relay and fuses tonight to be safe
:011:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Duck Commander;11687]hahahaha, if you are getting them from somewhere other than China then sure there should be but No paper inside the box , anyhow I am putting relay and fuses tonight to be safe
:011:[/quote]

Most likely with the Chinese equipment, but at least you know the power rating.Just make sure the fuses are connected using a fuse housing (for easy replacement) and get a couple of spares. Moreover, the switch should also be good quality to handle the load (even with a relay) and what ever the electrician says, don't let him connect it in a way that the LED lights will work only when your headlights are on. This puts a lot of strain on the headlight switch...
The HOT wire from the battery to the lights should be "thicker" and definitely more than 5dhs worth.

Good luck
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Duck Commander;11687]hahahaha, if you are getting them from somewhere other than China then sure there should be but No paper inside the box , anyhow I am putting relay and fuses tonight to be safe
:011:[/quote]
Relay and fuses... that's basics... I hope so called your electrician didn't connect the lights directly to your battery... but somehow I doubt... :054:

BTW any el. equipment you purchase from any country assumes to be installed by common el. rules associated with the industry... all additional relays and fuses must be installed locally, the pack normally does not include them.