Led lights

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=pwood;11919]Hi guys

The volt drop is a known 'Jeep thing'
My Jeep is new so I have made the assumption that the battery , altenator and wires are all good.

i found some sites that walk you through the test. the best is:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... elays.html

Their test is voltage between the + on the bat to + on the bulb added to the voltage between the - on the bat and the- on the bulb.

I found another site that measured the voltage across the battery and the voltage across the bulb, the difference is the drop.

I got very similar results both ways.....

I want to buy 'the best' for my Jeep as these things are quite cheap......
I also want it to be a complete 'plug in' option that will be fully removable.

FSL, the wires at DM, are they REAL automotive wire?
Automotive wire has specs on their heat tolerance, chemical resistance etc, it is also much more flexible than industrial wire.... Usually with more, thinner strands of copper.

I am very capable of doing a FANTASTIC job....from a QC and tech prospective......hehehe
I just need the write stuff.

Thanks guys

Regards
Paul[/quote]
Paul, there are no miracles on the basics, heat tolerance, chemical resistance or similar b***sh**t, everything is the relation on the current flow between 2 endpoints..., current too high, something will burn... the question might be... why is the current high?
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=pwood;11919] Usually with more, thinner strands of copper.

Paul[/quote]

I tend to disagree with this. anyway

To make it removable, either order a ready made harness, or use quick disconnectors between the wires (no soldering or permanent joining)

Just answer me this Mr.Wood: how will you NOT do a FANTASTIC job if it is a "plug in" option? :032:
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi

You have not seen my expert 'plugging in' now have you.....

To make an expert plug in harness is the question at hand.

I am not a fan of 'off the shelf' stuff.
i always feel that I could do a better job. Like if only they had moved the fuse 6" closer or cut the cable the correct length and I don't need a small loop, etc, etc

Regards
paul