GPS Routing

User avatar
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 am
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Contact:

zeemmee;35045 wrote:



I am using motion-x , Gps kit with ipad & iphone for navigation.

Some of us might not agree but, i have never been let down by these devices.
As I assumed, this is navigation over existing track. Routes and tracks are completely two different subjects.

But I am talking about route navigation, to drive an area, based on the waypoints only; a completely different scenario.

E.g. as we had recently Eggs in Basket Game, where participants had received a list of waypoints before the event, to be entered in their GPS device and follow the points on the route one by one, not to jump wildly between the points and pretending usage of GPS navigation. How it finished with some, you can read in trip reports, where few were telling that they have been irritated by observers, but the truth is, that they didn't have any idea, what was theri device showing... If somebody is really following the Garmin, nothing can him irritate.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Dear Caprihorse,

Thank you for the tipS, I tried yesterday to trace a path on Google earth, then sent the path to my email account. After that, I imported it in Camp base to send it to my device. Practically, I went to Al Lisaili, and found it very precise and helpful specially during the night where visibility is reduced.

Regards,

Mohanned
cyanide
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:14 am

Hi Guys

I would like your help in figuring out how to import tracks from Base Camp into Garmin device the track looks good on Base Camp but once imported in device it gives different look I have tried converting using Direct and Off Roading conversion but both gives the same view on device I need pro advice to let me figure out how to make it work
Cheers :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
User avatar
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 am
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Contact:

cyanide;40811 wrote:Hi Guys

I would like your help in figuring out how to import tracks from Base Camp into Garmin device the track looks good on Base Camp but once imported in device it gives different look I have tried converting using Direct and Off Roading conversion but both gives the same view on device I need pro advice to let me figure out how to make it work
Cheers :thumbsup:
Your nuvi3590 is in Driving mode. Switch to Direct.

Additionally check if your Garmin in modes Off Roading and Direct is really in Direct routing.
cyanide
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:14 am

My Device has two modes driving or pedestrian

The other thing you mentioned I couldn't get it "Garmin in modes Off Roading and Direct is really in Direct routing" by this you mean in base camp or Garmin device ?
User avatar
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 am
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Contact:

cyanide;40824 wrote:My Device has two modes driving or pedestrian

The other thing you mentioned I couldn't get it "Garmin in modes Off Roading and Direct is really in Direct routing" by this you mean in base camp or Garmin device ?
I was referring to Garmin. If you have just this two modes, it does not make sense for you to transfer tracks from BaseCamp. Your device cannot follow the track. It can only use the waypoints to navigate to, when you select in Navigation Settings>Off Road. Some other devices have the option to display track properly. Your device is good only for navigation on road.
cyanide
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:14 am

caprihorse;40826 wrote:I was referring to Garmin. If you have just this two modes, it does not make sense for you to transfer tracks from BaseCamp. Your device cannot follow the track. It can only use the waypoints to navigate to, when you select in Navigation Settings>Off Road. Some other devices have the option to display track properly. Your device is good only for navigation on road.
Bummer !!!:oh noes: I was skeptic this should be one reason apart from Montana and Oregon series any other support off road mode, I remember Garmin 265W mentioned some where in the forum does it support off road navigation.
Post Reply