Page 8 of 8
Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:54 pm
After installing this version I lost my maps... I'm examining still how to recover the loss.
Montana (WebUpdater) software version 5.60 Bug
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 am
It took me quite a long time to find out what happened. After Googling for the problem, for several hours, I found a great website dedicated to Montana, which is very helpful and full of information for new starters or experienced users with Montana and similar devices
Actually the problem was itself with the bug in Version 5.60, where new map authentication process is disabling legally purchased maps. Garmin official website and support are quiet...
So the only solution was to return back to Version 5.40.
The instruction how to downgrade BIOS is provided here -
http://garminmontanagpsr.wikispaces.com ... %20Install
After executing, the maps were back in Montana, but all the settings came to defaults.
It is advisable not to upgrade to 5.60 and wait for the next release. Actually I suggest, just before any future upgrade, is to check the reports from this website on possible warnings.
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:44 pm
Very Helpfull website.. Thank you Capri..
Montana (WebUpdater) software version 5.70
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 pm
[h=4]Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.70:[/h]
- Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
- Improved display of marine-specific lines in BlueChart g2 maps
- Improved boot time when large amounts of photos are present
- Fixed issue retrieving PLSS data in certain TOPO US 24k maps
- Fixed possible issue with +/- buttons when using Sight N' Go
- Fixed possible issue with the Distance to Destination data field in nuvi mode
This update is safe and tested by me.
Montana (WebUpdater) software version 5.90
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:09 am
[h=2]Change History[/h][h=4]Changes made from version 5.70 to 5.90:[/h]
- Improved average ascent and average descent data fields
- Improved vertical speed and grade data fields
Montana (WebUpdater) software version 6.10
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:33 pm
[h=4]Changes made from version 5.90 to 6.10:[/h]
- Fixed issue with barometer when auto calibration is turned off.
- Fixed missing ascent, descent, and elevation statistics when reviewing certain tracks.
- Fixed issue with power off pressure trending.
- Fixed issue with geocaching filter when the OpenCaching.com geocaching style is selected.
Montana (WebUpdater) software version 6.40
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:31 pm
[h=2]Change History[/h][h=4]Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.40:[/h]
- Fixed several track distance statistic issues
- Fixed waypoint distances being listed incorrectly for Waypoint Averaging
- Fixed certain alarm tones using the internal beeper instead of using the automotive mount speaker (when present)
[h=4]Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.20:[/h]
- Improved cartography support
- Improved boot time when a large amount of BirdsEye satellite imagery is present
Montana (WebUpdater) software version 6.80
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:24 pm
Changes made from version 6.50 to 6.80:
- Added ETRS89 datum
- Fixed possible issue with viewing a route on the map
- Fixed possible incorrect geocache terrain score on map
- Fixed date field in certain languages
Changes made from version 6.40 to 6.50:
- Improved 'Save Portion' track feature. When saving a portion, the device now remembers that position in the track log so it can be used as a track segment for future portion saving.
- Fixed possible erroneous track point on power on.