We downloaded for our members the UAE most frequently visited areas, cities and desert, to have on your device, e.g. Montana, satellite imagery (Highest) instead of plain maps. The overview of tiles is also here. It takes normally around 20 minutes, to download a single map tile with BaseCamp (fast connection 8MB), so we think this is an added value for you all.
You need to have installed in your device micro SD card (16GB), to store all the maps. Approximate size for all maps at the moment is around 5GB.
If you are in trouble with the installation, pls let us know, but pls be detailed what you are doing and what is not working, not only mentioning that '... it does not work ... '.
- There is required a certain knowledge of Windows or MAC OS, before you can do this. If you are not able, just forget the following instructions and download the maps in traditional way or completely forget this feature.
- Download maps from following locations and unzip them to your hard drive.
- Connect your device to PC
- Find your device with File Manager or My Computer
- Quick format your micro SD card and name it e.g. Maps
- Copy all the tiles to your SD Card (*.jnx)
- Open BaseCamp
- Create in your Library a folder BirdsEye
- Transfer all tiles from Device to BaseCamp folder BirdsEye in the following way. You need to make the following steps, otherwise you'll get error when starting your device 'Invalid BirdsEye File'. This is required to properly register your files with your device and subscription:
- Select all tiles (you can use Filter option at bottom on the left and see only BirdsEye Tiles)
- Right click selected maps and click on Sent to ...
- It opens a dialog box, where you need select destination in your BaseCamp Library
- Click in your Devices on SD card (Maps)
- Delete all the tiles
- Click on your BaseCamp Library BirdsEye folder
- Select all the tiles in this folder
- Right click and select Send to ...
- Opens dialog box, where you'll select in Devices Maps folder (SD card)
- Wait until the green progress bar finished the transfer
- Disconnect your device
- Power on your device
You MUST subscribe for BirdsEye Imagery, visit https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=70144, to allow this feature to be used with your device.
Sharjah (city & desert)
Dubai (city & desert)
Al Khatim (desert)
Al Ain (desert)
Map Tiles Overview