Garmin Montana 600 - How to set your Course (CDI)

walihali

Darshan;11755 wrote:Basically you can set it up in different ways.

Drag and drop the profile change button from the drawer to the main screen.
Go into profiles and change the routing activity to direct routing for one of the profiles
When you are offroad, just use the profile change button to choose the direct routing profile and that is it!

Another way/Simpler to do it is within automotive profile, change the route activity to "prompted" So whenever you choose a waypoint as your destination it will ask you whether you need direct routing...if you are in the desert just choose direct routing and you will have the pink line in between you and the target.

I choose the profile method coz this automatically turns on a lot of other settings like track recording if you want it to.

Also try to play with the shortcuts menu, once you get the hang of it, it will help you access frequently accessed settings with just one "Tap"

The available features in montana is becoming bigger with every new release of the firmware and the beta versions seems to be pretty stable. Some of us already have the 2013 maps on the montana with firmware 4.04 (beta)

I even have proximity sensors setup with a database so that it warns me when i am near certain things. (I leave it you to guess what those things are) :038:
yes it is something that cost me 600 dirhams on the way to the meeting point for last trip:054:
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

walihali;11761 wrote:yes it is something that cost me 600 dirhams on the way to the meeting point for last trip:054:
why?????:019:
:011:
:045:
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Darshan;11755 wrote: I even have proximity sensors setup with a database so that it warns me when i am near certain things. (I leave it you to guess what those things are) :038:
I just Installed Beta, and I know what those things are, but no name plzzz, Guide me to do it on mine too:011:
FSL

Duck Commander;11772 wrote:I just Installed Beta, and I know what those things are, but no name plzzz, Guide me to do it on mine too:011:
umm leme guess....:032:

are you guys talking about the automatic photobooth??? :015:
walihali

Duck Commander;11769 wrote:why?????:019:
:011:
:045:
Because my GPS did not recognize a particular model of speedy gonzales hunter in Al Ain Road Dubai (I guess). This model is different from the others, it looks like a totem pole of Cherokee Indian tribe (big black pole, but no tattoo).
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

I can send you a file that once uploaded on your montiny will scream when you come close to a street side dirham grabber
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

fsl;11775 wrote:umm leme guess....:032:

Are you guys talking about the automatic photobooth??? :015:
fsl :011::033:
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif Ahmed;11783 wrote:I can send you a file that once uploaded on your montiny will scream when you come close to a street side dirham grabber
When I can get it Bhai :011:
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

@Wasif;
pl.send me if u have something to avoid automotive fotografy.
Darshan

Lol! Now what did i start off :005:

DC: we made the instruction post at about the same time...Great minds think alike! :038: Incase you Wasif dithces you with the photo grapher's database, do let me know. I will send it to you. :048: