Garmin Montana 600 - How to set your Course (CDI)

FSL

i'm not sure if it's useful for montana owners but you might like seeing your own ride on the gps...
http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

I am unable to upload the file here so if someone sends me an email address I can send it to you.

Alternately the file is can be downloaded from our club website here - http://www.uaeoffroaders.com/showthread ... rmin/page2

It has around 95% of the speed cams all over the UAE on it. The file uploads them as POI's to your GPS and configures a proximity alert where the GPS beeps when you come 100 M close to a camera. Saves a lot of money.

You will need to download the Garmin POI loader software first though.

In the UAE radar detectors are banned.....you will go to Jail and loose your license if they catch you .....and they have built in radar detector detectors in the mobile radar guns that police use ! They will knwo which car has the device and its yalla by by car and license and freedom for a while.

@ Shafiq.....I am not talking with you anymore .....after I collect my snorkel from you though !!
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

@Wasif,,,,, you are so selfish and stopped talking to me after Jaya took your snorkel from me, If I know this in advance I would sell it to someone else and make some profit :011:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif Ahmed;11881 wrote:I am unable to upload the file here so if someone sends me an email address I can send it to you.

Alternately the file is can be downloaded from our club website here - http://www.uaeoffroaders.com/showthread ... rmin/page2

It has around 95% of the speed cams all over the UAE on it. The file uploads them as POI's to your GPS and configures a proximity alert where the GPS beeps when you come 100 M close to a camera. Saves a lot of money.

You will need to download the Garmin POI loader software first though.

In the UAE radar detectors are banned.....you will go to Jail and loose your license if they catch you .....and they have built in radar detector detectors in the mobile radar guns that police use ! They will knwo which car has the device and its yalla by by car and license and freedom for a while.

@ Shafiq.....I am not talking with you anymore .....after I collect my snorkel from you though !!
Wasif, is this a legal file or somehow as crack? If it is illegal, I kindly ask you remove your post from this thread.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

I dont think it will be illegal because our friend saved it himself near the photographer flashes :011:
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Capri. It is perfectly legal.....many people are using it.

The cameras are static cameras on the roads. Anyone can mark their location and configure them as proximity alerts on their GPS.

The original file was created by the AEV guys and others have added to it. It is also available from www.poiplaza.com

Upload it and start saving money that you cna go spend on your car or the wife !

I personally gave up high speed driving on public roads adter they started using mobile patrols....its just not worth the money the fines cost.
Darshan

I dint post it coz i thought it maybe illegal. In my opinion it should not be.
Desert King
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you Wasif. Its perfectly working with Montana. When you upload with Garmin POI loader select the Manual option so you can setup the proximity alarm. Keep it for 500m or 600m because some paparazzi are relocated due to new development of the roads.
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks once again for this useful post.I need help to create route using the following co-ordinates.

Starting point. N25 09.966 E55 49.504
point no.2
N25 08.380 E55 50.100
Point no.3 N25 01.240 E55 43.480
End point N24 59.860 E55 39.710