Two-Way Radio Kangda

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Few days back I got from Dragonmart new radio, model Kangda KD-868 and I tested it now in desert. It is dual band radio, with channels and free selectable frequencies.
VHF 136-174MHz (Available as a separate device)
UHF 350-390MHz/403-470Mhz (We need this model)
It allows to set exact frequency, e.g. Channel 7 (462.7125Mhz - 7 digits), not only 5 or 6 digits, like at some other brands.
I got to it also remote speaker, mic and car charger, all for 300 Dhs. Remote speaker is very handy at driving, as you can drop it anytime, when you need both hands. Until now I'm very happy with it, the sound is clear, without any disturbances and noise, like it was with my previous radio. The seller was talking about 20km range, but I need to test it as well.
User manual is typical Chinese origin, where you need lots of imagination, testing and trials on radio to understand it. It has also lots of other features, which I don't understand at all, as I'm not radio freak.

Related Topic:

1. Walkie Talkie
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Following your post and experience I did buy yesterday the Kangda KD 868..manual explains you ¨clearly¨ how to synchronize device...if you knows what is the meaning of CTCSS/DCS, CO, Busy Channel lock and many more options that I have no clue and believe I would ever have...i´m just wanna save frequencies as in Related Topic ¨Walkie Talkie¨ but still been a rocket sciences for me...

As I challenging person I promise I will be able to configure by myself before next trip..otherwise a bit of light in the way from an expert will be highly appreciated :025:
Maddie

caprihorse;1811 wrote:Few days back I got from Dragonmart new radio, model Kangda KD-868 and I tested it now in desert. It is dual band radio, with channels and free selectable frequencies.
VHF 136-174MHz
UHF 350-390MHz/403-470Mhz
It allows to set exact frequency, e.g. Channel 7 (462.7125Mhz - 7 digits), not only 5 or 6 digits, like at some other brands.
I got to it also remote speaker, mic and car charger, all for 300 Dhs. Remote speaker is very handy at driving, as you can drop it anytime, when you need both hands. Until now I'm very happy with it, the sound is clear, without any disturbances and noise, like it was with my previous radio. The seller was talking about 20km range, but I need to test it as well.
User manual is typical Chinese origin, where you need lots of imagination, testing and trials on radio to understand it. It has also lots of other features, which I don't understand at all, as I'm not radio freak.

Relatd Topic:

1. Walkie Talkie
Marshal, where's your old Kangdi?

I am looking for one BTW, but I will try to register mine. If I can do that, I will upgrade to CB lol

I posted pix of the hook and point too Chief
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Bomolin;24232 wrote:Following your post and experience I did buy yesterday the Kangda KD 868..manual explains you ¨clearly¨ how to synchronize device...if you knows what is the meaning of CTCSS/DCS, CO, Busy Channel lock and many more options that I have no clue and believe I would ever have...i´m just wanna save frequencies as in Related Topic ¨Walkie Talkie¨ but still been a rocket sciences for me...

As I challenging person I promise I will be able to configure by myself before next trip..otherwise a bit of light in the way from an expert will be highly appreciated :025:
hello my friend,

it is so simple, i have one and it was with me in yesterday trip, you just need to press on the required # and you'r ready to go, as simple as that, since we both in AD, you can call me anytime and i can show you how....
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great to know somebody close to sort it out...probably i will call you :035:
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was wondering if you can remember which shop unit number in Dragonmart you bought the radio from? (My previous Dragonmart experiences have often been of getting frustrated and lost!)
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

ginger;24281 wrote:I was wondering if you can remember which shop unit number in Dragonmart you bought the radio from? (My previous Dragonmart experiences have often been of getting frustrated and lost!)
Try shop number :- 1. BAI 05,13
2. BAK 9,10,11
muaz

according to Kangda representative the model mentioned Kangda KD-868 never came with dual band, you need to chose UHF or either VHF

KD-868 330AED
headset 35AED
car charger 15AED

there is a copied design from kenwood and so famous in the market but i never try any, check the link bellow

http://www.atupapa.com/1043800101en.html#.UlafD4b6PK8
Suhail
Advance
Advance

• Press [ATTACH=CONFIG]1581[/ATTACH] , then press [ATTACH=CONFIG]1582[/ATTACH] to choose the frequency status (MODEFR)

• In the frequency status, input the desired frequency (for example 444.250)

• Press [ATTACH=CONFIG]1583[/ATTACH] , and the LCD will show "SAVE***"

• Press [ATTACH=CONFIG]1582[/ATTACH] key or numeric key to change the flashing number on the top right corner.

• Press [ATTACH=CONFIG]1584[/ATTACH] to save the channel.

• Repeat the above steps to save all the channels that you want.

• Press [ATTACH=CONFIG]1581[/ATTACH] , then press [ATTACH=CONFIG]1582[/ATTACH] to choose the Channel status (MODECH)

• Now you can move between saved channels and choose what you want.

alshamsi_m;366 wrote: Channel ----- Frequency (MHz)

1----------------- 462.5625
2----------------- 462.5875
3----------------- 462.6125
4----------------- 462.6375
5----------------- 462.6625
6----------------- 462.6875
7----------------- 462.7125
8----------------- 467.5625
9----------------- 467.5875
10--------------- 467.6125
11--------------- 467.6375
12--------------- 467.6625
13--------------- 467.6875
14--------------- 467.7125

desert_jellyfish

I'm at DM and apparently no one has Kangda because "it's not as good as Crony" (as opposed to what I read here)

Decided not to go ahead with any purchase before discussing with my fellow almosters!

So what do you guys think/suggest?

*edit*

I unknowingly visited the same shop a few times and asked if they have Kangda after the last visit the guy laughed for some reason and said ok ok and brought the KD868 :p

Got it with car charger and headset and the speaker for 350 and thanks to Bu Salems advice i tried the car charger in the shop! Works well, looking forward to using it on the trip