Jeep cherokee 2001

SIDEWINDER

Hi members recently purchased a jeep cherokee 2001.Had some questions regarding this .what 4x4 shift do you normally put when driving in the desert.is it the 4h or the 4l.i believe it has the np231 transfer case with part time 2h 4h N 4l. It feels as if the 4h struggles a lot,lacks power.Is this a transmission issue.
Thanks for your replies.
Taco

Personally, I have no idea but I think you can get some specific feedback from @Abu Jimmy, @hamzahng and @Sorin. Good luck :)
Taceddin "Taco" | 0564806086
-----------------------------------------------------
What signature? I don't need one!
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

To be beneficial in my answer I need more info about the car .
Is it manual or auto transmission ?
What lift high ?
Tyre size ?
In general is it stock or modified ?
What goes around , comes around .
SIDEWINDER

Abu Jimmy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:10 am To be beneficial in my answer I need more info about the car .
What lift high ?
Tyre size ?
Tire size is 275/70 R16 this is automatic trans I'm not sure of the lift but it is 4 inch lift if not more it is high though
Engine is stock
Hope that helps
SIDEWINDER

Abu Jimmy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:10 am To be beneficial in my answer I need more info about the car .
What lift high ?
Tyre size ?

Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Usually with such lift and tyres size , the car will struggle a bit on 4 H . Still it should be drivable except for the climbing of really big dunes .
Its better to start with a transmission oil change and fix an auxiliary transmission oil cooler .
SIDEWINDER

Abu Jimmy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:03 am Usually with such lift and tyres size , the car will struggle a bit on 4 H . Still it should be drivable except for the climbing of really big dunes .
Its better to start with a transmission oil change and fix an auxiliary transmission oil cooler .
Thanks abu Jimmy for the update will try this.sorry had another question :I you drive on 4 l will it be bad for the transmission or it will be fine.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Dune bashing needs speed and driving in 4 Lo will keep your RPM high all the time , this will surely work out the power train .