Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Wheels not turning when stuck

SKALK

Good Morning Gents!

Right, my latest question based on this weeks experience.

The scenario I faced this weekend was related to all 4-wheels in 4H not turning(no-wheel spin in the following case as indicated in the image below) RPM climb to 2000RPM and stops?

Question: Is it possible that due to not having a diff non of the 4-wheels were spinning as all of them had transaction placed against them, or should at least 1-spin?

Once I shifted over to 4L the HP transferred through to the wheels and recovered the vehicle successfully, what is the reason that 4L allows for the HP to transfer and why does 4H not allow for this?

Note - Kills Switch ON - No Traction, No ABS.

Thanks in advance.... getting to know my Jeep.
IMG-20180817-WA0044.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

When you turn the kill switch on , do the yellow warning lights for ABS & TC go on ?

Even on 4H you should have high RPM and the left side tyres should spin .

Seems like your traction control system is still active and kicking .
What goes around , comes around .
SKALK

[mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention]

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, all the lights were on for Traction and ABS, I had the kill switch installed earlier during the week.

This coming weekend I'll deliberately sink the Jeep and run a few exercises to see what is the results and come to a conclusion once and for all. I'll report back with my findings. :geek:

EID Mubarak to all.

Regards,

SKALK
presa
Marshal
Marshal

SKALK wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 pm @Abu Jimmy

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, all the lights were on for Traction and ABS, I had the kill switch installed earlier during the week.

This coming weekend I'll deliberately sink the Jeep and run a few exercises to see what is the results and come to a conclusion once and for all. I'll report back with my findings. :geek:

EID Mubarak to all.

Regards,

SKALK
Hey Bud!

How were the tests? Was the killer switch?

Let us know how it when!
SKALK

Good Morning Presa,

So I ran the necessary test and everything looks fine.

The jeep does everything its suppose too but what I have learned was the difference between mechanical and electrical power distribution.

As my Jeep does not have a diff-lock I realized the importance(need) of a diff-lock in some cases.

I have to say the penny dropped after catching up with Booy and spending a few minutes with Shamsi.

All the best,

Regards,

SKALK