Opinions invited on the New Fortuner 4L - 4x4

jas_mirage
Club Member
Club Member

I would love to go with the Double Cab and put the in-laws in the rear. But I don't think the missuss would be happy about that at all.

I have finally decided to go for the fortuner 4L itself. Lets see how it goes. Waiting to see if I can bait some better deal since it is ramadan.
abdullah1234
Club Member
Club Member

Jas,
Good day i have read the whole post and let me giv u an suggestion the day i started driving in the desert i was so in love with it that i would be driving while i was asleep so hope u understand my passion here. Now to get to the point i love driving in desert bt in intermediate or newbie level as honestly my pocket cant take any damages on my car and my passion is to drive in the desert not to race or do stunts or night drives or higher level things which is not required. (Im telling you this because try to know how passionate or agresive you are in the desert if u want to sto in this levels you can take any SUV if you want to go higher u have to consider cars offroading capabilities.)
The problem with toyota is if u do any modifications with ur car or if something happens to your car in desert toyota voids the warranty if there are any unauthorized modifications (pls make sure to get a proper off road insurance and get to know as they have very few garages whose modifications al futtaim approve).
Bumpers are very commonly broken in desert can u handle that with a brand new car if yes you may go for fortuner if not then i would suggest you start with a pathfinder full option 2001 to 2005 model price can range from 9 to 15 k depends on model and condition and yeah even if u break the car u can keep it all week long in the garage and dont forget there is expense and time required to do that as u will have 2 cars nd old cars usually have wear nd tear.

My 2 cents