FJ Cruiser Exhaust System Upgrade

Soorena

Hi Almosters,
I would like to know your opinions about FJ exhaust upgrades, my 2012 stock car is going to receive few upgrades slowly, and I was guessing a good exhaust system is having a higher priority than Suspension upgrade, since I am on Road most of times.
So please help me with 2 questions, shall I go for an upgrade? or attach to stock system? and if YES, which is your suggestion? Borla? Magnaflow? or any other ideas?

Thank you in advance for help :) Hoping to see you MORE on the sand.:yarr:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Dough Throully exhaust headers long tube and TRD cat back is all you need .
What goes around , comes around .
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Abu Jimmy;46326 wrote:Dough Throully exhaust headers - long tube and TRD cat back is all you need .
That was my setup on my previous FJ
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Soorena

Abu Jimmy;46326 wrote:Dough Throully exhaust headers long tube and TRD cat back is all you need .
alshamsi_m;46327 wrote:That was my setup on my previous FJ
Thank you so much @Abu Jimmy & my helpful brother @alshamsi_m

The set seems like a good suggestion! Any retail store which have Dough Throley in stock? And the TRD Cat Back, do you mean the Toyota brand or any other particular brands? There are choices of Borla, Magnaflow and others on dubizzle.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi [MENTION=8647]Soorena[/MENTION]

Having a kit back by itself is going to give you a very nice sound but no horse power so please have this in mind.

Having air intake + unichip + kitback will give performance. The equation is " Quick air in + right fuel burning + quick air out ".

Now let us go back to the exhaust:
1. Borla : if it is the dual exhaust then the one which is only decoration is going to keep falling.
2. MagnaFlow: is nice but I think the sound is a bit high.
3.TRD : is nice and I consider it the most decent but it will make rattle noise after one year or more.
4. Try to check on YOUTUBE the exhaust vedios to make a comparesson

Have in mind that is you drive in SHARJAH " Al Baddayer & Al Faya " ... yo might be in trouble too

Best Regards
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Soorena;46328 wrote:Thank you so much @Abu Jimmy & my helpful brother @alshamsi_m

The set seems like a good suggestion! Any retail store which have Dough Throley in stock? And the TRD Cat Back, do you mean the Toyota brand or any other particular brands? There are choices of Borla, Magnaflow and others on dubizzle.
Check with Gorge +971504419590 in AUH
Soorena

alshamsi_m;46330 wrote:Check with Gorge +971504419590 in AUH
Thank you again, I will call him and most probably will visit him on Thursday, the only thing remaining, is it would be great if you could help me with a Ladder :D How to take steps one by one, since the budgeting is an important part for me, I will move with phases, and phase one is FJ's birthday gift, limited to 4000AED, so please help me with the decision making of shall I go for Cat Back, or Headers? or even the unichip?

By the way, checking videos on youtube & old threads by you and other members, I think Borla is out of game (specially since the second pipe is a decorative peace of junk! And Magnaflow seems fair, even though the sound is a bit high.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Soorena;46331 wrote:Thank you again, I will call him and most probably will visit him on Thursday, the only thing remaining, is it would be great if you could help me with a Ladder :D How to take steps one by one, since the budgeting is an important part for me, I will move with phases, and phase one is FJ's birthday gift, limited to 4000AED, so please help me with the decision making of shall I go for Cat Back, or Headers? or even the unichip?

By the way, checking videos on youtube & old threads by you and other members, I think Borla is out of game (specially since the second pipe is a decorative peace of junk! And Magnaflow seems fair, even though the sound is a bit high.
I think the exhaust system is in this range ... both items
shopard
Club Member
Club Member

I bought my AFE catback from ICON long time back, not sure if they still sell afe catback for FJ.