Skid Plates (front and rear) for Nissan Patrol Y62

Kris_K

Hi all,

I will be searching around for front and rear skid plates for my Y62 Patrol 2016 .
Has anybody got an experience with this particular model?
Would you drop a few contact details to companies experienced in plates for Patrol you would recommend, please?

I like the ones from Patrol Desert Edition, but accordingly to Arabian Motors, for now they are not available.
http://www.drivearabia.com/news/wp-cont ... tion-2.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Q_qs0rH2ngk/hqdefault.jpg

Has anybody got experience with Arabian Motors and their understanding of fixing the plates vs. warranty?
Do the plates must be purchased and fixed at their facilities or they allow for the job to be done externally?
Does one need a written permission to go for the fixing job externally prior to fixing?

Please share your experience.

Has any member of the club drives Y62 and takes his Patrol in desert regularly? Please let us know your experience with the vehicle.

I am keen on getting the beast into desert and cannot wait, but for now will keep it on tarmac for say 5000 km until all is mechanically settled down.

Many thanks in advance.

@ Bu Salem, Ginger, Armin...
do you remember my white Pathfinder 2014 (or rather Mallfinder)?
It took a while, but I eventually swapped it with a Patrol and in a short while I hope to see your faces again and join the fun in desert and not only in front of my PC Image

Cheers
Kris.
Vishal

Hi Kris_K
I am driving 2015 Nissan Patrol Y62. Its a really great car but the only major problem is the front and rear bumper. It would be great to get the bumpers changed before taking this beast off-roading because you never now when you may end up leaving it in the desert. :001:

Regarding the Skid plate and bumpers you can always check Sharjah.:Psmiley:

See you Soon :)
Kris_K

Thanks Vishal.

Which front bumper have you got, the standard or the ''city'' one?
You're right, I was thinking about swaping the stock bumpers with custom off-road ones, but the design of what is available on the market at the moment is not very fortunate and does look very odd.

Have you got any night led light on yours yet? I consider getting the one fixed in the engine compartment behind the grill mesh.

Cheers
Kris
Vishal

I am still using the standard bumper and i dont think you will need a LED light bar at newbie level. :P
Vishal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2891[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2892[/ATTACH] this is what one of friends got. He got it done for approx 4k-5k dhs (Bumper and the skid plate) including installation from sharjah. The bumper is reinforced aluminum and weighs 12kgs only.
Kris_K

Thanks Vishal.
Actually the bumper you have shown does not look bad at all,

Re. the light, does it mean that the Sun shines for Newbies 24/7 :) ?

I have been with my old Pathfinder to some picknics / camping on sand with friends and family and with the stock lights it was a nightmare to navigate after dusk.

Many thanks for your tips and time.

Cheers
Kris.
Vishal

I don't think so you would need it when you drive with the club. But if you camp frequently then it wouldn't be a bad investment.:Psmiley:

Cheers