GoPro Suction cup safe?

Romin

I am planning to mount my GoPro on my bonnet/hood for next Friday's trip, I've seen people do this but I haven't done it myself. Has anyone tried it? If yes how safe is it, has it fallen off or anything bad? Are there any precautions that I should take?
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Romin;44593 wrote:I am planning to mount my GoPro on my bonnet/hood for next Friday's trip, I've seen people do this but I haven't done it myself. Has anyone tried it? If yes how safe is it, has it fallen off or anything bad? Are there any precautions that I should take?
I used it many times without any problem. Just make sure the surface and the suction cup is cleaned and release the air as much as you can. After fixing it test it with pulling it hard.

And pray :)
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Romin

Daggerfall;44594 wrote:I used it many times without any problem. Just make sure the surface and the suction cup is cleaned and release the air as much as you can. After fixing it test it with pulling it hard.

And pray :)
Where do you usually mount it?
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Romin;44595 wrote:Where do you usually mount it?
Front part of the bonnet and top at the back for rear shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ssj4a9 ... e=youtu.be

Romin

Looks amazing. A few questions..

1) Hero 4 or 3+?
2) How do you control it? Phone or Wrist controller? If phone, do you keep it connected thru wifi all the time? Or connect only when you want to do something (stop, start, save etc)
3) What's your battery strategy? Single battery or you have back ups?
4) There is a part which seems like you've fixed it to your side mirror, I have tons of those adaptors but couldn't figure out how to get it side ways on my side window.
5) Have you thought of mounting it on your light bracket thing on the side of your bonnet by making a custom simple bracket and a nut. I have an FJ and the first thing that came to my mind was mounting over there, I've ordered those brackets waiting for them to arrive, once they are here I'll make a custom mount for them. What are your thoughts on that?
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Romin;44597 wrote:Looks amazing. A few questions..

1) Hero 4 or 3+?
2) How do you control it? Phone or Wrist controller? If phone, do you keep it connected thru wifi all the time? Or connect only when you want to do something (stop, start, save etc)
3) What's your battery strategy? Single battery or you have back ups?
4) There is a part which seems like you've fixed it to your side mirror, I have tons of those adaptors but couldn't figure out how to get it side ways on my side window.
5) Have you thought of mounting it on your light bracket thing on the side of your bonnet by making a custom simple bracket and a nut. I have an FJ and the first thing that came to my mind was mounting over there, I've ordered those brackets waiting for them to arrive, once they are here I'll make a custom mount for them. What are your thoughts on that?
1- Hero 4 Black and Hero 3
2- Manually. I didn't try remote but all this wifi and Bluetooth are not reliable and uses to much energy
3- Both have extra battery
4- The suction cup arms are adjustable . With some additional parts you can fix it on anyplace. Check the videos on you tube.
5- The FJ you saw in the video is [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] .One of our marshalls. He can give you suggestions about the FJ

Mtarifi
Club Member
Club Member

there is the new session 4 its small lasts for long hours has 8 MP of shooting but you can switch wifi off and it doesnt have bluetooth, it has a new ball mount joint which you can install it in a flush mode so it will give you better footage. i used all Go pros and i use them professionally for automotive events i prefer the session 4 it gives nice quality and lasts long hours.

thats my opinion. if you want to see the footage i can send you a link with onboard footage inside the car.